dcsimg

6 panel door

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

Top and bottom. Door was slightly to tall so I had to cut some off. So I ended up trimming off the top and bottom and looks nicer. Lucky on me.

Ah ok , that will take care of it , how much did you trim off , those end and top fillers are not very big or thick if you want , if I recall correctly they are around 1 inch or something like that.

I cut off 1/8inch on top and 1/4 on bottom.

Top and bottom. Door was slightly to tall so I had to cut some off. So I ended up trimming off the top and bottom and looks nicer. Lucky on me.

So basically problem solved other than maybe a coat of paint?

Yes. I used a mini roller like someone mentions. It worked better than I thought. A few dings on the door, but paint kinda took care of that.

Doobie

Once you hang it up, show us a final pic if your OK with that.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Ah ok , that will take care of it , how much did you trim off , those end and top fillers are not very big or thick if you want , if I recall correctly they are around 1 inch or something like that.

Yes. I used a mini roller like someone mentions. It worked better than I thought. A few dings on the door, but paint kinda took care of that.

Good you were able to cut the bad off the door.
    How will you handle mortising the hinges?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

That won’t be bad. I marked it and chiseled out what I needed.

Next thing I got to do was put the door knob on and then cut out a new spot for it to latch into the frame. Existing hole what I plan to do is all the sawdust that I had from cutting off the top and bottom of the door I’m going to mix that sawdust with some wood glue and filled at in and sand it down free paint. I need to update the switch plate on the wall too lol.

@hojo04 looks great , nicely done
    You saved some money , and did it yourself
    Good stuff , thanks for the update.

Doobie

I’m impressed. Thought you would’ve got flumuxed with hanging it. You seem to have thought it thru. Glad it’s working out for you so far.

hojo04
    Pro
    Burton, Michigan

I’m impressed. Thought you would’ve got flumuxed with hanging it. You seem to have thought it thru. Glad it’s working out for you so far.

Thanks. I appreciate that.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

That won’t be bad. I marked it and chiseled out what I needed.

Next thing I got to do was put the door knob on and then cut out a new spot for it to latch into the frame. Existing hole what I plan to do is all the sawdust that I had from cutting off the top and bottom of the door I’m going to mix that sawdust with some wood glue and filled at in and sand it down free paint. I need to update the switch plate on the wall too lol.

Door looks good! Good job! Happy the work door worked out for you.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Looks like the door came out very nice. Good job.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 9 posts - 21 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.256 seconds