dcsimg

4100 and Rousseau table saw stand or diy stand or ?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Kamster
    Pro

Has anyone bought and used the Rousseau table with the 4100?

I’m OK with the fence on the 4100 but it could be a lot better. Read some user comments about the Rousseau table and its much better fence system. Interested but its not cheap since there isn’t a dealer in Canada presently

Watched the Youtube video of the Incra LS-TS system being installed on the Bosch PTS10. (I’m not sure if this is correct but the PTS series is a step down from the 4000/4100 series saws). Looked great but its an expensive system.

Has anyone taken their 41000 off the gravity stand and built a rolling stand that used an after-market rail and fence?

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

the Bosch PTS10 is from Bosch’s Green Line (Europe). So more for the Homeowner, DIY person who doesn’t use their tools so often.
    Blue line is for Professionals like everyone already knows 😀

but im pretty sure its a good saw but nothing compare to the 4100 😛

Im looking for a better fence system too; for my PorterCable PCB270TS.
    Incra is really pricy and even other brands are in the same range

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Maybe you should upgrade to a Bosch table saw, that thing is a POS. JMHO. But then with as much as you use it it could meat your needs.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Maybe you should upgrade to a Bosch table saw, that thing is a POS. JMHO. But then with as much as you use it it could meat your needs.

Well how you wanna know how often i use my table saw?

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Well how you wanna know how often i use my table saw?

No not really, what is it you do for a living???

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Looking at their website, I don’t think the stand looks sturdy enough. It could be but just looks flimsy.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Looking at their website, I don’t think the stand looks sturdy enough. It could be but just looks flimsy.

It does look a little tippy. Don’t think I would want to rip sheets of 3/4 ply with it.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I agree. I’m not sure why someone would remove their gravity rise stand in favor of this thing. The wheeled stand is just Too convenient, IMO. Also, the Rousseau stand doesn’t look like it would allow the Bosch out feed support to be attached.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

dealer in Canada presently

There is actually.

http://www.gentmantel.com/contact_us.html

I played with the router table (liked the folding legs idea) and the version for the GTS1031. They seemed flimsy for the price, but I liked that you could add other parts, like a rear extension table, or a router insert.

Not for me, not when the Gravity rise is better for my needs. Might work for a big job where you need a cabinet style setup while being portable.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

There is actually.

I played with the router table (liked the folding legs idea) and the version for the GTS1031. They seemed flimsy for the price, but I liked that you could add other parts, like a rear extension table, or a router insert.

Not for me, not when the Gravity rise is better for my needs. Might work for a big job where you need a cabinet style setup while being portable.

maybe in the future they will add that feature into the gravity stand, make it more versatile. I mean everyone else is doing it, making it all in one saws.

thedude306
    Foam Lake, SK

Haven’t done the different stand but I did look at the Rousseau table and it’s just to big, and complicated for what it is. A portable table set up for a portable saw.

If it’s just the fence you are after I think the incra is the way to go. It’s expensive, but it’s really nice.

If you are looking for a more permanent home for the TS and want a bigger out feed, I always thought the baby bosch built into a Paulk bench would be the way to go.

Brad T
    Self employed Pro since 2014!!

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Vega Fence System looks solid too.
    My current table saw is pretty heavy so im thinking about building a mobile wooden base with heavy duty casters. 4″ dust port, couple shelves for storage and a nice router table in the wing with a large dust port as well

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Kamster
    Pro

There is actually.

Thanks for the link to the Canadian dealer. That store has an impressive number of high end manufacturers like Japan Woodworker. Wish they listed prices though. Is there a way to get pricing without having to phone them?

The extra extension + router tables are a bonus with the Rousseau table. I’m still wondering how much better the Rousseau rail and fence system are. Appears from the reviews that there are a lot of happy users

Kamster
    Pro

Haven’t done the different stand but I did look at the Rousseau table and it’s just to big, and complicated for what it is. A portable table set up for a portable saw.

If it’s just the fence you are after I think the incra is the way to go. It’s expensive, but it’s really nice.

If you are looking for a more permanent home for the TS and want a bigger out feed, I always thought the baby bosch built into a Paulk bench would be the way to go.

I’ve looked long and hard at the Paulk table set up and the different design variations from various people.

With the Incra system running $400-$500 US, it is more cost effective to buy a new hybrid or contractor saw.

Kamster
    Pro

Vega Fence System looks solid too.
    My current table saw is pretty heavy so im thinking about building a mobile wooden base with heavy duty casters. 4″ dust port, couple shelves for storage and a nice router table in the wing with a large dust port as well

The Vega system looks good. General and King Canada both have rail and fence systems available for use on a mobile base like you were thinking about. At $250 Canadian for a 30 inch Biesemeyer style rail and fence system, this may be another option to look at

There is actually.

Thanks for the link to the Canadian dealer. That store has an impressive number of high end manufacturers like Japan Woodworker. Wish they listed prices though. Is there a way to get pricing without having to phone them?

The extra extension + router tables are a bonus with the Rousseau table. I’m still wondering how much better the Rousseau rail and fence system are. Appears from the reviews that there are a lot of happy users

They have a lot of stuff, but the store itself is depressing. Almost everything is in boxes behind a counter, clutter everywhere, and a layer of dust and filth that makes no sense considering they don’t do any test cutting in the store

Service is just as bad, where they can ignore you for an hour while they chat about the weather with a regular

But, I use them to sharpen my blades, and they do very good work. I still never look forward to going there.Its like going to the DMV, you do it when you have to and get it over with

The few big tools out front look great, but I am never inclined to give them my money given the overall vibe of apathy in the place

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.621 seconds