dcsimg

2100 SF Ranch

Tagged: 

This topic contains 34 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  kurt@welkerhomes.com 5 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

We are getting close to finishing this project and I will try to post additional photo’e soon. I I did find this “This Old House ” clip on a trip to the factory that makes the precast panels we used. It starts about the 7:00 Minute mark.

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/net-zero-ground-jamestown-net-zero-house#.W8f4WdX55rs.email

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

We are getting close to finishing this project and I will try to post additional photo’e soon. I I did find this “This Old House ” clip on a trip to the factory that makes the precast panels we used. It starts about the 7:00 Minute mark.

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/watch/net-zero-ground-jamestown-net-zero-house#.W8f4WdX55rs.email

Thanks Kurt , that was pretty interesting ,
    Looks like a great system very heavy also

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It has been a while since i posted on this thread. we wrapped up the house a month or so ago with the exception of the deck that they guys are working on now.

Here is a photo of the exterior.

Attachments:

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

It has been a while since i posted on this thread. we wrapped up the house a month or so ago with the exception of the deck that they guys are working on now.

Looks like a beautiful place , would love to see the inside pictures if possible. I forget what size lot is that the home is on.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I will have to download the interior photos, the lot is about a 1/2 acre and backs up to a pond.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

we wrapped up the house a month or so ago with the exception of the deck that they guys are working on now.

That turned out really nice Kurt.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I will have to download the interior photos, the lot is about a 1/2 acre and backs up to a pond.

Sounds like a great spot , and a nice size lot.
    I like the look of the house.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It came out very nice,, It will look better in 5 years when some trees grow in. It looks bare.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It came out very nice,, It will look better in 5 years when some trees grow in. It looks bare.

yes, It is on a new lot that was developed about a year ago. before that it was an alfalfa field. The lot sat real low so we hauled in about 4000 CY of fill to get it to where it needed to be to build on it and get everything backfilled once build. They had 3 trees brought in with a tree spade and will do landscaping in the spring. My guess is they will bring in more trees in the spring also.

CB
    Pro

4000CY fill… in a 100 year flood plain… how deep did you have to drill piers?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

4000CY fill… in a 100 year flood plain… how deep did you have to drill piers?

The entire site sits just above the 100 year flood line but within a couple feet. The kicker is that the street in front is 10 feet above the back elevation of the lot and then the banks along the street fell off quick. The house is a walkout and the basement floor is 6+ feet above the 100 year

We took out a foot and a half of topsoil and brought in 400 Cy of sand to put on the soil below as water would seep into the excavation when the topsoil was removed. Another 1000 Cy of clay to get to the subgrade for the basement floor and another 800 CY to build up the subgrade for the garage. Everything was compacted in place and monitored by a soils engineering & testing firm. The rest we hauled in to backfill the foundation and to get the grades to blend into the adjacent lots without having a cliff at the property line. Then about 20+ loads of topsoil at the end. We did have to go 6′ – 8′ for our deck footings to get below the topsoil.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Wow that’s a lot of Cubic yards you moved in there. I hope it’s high enough. They often build on piers here if in a low area.

Dirty

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Wow that’s a lot of Cubic yards you moved in there. I hope it’s high enough. They often build on piers here if in a low area.

It actually worked out pretty good, we had all the full we needed on a development we own about two blocks away and we needed to get rid of it so we were able to kill two birds with one stone

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It actually worked out pretty good, we had all the full we needed on a development we own about two blocks away and we needed to get rid of it so we were able to kill two birds with one stone

Oh that’s great you didn’t have to buy it then.. Be careful with the birds,,, peta is watching…..

Dirty

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Oh that’s great you didn’t have to buy it then.. Be careful with the birds,,, peta is watching…..

I am all for people eating tasty animals. I did not climb my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegetables.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.557 seconds