dcsimg

A Cute Little Shiny Diamond Plate Project, Guess What It Is

This topic contains 108 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  RonW 1 year, 5 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 109 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

A new cover for that hose where the previous plug got stuck down the drain pipe.

Oooooooo, That’s a very well thought out educated guess. And not a bad idea………….But incorrect

Shoot! I thought I nailed it for sure. 😣

OK, here’s another one. You’re gonna add a handle to that small hole and it’s gonna be a scoop of sorts.

Nope, But now I’m considering making another one for capping off that sewer pipe lol. The polished aluminum Should be noticable enough to keep someone from trying to stuff in it the ground pipe, Of course it would wrap all the way around itself rather than the ‘scoop’ looking design of this

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well it’s very nice and you should make some more of em..

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Hail Mary time….it’s a toilet paper holder for the bathroom in your mancave.

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

Anonymous

Well it’s very nice and you should make some more of em..

I may have to make one more as the guy it’s being made for has two of what it’s going on

Hail Mary time….it’s a toilet paper holder for the bathroom in your mancave.

Wow it would work for that too but Nope

Hey @Dabbs how’s about a taillight cover for a truck/trailer something like that?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Hey @dabbs how’s about a taillight cover for a truck/trailer something like that?

Looks like it could be some sort of head or tail light cover??

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

Whatever you cut it with you sure did a nice job.
    I say some sort of can holder.

I was going to say the same thing, nice cuts

Thanks you two, I whizzed through the cutting in like 90 seconds with my Bosch ‘D’ handle 572 jiggy with a Bosch metal cutting blade. I’m surgical with that saw.

The first 572 I had was the barrel grip and I just couldn’t get the feel for it, So I traded it for the ‘D’ handle which is the style I grew up on

Beautiful cuts for sure. I never would have guessed jiggy.

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of enthusiasm.
    ...... Winston Churchill

Anonymous

Whatever you cut it with you sure did a nice job.
    I say some sort of can holder.

I was going to say the same thing, nice cuts

Thanks you two, I whizzed through the cutting in like 90 seconds with my Bosch ‘D’ handle 572 jiggy with a Bosch metal cutting blade. I’m surgical with that saw.

The first 572 I had was the barrel grip and I just couldn’t get the feel for it, So I traded it for the ‘D’ handle which is the style I grew up on

Beautiful cuts for sure. I never would have guessed jiggy.

Yep that’s the only way I have to cut it here, check out the pic in my first post. Love my D handle 572 with the variable speed trigger. The barrel grip 572 was so awkward to me, I didn’t like that it takes two hands to run it if ya need to change speeds and just hard to hang on to etc. I couldn’t keep it on the line even using a straight edge lol

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Whatever it is the cuts were really nice and it is really nice work.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Anonymous

Hey @dabbs how’s about a taillight cover for a truck/trailer something like that?

Looks like it could be some sort of head or tail light cover??

I guess it does look like it could slip over an industrial tail light or even a roof mounted strobe light, but nope. Nothing like that………

The power is out where I’m at this morning, when it comes back on I’ll post another pic with a hint 🙂

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@Dabbs, a license plate light cover? I don’t know wild guess, but what ever you are making, you did a great redneck job on the binding / forming without the use of a roller.

Actually at first I thought it was for a hitch cover with a step incorporated into it, just had to strengthen the plate

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Here’s a little project I did yesterday, I’ll show progress pics just to see if yous can guess what it is and to show how I made it.

With what’s in the back ground it looks like some type of air intake/ filter shroud?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous

@dabbs, a license plate light cover? I don’t know wild guess, but what ever you are making, you did a great redneck job on the binding / forming without the use of a roller.

Actually at first I thought it was for a hitch cover with a step incorporated into it, just had to strengthen the plate

I guess it does look like a license plate light cover but it’s way too big for that

We’re going to get this solved today, although I don’t think anyone will get what exactly it’s for without showing a pic

Hint: It’s a modification for a Harley lol

smallerstick
    Pro
    Listowel, ON

It’s a cover for an air filter!

Success is the ability to go from one failure to another without loss of enthusiasm.
    ...... Winston Churchill

Clev08
    Pro

I had a feeling it might be for a motorcycle, since it’s not a headlight cover is it a headlight mount?

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

We’re going to get this solved today, although I don’t think anyone will get what exactly it’s for without showing a pic

Either a cover for a dash gauge or it’s a helmet for Puppy Monkey Baby.

Kevin.

Support your local VIKING.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

lol it is a helmet, medieval style.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Harley.. EH?
    Air cleaner cover?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Even though I am out of guesses, or rehashing ones that have already been put forward, I have to say nice work for a jigsaw, hand roll and the ballpeen 🙂

Will

Anonymous

Here’s a little project I did yesterday, I’ll show progress pics just to see if yous can guess what it is and to show how I made it.

With what’s in the back ground it looks like some type of air intake/ filter shroud?

It’s a cover for an air filter!

Harley.. EH?
    Air cleaner cover?

WINNER!! Atta boy @ronw WooHoo!! Good eye, I noticed after posting that pic yesterday the stock one was showing so I just left it for a hint. And you made me eat my words in my last post too LOL, We must have been typing at the same time as I hadn’t seen your post. I really thought I’d have to post a pic like this

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 109 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.664 seconds