dcsimg

8" Skil Saw Outlaw Worm Drive Metal Cutting Saw.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have cut rebar with my 18volt saw but with the price of blades I’d stick with other ways to cut the rebars.

A chop saw would be a better option here.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Excellent review Sven.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have cut rebar with my 18volt saw but with the price of blades I’d stick with other ways to cut the rebars.

A chop saw would be a better option here.

Yes that would be a good way to cut it. Also the lever cutter or the Hitachi electric cutter is very good to. I have not used the 18volt cutters yet.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

@Dabbs These are better pictures of the chip catch. Sorry it took a minute to get the pictures up.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@dabbs These are better pictures of the chip catch. Sorry it took a minute to get the pictures up.

Nice pics Thanks, So it must be that area at the top? Sorry I may be a little dense on this but I’ve never seen one before 🙂

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

The whole thing is a chip catch. The chips get fed into the cover thingy at the top. I’ll get you some more pictures and pull some crayons out to explain it better.

Anonymous
    Inactive

The whole thing is a chip catch. The chips get fed into the cover thingy at the top. I’ll get you some more pictures and pull some crayons out to explain it better.

I asked in the previous post if it was the whole thing but edited it out cuz I didn’t want to seem stupid LOL, Ok I got it. You don’t have to go to all that trouble if ya don’t want to…Thanks

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I asked in the previous post if it was the whole thing but edited it out cuz I didn’t want to seem stupid LOL, Ok I got it. You don’t have to go to all that trouble if ya don’t want to…Thanks

Dude, your fine. I’m just razzing you. I’ll get some clearer pictures and explain a little more in depth. Gives us something to chat about. 😉

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

ThanX Sven for the pic’s.
    Good to know that the whole thing is a chip catch.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

Dude, your fine. I’m just razzing you. I’ll get some clearer pictures and explain a little more in depth. Gives us something to chat about. 😉

Don’t feel bad, I’m learning this chip collection system also :o.
    When we used to use the circular saw on aluminum, we let it fly all over.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’ll get you some more pictures and pull some crayons out to explain it better.

Man is this thing a catch or a shroud? It doesn’t accully hold the chips does it? My 18volt saw has what I want to call a shroud but it doesn’t hold the chips. They hit the ground. I like the red & blue the best

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It is both a catch and a shroud. I was amazed how much chips it held. it is odd to get used to emptying your saw.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Sounds better than spraying hot shrapnels at high speed lol.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It is both a catch and a shroud. I was amazed how much chips it held. it is odd to get used to emptying your saw.

How do you empty it?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Interesting concept, I wonder if that is in response to an upcoming safety requirement to contain sparks on the job site.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

How do you empty it?

Just press a button on the top of the saw and it comes off, tip it upside down and the chips fall out.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

How do you empty it?

Just press a button on the top of the saw and it comes off, tip it upside down and the chips fall out.

Sounds simple enough. Definitely nice not having metal chips flying everywhere.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Thanks Kurt for helping with the answers. It is a nice concept and pretty efficient.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Sven, I am just finishing my review , I really do loike the chip catcher, it works well.

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

It does, and the saw is really nice. Would like to take the 12″ chop saw for a spin some time. I’m sure that one is amazing as well.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.458 seconds