dcsimg

#2 TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS

This topic contains 164 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Doobie 8 hours, 15 minutes ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 165 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Did they ship you the second smaller MakPac to store the dual port charger? I didn’t see it in your photos.

No. This deal does not include it. In fact, it didn’t even list the MakPac for the saw, but I did get one, which I’m glad I did for it with its proper insert so it sits properly. I really don’t need the second smaller MakPac anyways.

Looks like a great package drop! Did you check the track to see if it is straight?

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

We shall carry on with the teal Talk Here now..

Thank you sir!

And here is my previous post from the old one lamenting about missing out on a Makita track saw deal….

I’ve got some bad news in regards to this Midnight Madness sale that TEGS is having this coming Friday. It occurred to me that since I couldn’t find that Track Saw package set up they have in the sale flyer on their website at all, I would call them and ask how I would go about ordering it come Friday. I was told that the sale is an in-store event only.

nowhere on that flyer does it say it is not available for over the phone or online ordering and that you have to be in store to get these deals.

I called TEGS today again to see if they would honor a telephone order. No luck.

I have unsubscribed from their email mailouts and will no longer buy from them. Tired of dealing with places that do things half-arse.

I’m thinking of maybe trying to get another online retailer to price match on it come tomorrow. I’ve been really looking at that track saw since this summer and waiting for a deal on it like this one and kinda had my heart set on getting this deal. There’s rarely deals on this track saw up here in Canada.

I had no luck in this regard looking around different retailers for a price match. Most at least require that the item, in this case a special promo package, be posted on the competitors website which in this case it is not.

Again, thanks for wasting my time TEGS tools!!!

Aaargh!!!

Well here’s a pleasant surprise on what I was kinda pissed about with missing out on the aforementioned Makita deal from a Midnight Madness one-day only sale earlier this month at Tegs tools in Hamilton whereby their flyer hadn’t indicated it was an in-store only promo deal offerings. I am getting this deal after all. Yippee!

This deal has come about now largely due to that I had ordered the Bosch HTH181B 18 V High Torque Impact Wrench with Pin Detent (Bare Tool) from them online using a Bosch promo to get $30 their already lowest price available online shopping around the internet of $299 to get it for $269. This was like 3 weeks ago before the Midnight Madness sale and I hadn’t seen any movement on my online account with them as of yesterday showing still as ‘Processing’.

So yesterday I sent them an email asking ‘What’s going on with this order’. Well this morning I get a reply from them and it says that they thought they had one in stock, but they didn’t so they had to order one from Bosch Canada. So I called them on the phone and the problem was actually this is now a discontinued item as a bare tool and is only available as a kit. So what they did was order a kit and will be stripping out the two batteries and charger and sending me the tool with its blow mold case free of charge which is nice.

Then I mentioned about the whole Midnight Madness thing that really had pissed me off and suggest that in the future they include in their flyer that it is IN STORE ONLY deals. The fellow Gabe, who is one of the family/owners I’m speaking with apologizes for the inconvenience and says that the flyers from the respective different brands for the Midninght Madness sale are actually provided by them and not done by Tegs and it is the first year of this annual sale that they even send out emailed flyers. He’ll look at correcting this somehow in the future.

Then he asks me if I still want this track saw deal even though he could get in trouble in doing this deal. Of course I jump on it with a big affirmative “Yes” as I have been shopping for this Makita track saw for months now and there never seems to be any decent deals on it. He said all they make on such a sweet deal is around $30, but he’ll even eat the shipping as it won’t add much anyways to the Bosch Impact he has to send me anyways.

Sweet deal! This saw alone goes for $449 or more stand alone here in Canada. Here, for $529 I’m getting the saw, the Tanos style carry case for it (Which I think they all come with anyways but is not in the deal description), two 5.0 Ah batteries with the dual fast charger, a 55 inch rail, and two track clamps.

I really can use the 5.0 batteries and having an extra rail is nice as well. Now with this cordless smaller track saw, I don’t have to lug out my larger corded Festool TS75 when I don’t feel like it.

I’m a happy camper now and I’ve now re-subscribed to their email mailing list which I had deleted I was so miffed with them a few weeks ago!

That’s one heck of a happy ending! Congrats on all those deals!

Charlie

Instagram

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Just arriving this morning is my new Makita plunge cut track saw and short rail with twist clamps.

Congrats on the new saw, enjoy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

CB
    Pro

So far, I’ve ordered two Makita accessories out of Europe, because they were NAINA, even though the tool that these accessories were made for is still sold here.

When I buy a new tool, I often immediately order the accessories that the manufacturer already optimized for the tool, before the tool itself is discontinued, and the accessories are no longer available for it.

But in this case, the accessories are already discontinued in NA, while the tool is still active and current. Seems like Makita is stronger in Europe than in NA, which surprises me, given all the good German brands over there.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

So far, I’ve ordered two Makita accessories out of Europe, because they were NAINA, even though the tool that these accessories were made for is still sold here.

Well what did ya get
    Did ya get them from ToolStop??

Dirty

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Did they ship you the second smaller MakPac to store the dual port charger? I didn’t see it in your photos.

No. This deal does not include it. In fact, it didn’t even list the MakPac for the saw, but I did get one, which I’m glad I did for it with its proper insert so it sits properly. I really don’t need the second smaller MakPac anyways.

Looks like a great package drop! Did you check the track to see if it is straight?

It’s straight. It was extremely well packed for shipping.

Today, I went and sprang for the 18 liter Makita cooler/systainer for $80 and 4 Makita systainers that were $22-27 each. Two small ones and two medium ones. Can’t beat that pricing and I don’t care they’re not T-Lock style of Systainers at those prices. They’ll all get used for something over time.

The cooler normally goes for $130 or more up here and I went and saw on my Amazon wish list they just dropped the price on it. This will be handy in the car when doing errands in the summer with keeping things cold as I do my stops.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

nice pick up @doobie. I took a look at the cordless track saw the other day at the local ACME, but the deal was nothing close to yours so I passed.

CB
    Pro

Well what did ya get
    Did ya get them from ToolStop??

That’s crazy… I can’t remember where I got them, and the items won’t arrive until the end of February. Two different tool outlets, two different countries… that I do recall. Invoices generated for each order are already filed away and not accessible to me at the moment.

I can barely remember what I ordered… but it is coming to me. A circle cutter. Makita listed this circle cutter as an accessory item for the cordless spiral cut Cut Out tool I recently picked up. I don’t really anticipate using the circle cutter, since the bits have guide points, and since I already have quite a variety of hole saws that match well to different sizes of steel, plastic, and phenolic boxes.

But the problem was simply this… I saw the accessory, and thought, oh that is kinda neat. And whenever I think that, it unfortunately means that I will never forget having seen that potential solution, which means that solution will become a part of my mental inventory of potential solutions when it comes time to solving some future unmet problem.

I will always know that there is this circle cutter out there that fits this tool that I recently bought perfectly. What if I leave my box of holes saws at one place while I’m working on another? What if I’m installing a retrofit box where the guide points are of no use? What if I want to cut a random sized circle in a sheet of cardboard for the neighborhood kids to poke their head through as shields during their water balloon fights? Random stuff enters the mind to try and justify buying the accessory that now that I know exists, I won’t be able to forget.

And at that point, I decide to just order the silly thing to have on hand, because in the past, I’ve bought tools to do only what I needed at the time and didn’t bother with the accessories. A few years later, I needed the tool to do something more than I previously required, and looked in the manual and sure enough they made an accessory to do exactly what I’m trying to do then, but lo and behold, both the tool and the accessory have been long since discontinued.

So now, I “kit out” the tools I buy soon after purchase, while they are still current models, and just put the extra trinkets away. This paid off with a Bosch router I bought a couple of decades ago. I went through manual and ordered all the different sized collets, edge guide, inserts, dust collecting apparatus, and even the metal case with baffles welded inside, made just for that router… all stuff that is no longer available for that old model of router… and all stuff that I wasn’t really sure I would need, but eventually ended up using over the years, and appreciated the fact that I didn’t have to hunt for “unobtainium” on eBay.

Only in the case of this arguably useless circle cutter, Makita has already discontinued it in North America. Hence I ordered it overseas.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I will always know that there is this circle cutter out there that fits this tool that I recently bought perfectly. What if I leave my box of holes saws at one place while I’m working on another? What if I’m installing a retrofit box where the guide points are of no use? What if I want to cut a random sized circle in a sheet of cardboard for the neighborhood kids to poke their head through as shields during their water balloon fights? Random stuff enters the mind to try and justify buying the accessory that now that I know exists, I won’t be able to forget.

Same reason I paid over $100 to order a HOLEPRO circle cutting drill accessory that claims to have great dust control as you drill recessed light holes on the ceiling. End up using it twice in the last five years LOL.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

I “kit out” the tools I buy soon after purchase,

I do that almost all the time including buying extra blade(s) where appropriate. I view it as saving time and gas going to the store for that ‘one item’ when I actually will need it.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Received my four Makita Systainers and the 18 liter Makita cooler. Thinking about buying more. These size 2 and 3 Systainers seem just as good as the Festool or Tanos badged ones and are costing me a quarter of what I’d pay for the T-Lock Festool versions. Big deal they’re not T-Locks!

EDIT: Now I’m seeing the two larger sizes available at super low prices which they weren’t two days ago on Amazon when I ordered the other ones. I’m gonna order some more.

EDIT #2: So I’m ordering one large and an Xtra large. I wanted two large ones, but they only had one in stock.

Curiously, I went and looked at the 18 liter cooler pricing, and it went up $20. Good I bought it two days ago.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Received my four Makita Systainers and the 18 liter Makita cooler. Thinking about buying more. These size 2 and 3 Systainers seem just as good as the Festool or Tanos badged ones and are costing me a quarter of what I’d pay for the T-Lock Festool versions. Big deal they’re not T-Locks!

Nice stack of teal boxxes. I guess you’re going big time on the teal train.

Dirty

CB
    Pro

Is the cooler taller than, shorter than, or the same height as the X-Large MakPac (Size 4)?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

seem just as good as the Festool or Tanos badged ones and are costing me a quarter of what I’d pay for the T-Lock Festool versions. Big deal they’re not T-Locks!

Wow what a price difference.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Nice stack of teal boxxes. I guess you’re going big time on the teal train.

I have been somewhat. But if these Tanos/Systainer Makita boxes had been labelled maybe another brand, I’d possibly be buying them anyways at these prices. It just so happens it’s Makita which is a brand I really like and respect. I’m always looking to box something up in storage boxes it seems, so when I saw the price drops on these recently, I decided it was time to stock up.

If they were coloured and labelled certain other brands instead, that would be a tough one. There are some brands I really don’t care for, but I may have some of their stuff regardless. Having a stack of their storage boxes with their labels staring at me might deter me from buying such though. I walked away from a sweet deal on a Milwaukee big rolling tool chest over a year ago partly because of this, but it was also a bit bigger than I really wanted as well.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Is the cooler taller than, shorter than, or the same height as the X-Large MakPac (Size 4)?

I don’t know for sure yet, but looking at the specs of each, I think the cooler is a few inches taller. I should be able to tell for sure once I receive the X-Larrge Makita box on Thursday.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

If they were coloured and labelled certain other brands instead, that would be a tough one. There are some brands I really don’t care for, but I may have some of their stuff regardless. Having a stack of their storage boxes with their labels staring at me might deter me from buying such though. I walked away from a sweet deal on a Milwaukee big rolling tool chest over a year ago partly because of this, but it was also a bit bigger than I really wanted as well.

That’s why I went with Craftsman for mobile boxes even though I have zero CM tools I carry around. Their labels and logos are peel and stick – EASILY REMOVED.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

That’s why I went with Craftsman for mobile boxes even though I have zero CM tools I carry around. Their labels and logos are peel and stick – EASILY REMOVED.

Lol. I did that with some Dewalt parts totes bins carry cases I bought. Now you can’t tell what brand they were labelled.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

CB
    Pro

I’d prefer the drapes to match the carpet so to speak, and if I had a store bought case for every tool (I don’t), I would prefer that the case color match the color and brand of the tool, solely for quick identification.

Example, I have a Bosch Jig Saw (made in Switzerland), that came with a funky plastic case (not part of any system) that is Bosch Blue with red letters and latches. From a vast distance, through a mountain of ever changing clutter, I can see and identify that Bosch colored case as the Bosch jig saw, without having to read a label.

Same with the red (metal) cases that hold Milwaukee and the teal (metal) cases that hold Makita… I can identify the tools from a distance by the basic color of what they are encased in.

Of course, this color differentiation wouldn’t help someone like Moze.

Quite often, I use cardboard fruit trays that nest stack into each other to keep my tools from scratching people’s floors and tearing people’s roofs.

Doobie
    Pro
    Ajax, ON

Quite often, I use cardboard fruit trays that nest stack into each other to keep my tools from scratching people’s floors and tearing people’s roofs.

I keep a bunch of those as well for oddball things and for when I do want things to be laid onto other things when working.

I also keep a couple in the car for trips to Costco. Makes hauling in everything into the house a lot quicker. Some I have are 15 plus years old. For something that is intended as a one time use, they sure last a long time.

Kevin.

Wannabee pro.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 165 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.463 seconds