dcsimg

3D printing

Tagged: 

This topic contains 103 replies, has 29 voices, and was last updated by  kswiss 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 104 total)
  • Author

So how big are the 3D printers that can make a car?

Pretty massive, at least a little bit bigger than the car for sure.

How you making out with your 3D build . I know you used one printer to build another printer right . Or you’ve been busy with work .

Always willing to learn .

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Man I’ve been insanely busy lately. I’m working 6 days a week now so it’s hard to find time for 3d printing. I’m in the middle of building one though, I’ll post some pics here in a bit.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Here’s the one that I’m working on now.

View post on imgur.com

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Man I’ve been insanely busy lately. I’m working 6 days a week now so it’s hard to find time for 3d printing. I’m in the middle of building one though, I’ll post some pics here in a bit.

Looks like a great build. Is this number 3?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Looks like a great build. Is this number 3?

The blue one that I’m building is actually for the makerspace that I go to. They own all of the motors and electronics and I printed all of the parts for the framework. Eventually when it’s finished it will be pretty much open for public use. The black extruded aluminum parts are for the big badass 3d printer that I’m building for myself.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Oh that’s nice that they have available printers for the members to use. Hopefully they will have some larger ones for the larger parts. Do they have a scanner?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

No they don’t have a scanner, but the big library here does

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

@kswiss

I NEED THIS!!!!

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

That’s awesome, I need more 3d printers so I can make stuff like this without it taking weeks at a time

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I NEED THIS!!!!

That is so cool. Hope you make one.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

That’s awesome, I need more 3d printers so I can make stuff like this without it taking weeks at a time

We need to find the print package for this, I want one for sure, imagine using this as the office.
    Let me know when you have any free time for a print of this magnitude.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

We need to find the print package for this, I want one for sure, imagine using this as the office.
    Let me know when you have any free time for a print of this magnitude.

K I’ll let you know, most likely it will be when I get my second printer up and running. I was doing a bit of printing today, making some vslot plates.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I’ve found it and will pm you with the info, anyways i am assuming with the first 3d printer you have worked out all the bugs and what not and it runs perfectly? How do you see this helping you in the future, will it be able to print production quality parts for the plumbing you do?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’ve found it and will pm you with the info, anyways i am assuming with the first 3d printer you have worked out all the bugs and what not and it runs perfectly? How do you see this helping you in the future, will it be able to print production quality parts for the plumbing you do?

I won’t be able to print plumbing fittings because everything you use has to be csa approved. Right now I’m pretty much just using it to make 3d printer parts. Once I get the new one going I’m hoping to get into making some drone parts and selling them online.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I won’t be able to print plumbing fittings because everything you use has to be csa approved. Right now I’m pretty much just using it to make 3d printer parts. Once I get the new one going I’m hoping to get into making some drone parts and selling them online.

That make sense with the CSA approvals, I wonder if in the future they will allow certain 3d printers plus certain files to have CSA approvals so that you can print exactly what you need in the field?

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I don’t know, I’m thinking it would be pretty hard to regulate. I’d like to see it happen though. I think the technology still has to improve to be able to get everything consistent enough to work. I have my printer dialed in pretty well, and it’s still hard for me to get consistent prints.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Once I get the new one going I’m hoping to get into making some drone parts and selling them online.

That would be a good deal. The Arcus would be a big seller I’m sure.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Once I get the new one going I’m hoping to get into making some drone parts and selling them online.

That would be a good deal. The Arcus would be a big seller I’m sure.

not sure if he could sell the arcus, might be a copy righted design but if he designed drone parts, guaranteed he could see them. I can see most of all gimbal parts.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Can’t wait until I’m done working away from home. I want to get back into working on my 3d printer build project.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 104 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.651 seconds