dcsimg

#2 TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS

This topic contains 826 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Boschmanbrian 1 week ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 827 total)
  • Author

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@cb that looks pretty cool , especially in yellow definitely easy to find on a job site.
    I noticed on the Amazon link they have plenty of other brands as well.
    U actually have one similar to the second one of the similar items. It’s a MasterCraft
    It’s not too bad.

Thanks for the info.

Doobie

OK….let’s maybe move the Milwaukee stuff to the Red thread now that it has long now no longer pertained to Makita gear in any meaningful manner.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/2018-new-milwaukee-tools/

Uline? Never heard of them/that. Nothing to do with Mak8ta either. Sorry!

“Sorry!”?? If you want to play mod, feel free to move my posts whereever you like.

That’s a pretty rude reply!

Was it not you who brought up tool boxes of other brands before buying the Makita boxes?

I only mentioned their cost related to them in relation to other boxes I own of different brands that are essentially the same as the Makita boxes.

Received my four Makita Systainers and the 18 liter Makita cooler. Thinking about buying more. These size 2 and 3 Systainers seem just as good as the Festool or Tanos badged ones and are costing me a quarter of what I’d pay for the T-Lock Festool versions. Big deal they’re not T-Locks!

I certainly didn’t open up this Pandoras Box of ‘let’s talk about every storage box on the planet’ in a thread related to what is intended as a dedicated Makita tools thread!

May I suggest YOU open up a dedicated thread about different storage box solutions.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Kevin, these discussions tend to build and build because it was interesting to some of us on how different brands compare on various aspects. The intention was never to hijack the Makita thread. I have started a new thread to discuss the Packout for those who are interested. We might even bring up Makita in that thread LOL.

https://bethepro.com/forums/topic/milwaukee-packout-tool-storage-boxes/

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Kevin, these discussions tend to build and build because it was interesting to some of us on how different brands compare on various aspects. The intention was never to hijack the Makita thread. I have started a new thread to discuss the Packout for those who are interested. We might even bring up Makita in that thread LOL.

Thanks for the linky I’ll definitely be interested in this

Doobie

Thank you Sami. That was all I was politely trying to suggest. 👍

CB
    Pro

That’s one of the reasons it’s really hard to search for information on BTP because the forums and topics are very granular, and often subjects are sliced and diced in so many different ways there are significant overlaps in many threads, and very easy to wander off into a whole different discussion in threads, and often times the useful discussions are kind of buried. Like in here we are having a pretty interesting and informative discussion on tool storage, but it launched off a Makita specific thread, and I think had the discussion happened in the job site organization forum it would have gotten more participation because some posters may have not commented because it sounds like it’s kind of drifting off topic, however if you put a new thread in there to continue the conversation it would just kill it since it’s already losing steam.

The only topic that seems to stay on course is the weather thread LOL.

Interesting assessment.

As a newbie to BTP not quite 2 years ago, I at first was attracted by the subject specific organization of the forums, where, as you say, a subforum like jobsite organization would make more logical sense to discuss evolutions in tool storage and transport options.

However, Jim (former Keymaster) and another former moderator (now called Anonymous) made it clear to me that in reality, refering to the subject specific sub forums isn’t “the cadence” of BTP forums.

The reason we leave older posts up is that they attract users from search engines. @cb totally understandable as from the way the posts are listed it appears that it was active. Everyone who has been here for some time eventually gets the cadence. Typically if you want to know what the latest discussions are use the “Latest Pro Forum Topics”

Gee what ya doing on that page LOL, Honestly I’ve never seen that page before. I was talking about the main topics page that everyone uses,

By “that page”, former moderator “Anonymous” was referring to a subject specific forum that I initially read and responded to as a newcomer to the site, that appeared as an ongoing and current sticky in the subforum, but that did not appear on the “main” “latest pro forum topics” page “that everyone uses.”

The moderators were quite nice about it, but the brow beating I received from one particular non moderating member here for having dared to bring up an older thread that was off the radar on the main topic page, but that appeared as a current “sticky” on the subject specific subforum page, was so severe that a couple of BTP members actually sent me sympathetic private messages saying “don’t let that _______ run you off this site.”

I didn’t leave, but I didn’t stick around as much as I otherwise might have. I’ve sometimes wondered why other folks leave BTP. In any event, one take away from the experience was to only respond to the main page latest pro forum topics, and ignore the otherwise incredibly refined and excellent organization of specific and topical subforums, except when I post a new thread.

In other words, the “cadence” of BTP, as somewhat defined by the tastes of BTP’s most dominate participant, doesn’t lend itself to browsing or bringing up subject specific topics, as most threads in the sub forums are considered too old to bring up again.

Therefore, organic conversations that spring from the active topics on the first page are perhaps more likely, rather than less likely, to yield the engagement of differing opinions on any given topic, where the topic in this case was Makita MaKPacs as adequate lower cost alternatives to Festool branded Systainers, and on the note of lower cost alternatives, how low can one go? Maybe not even MakPacs are a value at the end of the day. But if someone doesn’t want that question answered here, in this thread, where the issue was initially raised and the conversation was already ongoing, as I said earlier, feel free to move it.

CB
    Pro

double post in error.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

@cb I wouldn’t worry about threads going off topic to much , most of them have , and most of us are all to blame

And hopefully you stick around ,

Doobie

That’s one of the reasons it’s really hard to search for information on BTP because the forums and topics are very granular, and often subjects are sliced and diced in so many different ways there are significant overlaps in many threads, and very easy to wander off into a whole different discussion in threads, and often times the useful discussions are kind of buried. Like in here we are having a pretty interesting and informative discussion on tool storage, but it launched off a Makita specific thread, and I think had the discussion happened in the job site organization forum it would have gotten more participation because some posters may have not commented because it sounds like it’s kind of drifting off topic, however if you put a new thread in there to continue the conversation it would just kill it since it’s already losing steam.

Interesting assessment.

As a newbie to BTP not quite 2 years ago, I at first was attracted by the subject specific organization of the forums, where, as you say, a subforum like jobsite organization would make more logical sense to discuss evolutions in tool storage and transport options.

However, Jim (former Keymaster) and another former moderator (now called Anonymous) made it clear to me that in reality, refering to the subject specific sub forums isn’t “the cadence” of BTP forums.

The reason we leave older posts up is that they attract users from search engines. @cb totally understandable as from the way the posts are listed it appears that it was active. Everyone who has been here for some time eventually gets the cadence. Typically if you want to know what the latest discussions are use the “Latest Pro Forum Topics”

Gee what ya doing on that page LOL, <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>Honestly I’ve never seen that page before. I was talking about the main topics page that everyone uses,

By “that page”, former moderator “Anonymous” was referring to a subject specific forum that I initially read and responded to as a newcomer to the site, that appeared as an ongoing and current sticky in the subforum, but that did not appear on the “main” “latest pro forum topics” page “that everyone uses.”

The moderators were quite nice about it, but the brow beating I received from one particular non moderating member here for having dared to bring up an older thread that was off the radar on the main topic page, but that appeared as a current “sticky” on the subject specific subforum page, was so severe that a couple of BTP members actually sent me sympathetic private messages saying “don’t let that _______ run you off this site.”

I didn’t leave, but I didn’t stick around as much as I otherwise might have. I’ve sometimes wondered why other folks leave BTP. In any event, one take away from the experience was to only respond to the main page latest pro forum topics, and ignore the otherwise incredibly refined and excellent organization of specific and topical subforums, except when I post a new thread.

In other words, the “cadence” of BTP, as somewhat defined by the tastes of BTP’s most dominate participant, doesn’t lend itself to browsing or bringing up subject specific topics, as most threads in the sub forums are considered too old to bring up again.

Therefore, organic conversations that spring from the active topics on the first page are perhaps more likely, rather than less likely, to yield the engagement of differing opinions on any given topic, where the topic in this case was Makita MaKPacs as adequate lower cost alternatives to Festool branded Systainers, and on the note of lower cost alternatives, how low can one go? Maybe not even MakPacs are a value at the end of the day. But if someone doesn’t want that question answered here, in this thread, where the issue was initially raised and the conversation was already ongoing, as I said earlier, feel free to move it.

You can carry on derailing/stealing the thread, I really don’t care CB. It’s just a common courtesy to not do such. I was only trying to nicely nudge the thread back to its intended purpose. Obviously you’ve convinced yourself that there is no such need to do so. Babble away ad nauseum if you wish CB.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Interesting assessment.

Gee what ya doing on that page LOL, <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>Honestly I’ve never seen that page before. I was talking about the main topics page that everyone uses,

Really ??? Are you really a carpenter?? Grow a back bone. If you didn’t like what was said PM the guy give him a bit of your mind… Gawd knows I have.. Coming on a open post a snibbling about how some typed to you on the internet is very small…. This place is nothing,,Drop by CT sometime and see some stuff. TippTop can really take some abuse. LMAO!!!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Come on guys let’s get back to our common interest which is tool talking…or “my tool is bigger than your tool” LOL.

So…what’s new with Milwaukee or Hitachi?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Come on guys let’s get back to our common interest which is tool talking…or “my tool is bigger than your tool” LOL.

So…what’s new with Milwaukee or Hitachi?

Back to Makita talk then,,,,,,,
    I see Makita is really pushing their new line up of blades,,

I have used the 7¼” blade and it’s a very smooth blade.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

You’re right I got a promo email about a week or so ago.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

You’re right I got a promo email about a week or so ago.

I recently got one also, I do know that some blades are a much greater pleasure to cut with than others. in a lot of cases a cheap blade is exactly what you get. a little more and the cutting is so much better.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Lots of really nice tools being released for 2019

2019 Makita Tools Preview

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie

If that cordless wheelbarrow were half the price they want for it, I would have bought one by now. Not sure if that’s an update on the existing one or they are just profiling it at WOC to bring better awareness out there that it exists. Sure would make working solo a lot easier.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

If that cordless wheelbarrow were half the price they want for it, I would have bought one by now. Not sure if that’s an update on the existing one or they are just profiling it at WOC to bring better awareness out there that it exists. Sure would make working solo a lot easier.

I have looked at it when I have been at ACME tools. They have on on display. I have never thought of asking if they ever sell any. We do not use a wheel borrow enough to warrant it. I could see a landscaper working alone or working on a lot of hilly yards making good use of one.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I notice the chainsaw that is shown at 4:51 of the video uses an old style blade tensioner and attachment over the new. I have attached a photo of what was on my saw when I got it. I have noticed that it is very difficult to keep the chain tight without constant adjustment. I wonder if this is a change of if they are just demoing an old saw. I would think they would have their most current tools at WOC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/jbEXOQUqObY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Nice load of tools and accessories from Makita 👍, I liked that material handler dolly. Must be built on the same platform as the wheel barrel.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/jbEXOQUqObY?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Nice load of tools and accessories from Makita 👍, I liked that material handler dolly. Must be built on the same platform as the wheel barrel.

In a video I saw, It said you could swap from one to the other. It indicated that you would get about 1 hour of time on a set of batteries.

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 827 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.058 seconds