dcsimg

3D Printers

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 297 total)
  • Author
    r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I know some of you have started to use 3D printing, can you tell us more about your experience with them? I also just found out Homedepot Canada sells 3D printers wow

http://www.homedepot.ca/catalog/3d-printers-and-accessories/183501

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

There has been some discussion on them in the past. Mattryyc did a little with his.
    http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/l-boxx-clips-on-3d-printer/

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I am doing good to keep my regular printer going! I have no clues on 3 d printing. I’m thinking it would be expensive?
    It costs me about $40.00 every time my ink runs out. What does it cost for the 3D?

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I am doing good to keep my regular printer going! I have no clues on 3 d printing. I’m thinking it would be expensive?
    It costs me about $40.00 every time my ink runs out. What does it cost for the 3D?

They use a big roll of what looks like weed eater string. It’s cylindrical and comes in a bunch of colors ( just like weed eater string…) no idea if it’s the same or not, but it sure appears to be.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I know some of you have started to use 3D printing, can you tell us more about your experience with them? I also just found out Homedepot Canada sells 3D printers wow

http://www.homedepot.ca/catalog/3d-printers-and-accessories/183501

Home Depot is carrying the Dremel printer. Nice. This technology will continue to improve and get less expensive. I am really looking forward to it.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

svensshutters
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I really like the idea of a 3D printer, but to be honest, I don’t think I much of a need for one right now. Maybe some day.

Doobie

I really like the idea of a 3D printer, but to be honest, I don’t think I much of a need for one right now. Maybe some day.

Same here. I brought this up a couple of years ago on a woodworking forum asking members what they thought it could be useful for in a shop. Best answer was for mock ups or projects, but even that I don’t see being used for very often.

3 D printers amaze me on really what they can do . Technically printers have come so far .

Always willing to learn .

Doobie

3 D printers amaze me on really what they can do . Technically printers have come so far .

We’re on the verge of Star Trek stuff.

Jummul
    Pro

My company experiments with them. They’re already making 3D-printed screwdrivers that’ll be used on magnetic field heavy machines.

I like the advances with the 3D printers but the resolution is still low. I’m hoping the powder type 3D printers advance more to make more structurally sound prints. I’m sure things will get way better in the near future but I’ll wait til then before jumping in.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I like the idea of 3D printing, Matt made some Lbox clips that were really cool. I’d love to have one but just don’t have enough use for it for the price……Gee, It’d be cool if a 3D printer could print up a 3D printer *lightbulb* 🙂

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

I like the idea of 3D printing, Matt made some Lbox clips that were really cool. I’d love to have one but just don’t have enough use for it for the price……Gee, It’d be cool if a 3D printer could print up a 3D printer *lightbulb* :)

Actually the reprap can print itself but you have to buy all the motors.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

Apparently 3d printers are not all that hard to make. there are a few YouTube videos out there if anyone is crafty enough to give it a go.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just what the world needs, more plastic.

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

I was reading on a hummer forum about using a 3d printer to print a replica button for the shifter. They have a tendency to fall of and to replace them is expensive. There is a library here that I have heard they have a 3d printer for public use although I have never looked into it.

For those of you familiar with the movie Weird Science – I can see a remake with the boys using a 3D printer to make their creation. 🙂

For those of you familiar with the movie Weird Science – I can see a remake with the boys using a 3D printer to make their creation. :)

Hopefully it doesn’t turn out like Ex Machina.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Just what the world needs, more plastic.

There are a few sintering type metal printers. shapeways even allows for metal printing but obviously a higher cost.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

There is a library here that I have heard they have a 3d printer for public use although I have never looked into it.

Wow a library with a 3D printer what a neat idea. I hope that catches on.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 297 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.574 seconds