dcsimg

A Cute Little Shiny Diamond Plate Project, Guess What It Is

This topic contains 108 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 101 through 109 (of 109 total)
  • Author

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

You ever think of just restoring and getting running old golf carts like that Dabbs?

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

The air filter cover looks good Dabb’s. Looks like it has a new fuel line, belt and starter? More of your work?

Good eye and yes, That’s all me. Except the starter, It’s not new I just cleaned it. Also replaced the points, condenser, coil, plug wire, plug, carb, fuel line pick up in tank, fuel filter, set the ignition timing and gapped the points. Installed new choke cable, checked the reed valve, adjusted the brakes, rewired the coil to points. Umm……Might be a couple other things I don’t remember now, I know I circled it a couple hundred times LOL

You have been busy. I bet they thing runs better than new now.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous

You ever think of just restoring and getting running old golf carts like that Dabbs?

Yes I have thought about doing that very thing, I don’t think there’s much room to make a lot of money doing it though. But it would be fun anyway, Plus I have a buddy who is a paint and body man that will paint anything I take him for free. Although I always give him a couple cases of beer so he’s happy lol. He’s the one that painted mine, I’ve posted this pic before but here it is again anyway.

Oh, I also just bought another golf cart. This one has been redone already, I’ll get a pic of it today

Anonymous

Ok here’s a pic of the second Golf cart I just bought, It’s already somewhat pimped out lol. It runs great but still has the governor hooked up and limits the speed to about 13mph, That’ll never do for me. Todays project is to figure out how to bypass it, It goes real well with my trailer too 🙂

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

That’s a nice cart Dabbs. You should throw a Hayabusa motor in it.

Anonymous

That’s a nice cart Dabbs. You should throw a Hayabusa motor in it.

Indeed!! I have a buddy that was modifying his with a 340cc 3 cylinder 2 cycle Polaris snowmobile engine, He got as far as mounting the engine but never did quite get the rest of it done. That would have been a screamer, IF I had more ambition I’d try to finish it for him

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Hopefully he gets back to it and finishes it up.

Anonymous

He’s actually a member here of BTP. Hey I know, Let’s give him a push LOL @wheelie Hello Brian 🙂

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Ok here’s a pic of the second Golf cart I just bought, It’s already somewhat pimped out lol. It runs great but still has the governor hooked up and limits the speed to about 13mph, That’ll never do for me. Todays project is to figure out how to bypass it, It goes real well with my trailer too

Good looking cart Dabb’s. Just needs a little diamond plate or chrome on it.
    Have you got the bypass figured out yet?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Viewing 9 posts - 101 through 109 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.498 seconds