dcsimg

2018 New Milwaukee Tools

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 426 total)
  • Author
    madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Perhaps a good idea would be to release the Pro Core batteries in NA.

That would probably help for sure.

Yes, are they using the newer cells or the same ones in the core, I believe that the Milwaukee ones are the newest ones 21700 and I think the core is the 20700? I forgot.

You’re right, Brian, the Core uses 20700 cells and the ProCore uses the newer 21700. I believe the Milwaukee uses the 21700, too. Sure would be nice to see the newer batteries here.

Some of that info is not quite accurate Peter @smallerstick 😛
    Only in europe they are called ProCore and their are still quite some differences.
    the ProCore 7.0ah still has the 20700. Literally a beefed up CORE18V 6.3ah battery. We won’t see the 7.0ah battery in NA.
    The ProCore 4ah, 8ah, and 12ah will use the 21700 cells. as far as I know Bosch NA will use “CORE” instead of ProCore.
    The Milwaukee 12ah uses 21700.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

Perhaps a good idea would be to release the Pro Core batteries in NA.

That would probably help for sure.

Yes, are they using the newer cells or the same ones in the core, I believe that the Milwaukee ones are the newest ones 21700 and I think the core is the 20700? I forgot.

You’re right, Brian, the Core uses 20700 cells and the ProCore uses the newer 21700. I believe the Milwaukee uses the 21700, too. Sure would be nice to see the newer batteries here.

Some of that info is not quite accurate Peter @smallerstick 😛
    Only in europe they are called ProCore and their are still quite some differences.
    the ProCore 7.0ah still has the 20700. Literally a beefed up CORE18V 6.3ah battery. We won’t see the 7.0ah battery in NA.
    The ProCore 4ah, 8ah, and 12ah will use the 21700 cells. as far as I know Bosch NA will use “CORE” instead of ProCore.
    The Milwaukee 12ah uses 21700.

It’s amazing how much more nimble Milwaukee as a company is than a company like Bosch. Actually Bosch is a little quicker than Hilti for keeping up with innovation in power tools but in this region Hilti has been what you see on commercial construction sites. I’m seeing in the past few years that Milwaukee is what trades are switching over to, in general. I never see any Bosch except mine. When I do work in high rises the concierge almost always compliments my Bosch gear if they’re from the east coast. Massive construction companies still use Hilti in this region for the Hilti on site service and for Hilti’s fleet management program. Otherwise, why not go Milwaukee? Would there be a reason not to do so? I prefer Bosch’s design aesthetics and ergonomics in general but I’m not convinced that Bosch is on any bleeding edge of anything in the U.S. Makita and Milwaukee seem to have the cutting edge tech in my opinion. This is frustrating for me since Bosch is so large and has the resources to crush it because they’re actually a tech company overall. It seems like a choice that they don’t. The bigger they are…

j

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

This is frustrating for me since Bosch is so large and has the resources to crush it because they’re actually a tech company overall. It seems like a choice that they don’t.

The fact is that tools are a very small percentage of what Bosch does. Bosch does not seen to care to be on the bleeding edge or they could be.

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

This is frustrating for me since Bosch is so large and has the resources to crush it because they’re actually a tech company overall. It seems like a choice that they don’t.

The fact is that tools are a very small percentage of what Bosch does. Bosch does not seen to care to be on the bleeding edge or they could be.

Yep, I agree on the power tools aspect. Otherwise they’re definitely bleeding edge.
    I also like Robert Bosch’s philosophical perspective and how he was an outspoken pacifist who supported helping people in a place and recent time we can’t forget.
    https://www.bosch.us/our-company/bosch-group-worldwide/

j

Clev08
    Pro

Just saw n an email that some of the new Milwaukee tools are ready for preorder and are scheduled to ship on July 1st.

Just saw n an email that some of the new Milwaukee tools are ready for preorder and are scheduled to ship on July 1st.

Wow, that’s fast and furious,
    I really like the table saw, I am trying to find out how much I can get it for in Canada,

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Hemmings muscle machines Bosch should take a lesson here. The show was two weeks ago, now Milwaukee is taking preorders and shipping in July. Gotta get the tools in the hands of the users while the buzz is hot.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I’ve seen the prices for some bare tools and kits and I gotta say they are not shocking at all. kinda of tempting haha.
    Maybe they will have some sort of promo too

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Clev08
    Pro

I’ve seen the prices for some bare tools and kits and I gotta say they are not shocking at all. kinda of tempting haha.
    Maybe they will have some sort of promo too

I’m sure once the first wave of customers itching to buy the new tools passes they will start running deals that add an additional tool or battery to a kit, but probably not for a little while. Personally I will be waiting for the deals.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good article listing all the new for 2018 Milwaukee Tools. Really liking the cordless table saw.

http://toolguyd.com/hottest-new-milwaukee-tools-from-nps18/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Good article listing all the new for 2018 Milwaukee Tools. Really liking the cordless table saw.

Nice Bill, I watched the video, and then right after, if a comparison with the dewalt flex volt table saw,
    What I like is the Milwaukee rip capacity, and the rack and pinion fence,
    I think I’m going to start saving for this saw, it’s available online from Calgary, but it’s still $$$ hoping by the mid to end of summer, I can find it in Montreal at a lower price.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Milwaukee’s new mini flush cutting pliers.

http://toolguyd.com/milwaukee-mini-flush-cutting-pliers/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

the new m18 table saw and the jig saws are probably the two things im looking forward to the most. also the plate levels look good.

the updated circ saw isnt that big a thing for me as im not really a fan of their circ saws anymore.. makita has been my goto for about 6 years

the new cordless super sawzall looks like its gonna be a beast, they already have the best 18v on the market with the one key fuel model

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

xtsallad
    Pro
    Dallas, TX

That Super sawzall looks pretty great. I wonder how it compares to the Bosch GSA18v-125K on cost and on performance with similar batteries.

j

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

That Super sawzall looks pretty great. I wonder how it compares to the Bosch GSA18v-125K on cost and on performance with similar batteries.

I’m wondering the same thing

Clev08
    Pro

the new m18 table saw and the jig saws are probably the two things im looking forward to the most. also the plate levels look good.

the updated circ saw isnt that big a thing for me as im not really a fan of their circ saws anymore.. makita has been my goto for about 6 years

the new cordless super sawzall looks like its gonna be a beast, they already have the best 18v on the market with the one key fuel model

They definitely took advantage of the stabila plate levels downfall with their design, I’m looking at getting one of their concrete levels for doing shower pans

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The Bosch GSA18V-125K is not the fastest or the most powerful on the market but it is smooth and that smoothness makes it feel fast.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Clev08
    Pro

That articl didn’t mention anything about all the new compact brushless tools, hey will be cheaper and less capable than the fuel like but would be good options for someone on a tight budget.

The M18 Backpack vac looks neat. I wonder in reality though how much use it would get and where it would be used. End of day jobsite cleanup?

CB
    Spectator

If I had a backpack vac, and a cordless tool with built in dust collection, such as the dry wall cutter that Doobie pointed out in the Makita thread, then I could easily imagine being up on a 12 foot ladder working on a wall in room with a cathedral ceiling, where I can both cut and CAPTURE all of the dust before it falls to the ground, without having to drag 16 feet of daisy chained vacuum hoses up the ladder with me, and without having to precariously balance one of my small little vacuums on the top shelf of the A frame ladder, especially when I need to use an extension ladder instead, because I need to be near the wall that I’m working on, and there is not enough room on the floor to parallel the A frame ladder next to the wall due to the greater spread distance of the A frame ladders that reach that high.

All kinds of in action benefits of a back pack vacuum without cords to trip over when descending the ladder. I just have to ignore the fact that all these conveniences are now in existence that can make work so much easier… because I’d go broke buying all the things I thought of years ago, but never had the wherewithal to produce and patent myself. I can’t tell you how many times I wished in earlier years for a back pack vacuum that was cordless. Now that such a thing is available, it doesn’t make any more sense for me to buy it, because I’ve already made do with lots of different work arounds.

But that doesn’t stop me from remembering the realistic uses I had in mind when such a tool was only a figment of imagination.

By the way, I bought a cordless vac last year, from a different brand, when it was on sale for $49. I already had the batteries for it, so I figured what the heck. The thing isn’t very powerful compared to a corded shop vac, but when collecting actively generated dust from drilling or sawing… the presence of vacuum, any vacuum no matter how minor on the mercury scale… surely beats the complete absence of vacuum.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 426 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.635 seconds