dcsimg

4100 saw not moving

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Has anyone else ever had problems with the 4100 table saw jambing up and not wanting to crank up and down we have 2 and they both seem to do this. One got so bad that we had to take it in to repair it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Building contractor and I were talking table saws on the job just today. I had asked him how he liked his 4100, and that was the exact same issue he mentioned having. Gives him trouble all the time, and told me to avoid it. He rocks pretty much all Bosch, for corded stuff.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Besides that I really like the saw. It seems like the saw dust gums it up but I have a vacuum hooked up to it at all times. But today there was no saw dust and it didn’t really want to move.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Turn it over and blast the gears with compressed air…that all it takes to free it up.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

and told me to avoid it.

That’s a load of BS…the 4100 is a great saw aside from the dusty mess it makes.

Jon P.
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Blasted it with plenty of compressed air and nothing looks stripped out. It just refuses to move.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Has anyone else ever had problems with the 4100 table saw jambing up and not wanting to crank up and down we have 2 and they both seem to do this. One got so bad that we had to take it in to repair it.

I dont think its just a problem from a Bosch 4100. It can happen with every saw out there which gears are exposed.
    Even my PCB270TS in the shop does that once in a while.
    It happens when I sometimes don’t use the dust collector / shop vac when running the saw and the dust builds up on the gears.
    Like Jon said, just blow it out.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I have not experienced this with the Bosch yet. We are currently having this issue with a very old Dewalt. I think I may have to take it apart a bit, clean it out, lube, it up, etc.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I figured it can happen to pretty much any table saw and I know how to fix it I just wanted to know if the 4100 is more prone than other saws. It would be nice if there was some kind of rubber acordian boot or something like that protecting the slides and spindle.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I had that problem with a brand new saw ,( not Bosch ) and all I did was lube everything up and it moved smooth as butter afterwards.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

One got so bad that we had to take it in to repair it.

So what was wrong with it then?

Jon P.
    Instagram

and told me to avoid it.

That’s a load of BS…the 4100 is a great saw aside from the dusty mess it makes.

I sure love mine. Pretty new, but no issues so far

I always have a vacuum on mine and I did modifications to help reduce under table dust. Cranks up and down fine for me, maybe its the sawdust buildup. I found that the grease from the factory would allow dust to fuzz up the screw and the rods.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Couldn’t get it to budge even after cleaning out all the sawdust greasing it and partially taking it apart.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Couldn’t get it to budge even after cleaning out all the sawdust greasing it and partially taking it apart.

Are you saying that the repair shop couldn’t get it working either?

Jon P.
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

No the repair shop fixed it

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

No the repair shop fixed it

So what was the issue? That’s what I was asking up above!

Jon P.
    Instagram

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

@jponto07 sorry if I wasn’t clear the table saw just always has a hard time going up and down. I can usually fix it. Just once in the past I couldn’t fix it and we had to send it in. I think then something was stripped out. I just brought this up because yesterday the saw jammed up again. It’s fine now I let dome pb blaster sit on it over night and that did the trick. It just seems like these saws jamb up more than they should. I just was wanting to know if it was more common with the 4100 than other table saws.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

. It just seems like these saws jamb up more than they should. I just was wanting to know if it was more common with the 4100 than other table saws.

My Dewalt 745 used to get gummed up, but never to the point that wouldn’t move. As for the Bosch, the culprit is the poor dust collection. Many members have modified their saws to help with the dust. If I had to guess, I’d say that those guys aren’t experiencing the sticking gears issues anymore.

Jon P.
    Instagram

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

It sounds like it was gummed up and someone forced it and stripped the gears. Are you cutting a lot of pine? Maybe the sap is collecting more than a hardwood?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.409 seconds