dcsimg

4 bay Bosch charger

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I came across a patent that was filed last month for a multi bay charger. Hopefully we see it soon

Attachments:
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I came across a patent that was filed last month for a multi bay charger. Hopefully we see it soon

Hopefully, it would be nice. I am hoping it is a parallel and not a series charger, in that it can charge all of the batteries at once.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Hopefully, it would be nice. I am hoping it is a parallel and not a series charger, in that it can charge all of the batteries at once.

A 4 bay parallel charger would be nice.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It says on it “filed on Jul 29, 2016

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I saw a 4 bay Milwaukee charger a few days ago at the Depot. I have too many chargers as it is.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

nice find austin. looks like you hang around there a lot haha
    seen a few of your discoveries lately 😛

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Doobie

Steve @dadgineer was asking about what folks would prefer if I’m not mistaken not that long ago.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

parallel will be much higher in price than series charger.
    either way, what they will decide…I’m cool with it.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Right now Milwaukee is selling and shipping in their tool kits a 2 bay 18V parallel charger, will charge both batteries at once.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Wonder why such a difference in time 7/29/16 till 2/1/18? Surely it doesn’t take that long to get a patent?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Steve @dadgineer was asking about what folks would prefer if I’m not mistaken not that long ago.

Pure coincidence, I assure you. In no way would Bosch send me out to the internet for user feedback for a new product. I was asking for my own curiosity, nothing else. I have zero input or say on charger development.

Dadgineer
    Project Leader - Bosch Power Tools North America

Wonder why such a difference in time 7/29/16 till 2/1/18? Surely it doesn’t take that long to get a patent?

Don’t even get me started. Patents can take years and years. I have had some take 5 years, maybe more. Our US patent office is broken, completely broken. I have patents that lingered and lingered. I seriously could rant on this subject for an entire page, but this is a construction forum, so I will shut up now.

Dadgineer

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

it would definitly come in handy for those of us running multiple batteries.. more so with core batteries..

i know the milwaukee multi bay is sequential

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Don’t even get me started. Patents can take years and years. I have had some take 5 years, maybe more. Our US patent office is broken, completely broken. I have patents that lingered and lingered. I seriously could rant on this subject for an entire page, but this is a construction forum, so I will shut up now.

exactly what I thought as well. glad you confirmed it haha

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Will that 4 bayer charge all at the same or one after the other?

Wow, I really should pay attention. I just now looked at the patent and that is my co-worker who I have lunch with everyday.

That being said, I still have no clue because he passed along the idea to the powers that be.

Dadgineer

Doobie

Pure coincidence, I assure you. In no way would Bosch send me out to the internet for user feedback for a new product. I was asking for my own curiosity, nothing else. I have zero input or say on charger development.

I got the wrong recollection then. My apologies Steve. You’re right Steve, ‘my bad’ in saying it that way.

I found where you mentioned it.

@doobie & @boschmanbrian and whoever else feels like chiming in….

I am curious about the multibay charger concept…

So, the idea has been around for years and I am curious.

Basically you are going to have two concepts, a multi charger that charges all of the batteries at the same time or one that charges batteries one at a time.

For the all at the same the time concept, you are basically taking the guts of existing chargers and sticking them into a bigger housing with one power cord. So essentially the cost would be similar to buying multiple chargers. Then there is the one at a time charger, where you have a central charging brain that performs the charging, and then a bunch of little circuits that checks each battery to see if it needs charging. It would only charge one battery at a time. This would be less expensive than an all at once solution as the guts are similar to just one charger.

So my question is, which do you prefer and why? I see advantages to both.

No, I am not developing a new charger, it is time for you all to teach me. I am always looking to learn more, so let me have it.

Thanks.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/v8today-i-used-my-bosch/page/13/#post-653066

Woho, nice find Austin. ,
    Looking at the schematics and abstract dwg, I think it’s going to be sequential charging

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

I would be all over that in a heart beat. On my framing jobs where there is only a single outlet for the entire job i tend to have chargers plugged into 2-3 different houses. PITA to keep track of. It would be great to have them all in one spot, using only 1 outlet without the need for spliters and a spiders web of cords.

rerun_1965
    Pro
    holladay, TN

RIDGID has a GEN5X Dual Port Sequential Charger with Dual USB Ports it looks to be nice im thinking of buying one

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.503 seconds