dcsimg

7/16 impact

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    vos
    Pro
    oswego, NY
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I think they armostly used to run auger bits so you can use one hand without worrying about the drill getting ripped out of your hand.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Bosch makes one too, In fact it’s on the piggy list for ya. I have one and it’s great, 500ft lbs of torque and you can get an adapter to 1/2″ square drive for sockets. I carry it in my truck for flat tires etc, And it’ll drive the biggest of big auger bits. This one is an 1 1/2″ x 18″ long

Bosch makes one too, In fact it’s on the piggy list for ya. I have one and it’s great, 500ft lbs of torque and you can get an adapter to 1/2″ square drive for sockets. I carry it in my truck for flat tires etc, And it’ll drive the biggest of big auger bits. This one is an 1 1/2″ x 18″ long

nice , that thing is a beast , i only know of you and Sven that have them , I still have it on my long list of tools

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

I know Milwaukee made one in the 28 volt line. I assumed they were like a small and portable version of an air impact.

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I wouldn’t mind getting one of those eventually. It would be nice to see them come out with one to compete with the other three brands out with at least doubled the torque.

Clev08
    Pro

I wouldn’t mind getting one of those eventually. It would be nice to see them come out with one to compete with the other three brands out with at least doubled the torque.

I agree I’d love one off of the list but I want more torque. I’ll probably never need it, but I want it lol

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I agree I’d love one off of the list but I want more torque. I’ll probably never need it, but I want it lol

Don’t you already have Milwaukee stuff. The fuel one has 1200 pounds of torque. Just get that.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So why are people drilling holes with a impact driver?? Why not use a hammer drill?? I thought impact was for nuts bolts and screws and such.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

So why are people drilling holes with a impact driver?? Why not use a hammer drill?? I thought impact was for nuts bolts and screws and such.

Yeah that is what I thought too. Use the right tool for the job. I am sure the actions are different between impacts and the hammer drills.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Yeah that is what I thought too. Use the right tool for the job. I am sure the actions are different between impacts and the hammer drills.

Impact driver/wrench doesn’t transmit as much torque to your wrist, it’s mostly absorbed by the mass of the tool. No difference on small holes but on large holes you don’t need to brace the tool nearly as much. Not to mention if the bit is jammed a powerful drill can literally break your wrist.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I somewhat agree, I wouldn’t use one for drilling metal. It can’t be good on the bit or as accurate as a real drill, But they are better for drilling a big rough finished hole in wood for the reasons Jsm said below. I used to use a big spade bit with a powerful drill and when the bit catches/stops it’ll tear your arm off, I think we’ve all been there done that a time or two.

Impact driver/wrench doesn’t transmit as much torque to your wrist, it’s mostly absorbed by the mass of the tool. No difference on small holes but on large holes you don’t need to brace the tool nearly as much. Not to mention if the bit is jammed a powerful drill can literally break your wrist.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t you already have Milwaukee stuff. The fuel one has 1200 pounds of torque. Just get that.

I can’t imagine ever needing that much torque, 500ft lbs in a hand impact is plenty

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Depends on what you are doing. If you were working on some heavy duty machines like a tractor and there was an old rusty bolt you might need all the power you can get.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.409 seconds