dcsimg

2016 Church Remodel

Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • Author

I believe it is a code requirement to use the MC and conduit. there are not many commercial projects where we can use Romex except apartments.

Commercial is so different in codes . Is the Main service being updated too .

Always willing to learn .

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

No, there was an addition to the church done about 8 years ago that had a new service brought into it. the work we are doing was supposed to happen at that time so they planned for it in the new service. The contractor that did the addition was an out-of-towner and went under during the addition. the church had to pay twice for a lot of work and could not afford the work we are doing now. They had to fundraise all over again and we have been taking on phases as they have had the funds. This is the last portion of the project.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

This is the last portion of the project.

Nice that you were able to do the complete job in phases.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It was basically the only way to do it. We had to finish areas so we could move things out of other areas to the new areas then remodel the area we moved them out of.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Here are the last photos I took. We had all the metal studs up and were ready to hang drywall. Most of the drywall is up now and we are waiting on the sprinkler fitter.

JimDaddyO
    Pro
    Wawa, ON

Here are the last photos I took. We had all the metal studs up and were ready to hang drywall. Most of the drywall is up now and we are waiting on the sprinkler fitter.

Wow! That is a virtual forest of metal studs. Thanks for keeping us up to date, and the photos too.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

That is really coming along nicely , I never realized they made steel studding so big . Must cost a fortune .

WoodsConstruction
    Pro
    Sudbury, ON

Coming along great, thanks for the new pictures and update. Looking forward to seeing the completed project.

Clev08
    Pro

Lots of shiny metal, I would not like to hang the drywall on that! Do they make self tapping drywall screws?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We had all the metal studs up and were ready to hang drywall.

Does the metal framing go up faster than 2X4s?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

We had all the metal studs up and were ready to hang drywall.

Does the metal framing go up faster than 2X4s?

Why metal and not wood studs?

The steel is because it’s commercial work and needs to meet a certain fire rating.

Framing looks nice and tight Kurt!! I see the welded door jambs are in also. All inspected and ready for board?

I like using steel every once in a while. Everything is nice and straight with it.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

It’s coming along really nice . Talking about the sprinkler system guy . I had such a problem one time with a GC . I was doing the drop ceilings and he came in and why is the drops not in the center of the 2×2 . He was screaming and saying your a dumb sob .

I told him that’s impossible to layout what the sprinkler guy did with his mains and do my grind . I said they have elbows and pipe them down to the grinders center . The guy was a know it all . He was just a rich dude and no trade experience .

@Skillman that is when you say to the guy he is right…come show me how to make the layout work. Some people are just ignorant!!!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

The steel is because it’s commercial work and needs to meet a certain fire rating.

Andrew Thank you for the info. Makes sense now.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

The renovations are coming along nicely. I see metal joists in there. What’s going in the space up there?

@Skillman that is when you say to the guy he is right…come show me how to make the layout work. Some people are just ignorant!!!

He hires use cause we know what we are doing . But we quit working for him . It got to much for use to deal with . My stress level couldn’t take it anymore .

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That is really coming along nicely , I never realized they made steel studding so big . Must cost a fortune .

Steel studs will come about any length. The long ones here are about 18′. In our remodel we did last fall we used some 24′. The nice thing about steel studs is it is sold by the foot so no matter how long it is within reason it is the same price per foot. Some suppliers may not stock much over 16′ – 20′ lengths but they can get about anything.

The renovations are coming along nicely. I see metal joists in there. What’s going in the space up there?

Part of the existing area was 8′ ceilings and the rest was higher. Some of the new areas extend into the higher areas so we framed the ceilings in those area with studs to not mix a drop ceiling with drywall. It willow just dead space above.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Wow, the project is coming along since the first pictures I viewed! Thanks for posting and explaining the work, much appreciated.

A Working Pro since 2004

Viewing 19 posts - 101 through 119 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.372 seconds