dcsimg

2016 Church Remodel

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 119 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

We have the metal studs on site and the steel is done. All of the roof loads have been transferred to the steel structure and the old bearing walls have been removed. As soon as the hollow metal frames come in the steel framing will go up.

Wow really opened the place up. Looks good.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

All of the roof loads have been transferred to the steel structure and the old bearing walls have been removed.

Kurt looks really good. Nice and open now.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

We have the metal studs on site and the steel is done. All of the roof loads have been transferred to the steel structure and the old bearing walls have been removed. As soon as the hollow metal frames come in the steel framing will go up.

Kurt,
    Nice work, it sure opened up the space.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

@kurt@welkerhomes.com wow Kurt, that place looks huge now that it’s opened up, must feel better to get most of the heavy structural work finished.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That is some good looking steel work! What do you use to drill the holes through the beams? With that many holes I’d hate to do them with a regular drill.

I had all of the holes in the steel punched at the fabricator, My guess is they used a mag drill press or something like that. the flanges are about an inch thick, I do not know if they can punch them that thick like they can in 1/2″ stuff. All I know is that they have much better equipment to accomplish the task than I do.

It is good to have that part done. Waiting on sparky now to get the rest of the framing going.

It actually does feel large right now, to bad we will start adding walls and closing everything in again.

Clev08
    Pro

Having them do that sure saved you a lot of time! I know fastenal will do stuff like that for customers, I’m sure there are many more around here I just don’t know about them because I don’t do much metal work. Usually just metal studs around a fireplace.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I had all of the holes in the steel punched at the fabricator,

Good idea Kurt. They able to lay them out and do them by machine saving you a bunch of time.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Cool project, looking good.

Last year this time I was working with another contractor in a Jewish Temple.

The entire cathedral ceiling was dont in Cedar. The framing were big 14″TGI’s but between the air passage for venting and insulation, someone was a bit carelsss with details. A sprinkler head burst and pumped massive amount of water through the Temple, office below and basement.

What a mess…….We had to label and move all of the pews so when they could go back to their identical spot. People pay for seating, closer to the rabbi the more money.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

What a mess…….We had to label and move all of the pews so when they could go back to their identical spot. People pay for seating, closer to the rabbi the more money.

Location, location, location! that’s as bad as seat licenses for prow sports. It is funny to see how people and where people sit in church. My family was always “Right Siders” other were left of center, Not sure if that has anything to do with political leanings or not. It seems like most people I have ever gone to church with were right siders. My grandparents always sat in the same Pew, they did not pay for it but it was theirs and most of the other families in the church had their Pews also. If there was someone else in any of the families pew when they got to church, it was just a bad start to the week.

In talking to the pastor of the church we are remodeling, he indicated that when they added the new sanctuary, a lot of the older members who had their specific seats, just stood in the back on the first Sunday that they went because they did not know where to go.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Location, location, location! that’s as bad as seat licenses for prow sports. It is funny to see how people and where people sit in church. My family was always “Right Siders” other were left of center, Not sure if that has anything to do with political leanings or not. It seems like most people I have ever gone to church with were right siders. My grandparents always sat in the same Pew, they did not pay for it but it was theirs and most of the other families in the church had their Pews also. If there was someone else in any of the families pew when they got to church, it was just a bad start to the week.

In talking to the pastor of the church we are remodeling, he indicated that when they added the new sanctuary, a lot of the older members who had their specific seats, just stood in the back on the first Sunday that they went because they did not know where to go.

Man that’s some odd stuff. I found there really never was a seat for me and the kids in church. I found it odd indeed.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My family was always “Right Siders” other were left of center, Not sure if that has anything to do with political leanings or not. It seems like most people I have ever gone to church with were right siders. My grandparents always sat in the same Pew,

Yep it is funny but the regulars at a church always sit in the same place and all the other members know who sits where and refer to the pews by the family name.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Any up dates on progress with the remodel .

Always willing to learn .

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I will get some more photo’s tomorrow, we have been in a little holding pattern waiting on the electrician. We do have all of the metal studs up and are just waiting to be able to close up the ceilings and start drywall.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I wish my house was that big inside .Id have tools laying around everywhere 🙂 nice work !

I will get some more photo’s tomorrow, we have been in a little holding pattern waiting on the electrician. We do have all of the metal studs up and are just waiting to be able to close up the ceilings and start drywall.

Are they using armored cable on this build or romex .

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

It is all pipe and wire or MC, no Romex on this job. one of the reasons it is taking so long for the electrical. It is a big adjustment going from them wiring a house in a couple of days with Romex, vs a pipe and wire job or one with MC.

Thanks for all the updates! I really enjoy seeing your bigger projects!

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

It is all pipe and wire or MC, no Romex on this job. one of the reasons it is taking so long for the electrical. It is a big adjustment going from them wiring a house in a couple of days with Romex, vs a pipe and wire job or one with MC.

Is the county making you use it on this project by code .

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It is all pipe and wire or MC, no Romex on this job.

Wow that will increase the time for sure. Interested to see how it all came out.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I believe it is a code requirement to use the MC and conduit. there are not many commercial projects where we can use Romex except apartments.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 119 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.299 seconds