dcsimg

A Cute Little Shiny Diamond Plate Project, Guess What It Is

This topic contains 108 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

No but I’ll get one when I go back up there and put it on, I might go in a couple days.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

No but I’ll get one when I go back up there and put it on, I might go in a couple days.

Good, cause I still can’t figure out what it does til I see a pic despite your very good detailed explanation earlier on. My knowledge of engines is not that great.

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

Anonymous

Good, cause I still can’t figure out what it does til I see a pic despite your very good detailed explanation earlier on. My knowledge of engines is not that great.

I know I don’t explain things very well sometimes LOL, the filter housing is in two parts. Top half and bottom half and this replaces the top half, in that last series of pictures I posted of the golf cart itself if you look close you can see the top of the filter housing. It’s black and pretty much in front of the right rear tire…… I’ll take before and after pics when I install it, it’ll all make sense then…………IF it works out as planned lol

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

IF it works out as planned lol

Looks to me like it will and do just what you want it to.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous

IF it works out as planned lol

Looks to me like it will and do just what you want it to.

I’m going to head up there tomorrow for a couple days so I’ll find out

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Looking forward to seeing the filter housing on the cart.
    I’m sure it will do as good as you planned.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I know I don’t explain things very well sometimes LOL, the filter housing is in two parts. Top half and bottom half and this replaces the top half, in that last series of pictures I posted of the golf cart itself if you look close you can see the top of the filter housing. It’s black and pretty much in front of the right rear tire…… I’ll take before and after pics when I install it, it’ll all make sense then…………IF it works out as planned lol

That would help @Dabbs. I was stunned by a bike last nite while attending my son’s baseball game last nite. When I saw the housing on the air filter intake, I thought to your thread.

I’m by no means a bike afficienado, but this bike in all it’s shiny chrome was a looker despite its skulls and crossbones theme which in itself is not my thing.

Kevin.

Anonymous

That would help @dabbs. I was bespactackeled by a bike last nite while attending my son’s baseball game last nite. When I saw the housing on the air filter intake, I thought to your thread.

I’m by no means a bike afficienado, but this bike in all it’s shiny chrome was a looker despite its skulls and crossbones theme which in itself is not my thing.

Yeah he’s got that little Harley accessorized, That’s the baby ‘Sportster’. We call them a girls bike where I come from………That aftermarket air intake has become very popular, A lot of them I see have a ‘scoop’ rather than a filter on the end for Ram Air.

Reminds me a little of my last Harley though, Only mine was a Low Rider. Bigger overall and heavier, bigger engine too

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

That’s the baby ‘Sportster’. We call them a girls bike where I come from………

It is considered the same here as well. I just liked all that sparkling gleaming chrome. Really sparkled nice up close. There wasn’t a speck of dirt on it.

Kevin.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Great job with the project, and nice pictures! Love it. I would never have guessed that was what it was for, but I liked all the other ideas.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Reminds me a little of my last Harley though, Only mine was a Low Rider. Bigger overall and heavier, bigger engine too

Very nice bike you had there Boyd. Very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Very nice bike you had there Boyd. Very nice.

Yeah nice ride you had, what year was that,

Anonymous

It was a 1990 1340cc (80ci) Evo Low Rider with rubber motor mounts, Had to special order it to get that color. Took like 2 months to get it,…… Had it for 16 years then sold it back in 06 due to my back issues.

Funny thing how they say Harleys are too expensive. Well, I got $1000 less out of it then I paid for it 16 years prior

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

It was a 1990 1340cc (80ci) Evo Low Rider with rubber motor mounts, Had to special order it to get that color. Took like 2 months to get it,…… Had it for 16 years then sold it back in 06 due to my back issues.

Funny thing how they say Harleys are too expensive. Well, I got $1000 less out of it then I paid for it 16 years prior

Goes to show that they do hold their value.
    Well worth the price new.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Well, it was a beautiful bike,
    My Co worker just bought one able 3 years ago, $$$$.$$ but it’s his mid life crisis adventure lol, he loves his bike,

Looks like you really did not loose any money really, for having it that many years, and getting close to what you paid, good deal.

Anonymous

I don’t think they’d do quite as well now though, A buddy just bought a new full dresser RoadKing top of the Harley line with all the options. Even has hand and seat warmers, Cost him $40,000. I doubt he’ll ever get close to that back out of it, but he’ll never sell it anyway. I think they’ve turned into one of them toys that ya don’t buy it to resell it, Ya buy it to use it for a long time. And if ya say $40,000 really fast it doesn’t hurt so bad LOL.

The new RZR I want is $20,000. And I’m sure within a year it wouldn’t be worth half that, Ouch LOL

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

The new RZR I want is $20,000. And I’m sure within a year it wouldn’t be worth half that, Ouch LOL

I figured you’d be looking at the new turbo models by now Dabb’s. I hear they finely have a fix for all the fires.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

That would help @dabbs. I was bespactackeled by a bike last nite while attending my son’s baseball game last nite. When I saw the housing on the air filter intake, I thought to your thread.

Yeah he’s got that little Harley accessorized, That’s the baby ‘Sportster’. We call them a girls bike where I come from………That aftermarket air intake has become very popular, A lot of them I see have a ‘scoop’ rather than a filter on the end for Ram Air.

Bet Girls Bike isnt what you say,lol

I don’t think they’d do quite as well now though, A buddy just bought a new full dresser RoadKing top of the Harley line with all the options. Even has hand and seat warmers, Cost him $40,000. I doubt he’ll ever get close to that back out of it, but he’ll never sell it anyway. I think they’ve turned into one of them toys that ya don’t buy it to resell it, Ya buy it to use it for a long time. And if ya say $40,000 really fast it doesn’t hurt so bad LOL.

Miss the days of one factory and a tear wait, never lost a penny then

Anonymous

I figured you’d be looking at the new turbo models by now Dabb’s. I hear they finely have a fix for all the fires.

I did look into them, Mostly for the long travel suspension. Of course the turbo would be added fun 🙂

Bet Girls Bike isnt what you say,lol

LOL, Yer right. I had to be nice LOL

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.647 seconds