dcsimg

4100 vs. GTS1031

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I think I’d rather carry it without a stand at all

hhmmm. Interesting as I am looking at getting the 8″ sliding miter saw and will put it on my GR that my axial glide is on (it will be permanently in the shop) and I was looking at the disconnects for the miters saws. It would be nice at times to have them not all as one unit. I never take the axial glide off as it is an absolute tank to move around, but the little guy should be easy.

I wonder if something similar could be done for the GTS table saw? A quick release method on top of a GR??

I spect a guy could pin it on there, Or perhaps even better those flip down clamps. I forgot what they’re called, but they’re used a lot on like drill presses to hold the material down

EDIT; Ok I looked em up, Toggle clamps Duh!! Here’s another one too that might even be better, And you could make yer own

The stand for the thing folds to nothing, is light to carry, and is stable as a tank

I dont see why someone would sacrifice most of the compact footprint and portability by putting it on a gravity rise.

Also, there is a good deal on at lowes (free shipping to quebec too) for the GTS1031 including the stand for 350 CAD…..

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I like the way it breaks down for portability, what is the weight of the GTS1031?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

I like the way it breaks down for portability, what is the weight of the GTS1031?

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/GudUtYPOCpo?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Whatever it is, its a relatively easy one-handed carry from the side handle. Maybe 50-60lbs….

Its a well-balanced weight

The GTS1031 is easy to move around. I’ve taken mine up 3 flights of stairs for the last 3 days with no problem.
    Oh and yes it will shave a RCH with no problem for those in the trades. See the van down there…. So glad I have the small sliding chop saw and small table saw.

I spilled water all over myself just now when I googled RCH.. lol

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

The stand for the thing folds to nothing, is light to carry, and is stable as a tank

I dont see why someone would sacrifice most of the compact footprint and portability by putting it on a gravity rise.

Also, there is a good deal on at lowes (free shipping to quebec too) for the GTS1031 including the stand for 350 CAD…..

Yep if I go with 1031 I’d get the folding stand with it, not GR. Pretty sure lowe’s is saw only, no stand, so that’s another $120 on top.

jzmtl
    Pro
    Montreal, QC

Oh shoot just realized something. The 4100 I saw in stores has imperial scale only, is either one available with combo imperial and metric markings?

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Yep if I go with 1031 I’d get the folding stand with it, not GR. Pretty sure lowe’s is saw only, no stand, so that’s another $120 on top.

Was in Hd the other day and they had the saw on clearance and the stand too. Think the saw was 329 stand 49 .
    Seems as though HD is phasing out on Bosch or expecting new models?

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

The 4100 is impressive. Smoothest jobsite table saw that I have used. The gravity rise stand is incredible.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

The only reason for the GR stand with the GTS is well, I’m getting old…

Sometimes it’s just nice to wheel it around instead of lifting it off an on.

Oh, and the split guard, anti kickback and miter gauge all suck on both machines. The riving knife is nice.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

Anonymous
    Inactive

Oh, and the split guard, anti kickback and miter gauge all suck on both machines. The riving knife is nice.

I had high hopes for the miter gauge, Then I had high hopes in tweakin it a bit to be better. Haven’t tried that yet but I have an idea

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe 50-60lbs….

No way it weighs 50 lbs.

I spilled water all over myself just now when I googled RCH.. lol

Well it is
    the smallest unit of measurement practically possible.

I’ll add the throat plate to that list, it’s too soft.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Oh, and the split guard, anti kickback and miter gauge all suck on both machines.

Would you happen to know if an Osborne EB3 would work on it? I have one that hasn’t been used in years. Ben thinking about getting one of those two saws.

I hear ya on that one.

Calidecks64
    Pro
    Anaheim Hills, Cali

I haven’t really needed my ts since I’ve been using the track saw. It sure is easier to run the saw c over a sheet then run a sheet through a saw.

No way it weighs 50 lbs

Looked it up on the Bosch site. 52lbs

http://www.boschtools.com/products/tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=GTS1031#specs

But its a well balanced 52lbs

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

No way it weighs 50 lbs

http://www.boschtools.com/products/tools/Pages/BoschProductDetail.aspx?pid=GTS1031#specs

ThanX for that Eric, That would beat carrying around than my Craftsman that isn’t portable but light and a PITA to move around.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

No way it weighs 50 lbs

No I really don’t think so.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

No way it weighs 50 lbs

No I really don’t think so.

Ok…. you figure its heavier or lighter than that?

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

I wonder if that’s shipping weight. On that video the dude pics it up with ease. He’s a big guy but 50+ lbs is still pretty heavy to make it look easy.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I had high hopes for the miter gauge, Then I had high hopes in tweakin it a bit to be better. Haven’t tried that yet but I have an idea

While it does give you the ability to adjust the miter and set a positive stop to come back to that precise angle…it lays seems to loosen itself! I’ve been using my Kreg miter gauge over the stock version…too bad I can’t store the Kreg on the saw!

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 113 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.543 seconds