dcsimg

2020 New Milwaukee Tools

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • Author

Another order of Milwaukee tools for the plumbers , they are really getting into the system ,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Another order of Milwaukee tools for the plumbers , they are really getting into the system ,

You have to hand it to Milwaukee they have a wide variety of tools. Seems like all year long they are releasing new tools for plumbers, carpenters, and mechanics. Just saw a YouTube video on their latest 18V Impact Wrench, powerful and very compact almost a 12V size.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You have to hand it to Milwaukee they have a wide variety of tools. Seems like all year long they are releasing new tools for plumbers, carpenters, and mechanics. Just saw a YouTube video on their latest 18V Impact Wrench, powerful and very compact almost a 12V size.

Yeah you are right , they make some decent quality tools , and your right about being fast enough for releasing them , I think that’s why they are gaining so much of the market , I know that our plumbing and electrical department , both are on the platform , now the maintenance department , and even us on the production line are into the platform , the big bin that looks like a shredding machine is the new cordless drain auger , my friend said he can’t wait to try it out.
    I know my friend Martin in the building maintenance said he pretty much just uses the cordless miter saw from now on lol

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Milwaukee is making a lot of trade specific tools, just in plumbing have copper cutting, PRO-PRESS, PRO-PEX, SHORT THROW and LONG THROW PRESS tools with all kinds of jaws, snake tools, camera scoping tools, shears and other stuff including hand tools like pipe wrenches, pipe cutters etc… very impressive.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I think that’s why they are gaining so much of the market

Yep when you release tools no one else has but people see and go wow I can sure use that, they end up getting on the platform.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hangman
    Pro

Milwaukee has always been a plumbers tool company. Many plumbing supply companies only carry their tools exclusively. The head of marketing resurrected some other brand previously I forget which. He’s gone much further with Milwaukee including R&D for hand tools, and other innovations.

Now I love all my Milwaukee tools, though I think Bosch generally makes better tools. Certainly the Core battery system is the best by far. They aren’t interested in turning out a new version every year with slight innovations.

The master has failed more times than the disciple has ever tried.

Over 25 years experience from NYC

https://www.instagram.com/gothichangman/

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Another issue with Bosch is I don’t think the North American market is a big priority for them as there are tools they put out elsewhere taking years to appear in NA and by the time it appears it’s already 3 years behind others.

Hangman
    Pro

Said that exactly many times, NA is only 17% of Bosch’s World Wide tool market. Personally I’ve ordered many of their tools shipped from Asia or Europe. While I’d prefer the warranty, I have had few issues over more than a decade. Outside of a couple of batteries and chargers my only problem was my heated Jacket. Even though it was near 3 years old Bosch replaced it with a new one, they have great customer service.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Another issue with Bosch is I don’t think the North American market is a big priority for them as there are tools they put out elsewhere taking years to appear in NA and by the time it appears it’s already 3 years behind others.

That’s a big problem. We get Europe’s tools a year after the tool is released in Europe, and while NA gets that, Europe is getting the improved version. Look I like Bosch Tools I really do but you buy them because you want a high quality long lasting tool.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hangman
    Pro

Bosch tools real do last, my corded jigsaw is 16 years old and still works like the day I got it. My oldest Bosch cordless 12V impact is 10 years old now. It still works perfectly ad even the set 1.5ah batteries that came with it still hold their charge. Do believe I killed the charger that came with the kit, Bosch did send me a replacement.

That being said I’ve killed a Milwaukee 18V battery and a Bosch too…they no longer hold charges.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch tools really do last,

I agree which is a big selling point. Bosch may not have the latest tool, if you want a high quality powerful tool, you can’t wrong choosing Bosch.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hangman
    Pro

Bosch’s motto is “Invented for Life” they hold up well. All my Milwaukee tools seem robust as well. Also have no complaints with Ridgid they all seem well made to, and the warranty is amazing. Sold all my DeWalt stuff and for a profit, just don’t find them useful.

Milwaukee has always been a plumbers tool company. Many plumbing supply companies only carry their tools exclusively. The head of marketing resurrected some other brand previously I forget which. He’s gone much further with Milwaukee including R&D for hand tools, and other innovations.

Now I love all my Milwaukee tools, though I think Bosch generally makes better tools. Certainly the Core battery system is the best by far. They aren’t interested in turning out a new version every year with slight innovations.

Yup handsome down , I also think and have said it before , Bosch have always made good quality tools , and great batteries
    But for putting out in the Market , they definitely are not number 1

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Sold all my DeWalt stuff and for a profit, just don’t find them useful.

It has a been a while since I have bought a DeWalt tool. I started in the 90s with DeWalt cordless tools, this site changed me over to Bosch. To fill in the holes I go to either Milwaukee or Makita.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

What do you guys think of the Milwaukee M18 battery inverter?

Yes it can be used to charge phones, laptops, etc…

I wonder, if I need to go down to the dock and the nearest receptacle is 50′ away, and I need to use my Bosch SDS corded rotary hammer, instead of taking a 50′ long hose, uncoiling and stretching it out and back…can I use my 6ah M18 battery with this inverter to power my corded Bosch SDS hammer to break up some concrete?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What do you guys think of the Milwaukee M18 battery inverter?

I saw a review on this thing and the reviewer liked it. It is not cheap around $100. It will not power tools (they tried to power a circular saw with it and no go) but for charging phones and laptops and running a coffee maker it did just great. If you are on a site with no power, no generator you need a way to keep the laptop and cell phone topped up. Very few laptops or cell phones can go all day with a charge once they get a bit of age in the. Once again Milwaukee has a good idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hangman
    Pro

Top Off looks interesting I seen something about it months back in a promotional email. Have various USB adapters for Milwaukee, Bosch, and Ridgid to power cellphones and tablets. Guess this would be handy to power a coffee maker with that plug? Dewalt made a proper power inverter which I was able to use with a miter saw and dust extractor. Ended up selling it on eBay because I don’t use that platform with any other tools.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Milwaukee M18 PACKOUT light / Charger 2357-20 Review

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Clev08
    Pro

Milwaukee M18 PACKOUT light / Charger 2357-20 Review

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>

<iframe title=”Milwaukee M18 PACKOUT light / Charger 2357-20 Review” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/FACH44liiJc?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” name=”fitvid0″></iframe>

</figure>

When the packout light came out I thought it was a little gimmicky and I didn’t see the value for the price, at least not for me. But, I have heard really good things about it, it’s really bright, can replace a stand light if you put it on top of your stack, and it can charge your devices.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

But, I have heard really good things about it, it’s really bright, can replace a stand light if you put it on top of your stack, and it can charge your devices.

For a guy that has to bring everything to the job site, this makes for one less trip. I think it is a good idea.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 149 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.420 seconds