dcsimg

3D Printers

Viewing 17 posts - 281 through 297 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’ve been using a hako soldering iron it has a digital readout I just usually stick to 650 for temperature. I’ve 3d printed a bunch of accessories to help me manage things a bit better. I always shrink wrap everything I can’t risk any shorts.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’m working on my printers today actually

is that your basement or garage? looks very organized in there 😀

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’ve been using a hako soldering iron it has a digital readout I just usually stick to 650 for temperature. I’ve 3d printed a bunch of accessories to help me manage things a bit better. I always shrink wrap everything I can’t risk any shorts.

Nice, I’ve been thinking to upgrade to a Hako station as my old Weller WES51 has lost heat control. I’ve had to resort to using an old plain jane iron.

I really like that vice you made.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m working on my printers today actually

is that your basement or garage? looks very organized in there 😀

Haha I wish, this is at the local makerspace where I do most of my work on this stuff. I have limited room at my place and they have all the tools and materials I need available.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’ve 3d printed a bunch of accessories t

Kyle did you print that small vice in your photo? If so very nice.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I did, and it actually works very well

Whipped up in CAD and then 3D printed this bit clip for my Dewalt impact driver tonight. I often find myself using the impact driver for countersinking after I drill but then the screwdriver bit runs away… no longer!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I did, and it actually works very well

Whipped up in CAD and then 3D printed this bit clip for my Dewalt impact driver tonight. I

Those are both very nice projects guys. Kyle that vice is nice. Robotmaster always handy to have a bit holder. Kyle where did you find the pattern for the vice?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

You can find the files for the machine vice here http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2064269

We use 3D printers at work. They are amazing although it takes some time to make something. The ones I have experience with are great if you are making some sort of a jig but if your making something that moves or a tool we have had limited success. I believe the ones we have are probably a little older right now and entry level. I hope this helps.

Mark

Whipped up in CAD and then 3D printed this bit clip for my Dewalt impact driver tonight. I often find myself using the impact driver for countersinking after I drill but then the screwdriver bit runs away… no longer!

Very nice. Great job.

@kswiss
    wow Kyle super work and projects you have been making.

Have you thought about making a 5/8 to 1/4 adapter for Alex madman_us Bosch floodlight to mount on the tripod?
    I’m sure you can do that easily. Probably cost 50 cents and about 25 dollars for shipping lol

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Lol that’s the problem, everything is really cheap to make but the cost of shipping is insane. Unless you can stick it in a small envelope your looking at like $10 minimum for shipping costs.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@robotmaster5379.
    Neat clip to hold bits.
    How did you mount the clip? is it glued on or double sided tape?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Ya I was also wondering how it’s mounted, it looks like a good fit. Was that printed in PLA?

@robotmaster5379.
    Neat clip to hold bits.

Must be with the small threaded holes that the majority of drills / impacts have for the original belt clips I would guess

@robotmaster5379.
    Neat clip to hold bits.

There is a M3 screw hole in the body of the driver. I measured the area with calipers to design it to fit around the rubber boss, with a M3 counter sunk screw.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

how do you like your hako? i got mine late last year and i think its a great little soldering set up that will probably last me a life time.

Viewing 17 posts - 281 through 297 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.646 seconds