dcsimg

A Cordless Belt Sander!

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

if bosch made one of these. they could always put the 18v 6 amp in and that should last a little longer. When bosch comes out with the cordless random orbital, I can’t wait to see what the 4a will do on it.

if bosch made one of these. they could always put the 18v 6 amp in and that should last a little longer. When bosch comes out with the cordless random orbital, I can’t wait to see what the 4a will do on it.

yes I am very curious to see how and what sort of runtime the new enracer 6.3 and how it will compare with the other big boys , like the Mil 9.0 amp and the yellow 60 volts

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I agree, it’s definitely not a replacement for a full sized corded belt sander, and shouldn’t be looked at as one. It’s more of a convenient cordless alternative for quick and smaller jobs.

However like just about any cordless tool if you have enough batteries you probably could run it non stop full time as if it were corded.

I agree!

Greg

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

kurt@welkerhomes.com wrote:

I feel like that was a pretty fair review, From what he said if that were on a battery platform that I have, bosch or milwaukee, I would buy it. Dont have any plans to get into ridgid at this time but if they keep coming out with some of these with no answers from other brands I may jump in.

Dan
    Pro
    Mooreshill, IN

I see that looks okey i guess but for aome reason on any belt sander i felt if you push it down hard enough motor slows down i dont know how is that gonna work on battery power belt sander. Belt sanders are power hungry. I wish we can get beltsander from bosch but they dont make one

My dad has an older bosch belt sander and it’s great. I don’t know why they stopped making them. But imo the old made in the USA porter cable belt Sanders are the best

I still haven’t found one that works as hard, or feels like my old porter cable.

No matter how good you think you are you there is always someone that is better, or can teach you something.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s true, but I’m sure those guys don’t just have one battery,

Have batteries is a must.

This is true. It looks like almost all the tools RIDGID sells are bare tools. Do they have the cordless router in a kit with charger and batteries?

Not that I have seen Bill. I think this one is bare tool only.

I think so too. Guess I’ll have to put the starter kit on my list as well.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

kurt@welkerhomes.com wrote:

I feel like that was a pretty fair review, From what he said if that were on a battery platform that I have, bosch or milwaukee, I would buy it. Dont have any plans to get into ridgid at this time but if they keep coming out with some of these with no answers from other brands I may jump in.

I’m feeling the same way.

Since I’m always mobile I’m not big on multiple battery platforms because it’s just inconvenient trying to charge them where my sites tend to have limited outlets.

However with the new products they are releasing combined with the price point it’s hard to simply ignore them.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.354 seconds