dcsimg

#2 TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 886 total)
  • Author
    CB
    Pro

Well I have to concede that there is one advantage to the clunkier Makita coffee maker with the cord dangling from it along with a loose battery caboose… it looks like the old style can be plugged directly into 110v AC:

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

New Makita 18V Cordless Wet/Dry HEPA Vacuum (XCV11)

Man this thing looks handy

https://toolguyd.com/makita-18v-cordless-wet-dry-hepa-vacuum-xcv11/

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Doobie

We shall carry on with the teal Talk Here now..

Thank you sir!

And here is my previous post from the old one lamenting about missing out on a Makita track saw deal….

I’ve got some bad news in regards to this Midnight Madness sale that TEGS is having this coming Friday. It occurred to me that since I couldn’t find that Track Saw package set up they have in the sale flyer on their website at all, I would call them and ask how I would go about ordering it come Friday. I was told that the sale is an in-store event only.

nowhere on that flyer does it say it is not available for over the phone or online ordering and that you have to be in store to get these deals.

I called TEGS today again to see if they would honor a telephone order. No luck.

I have unsubscribed from their email mailouts and will no longer buy from them. Tired of dealing with places that do things half-arse.

I’m thinking of maybe trying to get another online retailer to price match on it come tomorrow. I’ve been really looking at that track saw since this summer and waiting for a deal on it like this one and kinda had my heart set on getting this deal. There’s rarely deals on this track saw up here in Canada.

I had no luck in this regard looking around different retailers for a price match. Most at least require that the item, in this case a special promo package, be posted on the competitors website which in this case it is not.

Again, thanks for wasting my time TEGS tools!!!

Aaargh!!!

Well here’s a pleasant surprise on what I was kinda pissed about with missing out on the aforementioned Makita deal from a Midnight Madness one-day only sale earlier this month at Tegs tools in Hamilton whereby their flyer hadn’t indicated it was an in-store only promo deal offerings. I am getting this deal after all. Yippee!

This deal has come about now largely due to that I had ordered the Bosch HTH181B 18 V High Torque Impact Wrench with Pin Detent (Bare Tool) from them online using a Bosch promo to get $30 their already lowest price available online shopping around the internet of $299 to get it for $269. This was like 3 weeks ago before the Midnight Madness sale and I hadn’t seen any movement on my online account with them as of yesterday showing still as ‘Processing’.

So yesterday I sent them an email asking ‘What’s going on with this order’. Well this morning I get a reply from them and it says that they thought they had one in stock, but they didn’t so they had to order one from Bosch Canada. So I called them on the phone and the problem was actually this is now a discontinued item as a bare tool and is only available as a kit. So what they did was order a kit and will be stripping out the two batteries and charger and sending me the tool with its blow mold case free of charge which is nice.

Then I mentioned about the whole Midnight Madness thing that really had pissed me off and suggest that in the future they include in their flyer that it is IN STORE ONLY deals. The fellow Gabe, who is one of the family/owners I’m speaking with apologizes for the inconvenience and says that the flyers from the respective different brands for the Midninght Madness sale are actually provided by them and not done by Tegs and it is the first year of this annual sale that they even send out emailed flyers. He’ll look at correcting this somehow in the future.

Then he asks me if I still want this track saw deal even though he could get in trouble in doing this deal. Of course I jump on it with a big affirmative “Yes” as I have been shopping for this Makita track saw for months now and there never seems to be any decent deals on it. He said all they make on such a sweet deal is around $30, but he’ll even eat the shipping as it won’t add much anyways to the Bosch Impact he has to send me anyways.

Sweet deal! This saw alone goes for $449 or more stand alone here in Canada. Here, for $529 I’m getting the saw, the Tanos style carry case for it (Which I think they all come with anyways but is not in the deal description), two 5.0 Ah batteries with the dual fast charger, a 55 inch rail, and two track clamps.

I really can use the 5.0 batteries and having an extra rail is nice as well. Now with this cordless smaller track saw, I don’t have to lug out my larger corded Festool TS75 when I don’t feel like it.

I’m a happy camper now and I’ve now re-subscribed to their email mailing list which I had deleted I was so miffed with them a few weeks ago!

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

That Makita tracksaw looks like a performer Kevin. I am still using my 50 yo made in the USA craftsman table saw but breaking sheet goods on site I need a track saw. When is the Bosch TS coming again LOL!!!

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

New Makita 18V Cordless Wet/Dry HEPA Vacuum (XCV11)

Man this thing looks handy

https://toolguyd.com/makita-18v-cordless-wet-dry-hepa-vacuum-xcv11/

Nice design. Would love to see a side by side comparison or “suck off” with the M18 2G vac from Milwaukee which I bought mostly because the hose, accessories and battery are all concealed in a rectangular box.

@Doobie that’s great news Kevin. Congrats. I’ll be looking forward to hearing from you about the new track saw.

CB
    Pro

Sweet deal! This saw alone goes for $449 or more stand alone here in Canada. Here, for $529 I’m getting the saw, the Tanos style carry case for it (Which I think they all come with anyways but is not in the deal description), two 5.0 Ah batteries with the dual fast charger, a 55 inch rail, and two track clamps!

One of the largest authorized Makita dealers down here has been blowing out that cordless plunge cut track saw kit as well…

$349 US dollars, or about $476 Canadian dollars as of today’s exchange rate. Includes the following:

18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 6-1/2″ Plunge Circular Saw (XPS01Z),
    (2) 18V LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Batteries (BL1850B x 2),
    18V LXT Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD),
    6-1/2″ 55T C.T. Cordless Plunge Saw Blade, Wood, Mdf, Lam. (B-57071),
    Hex Wrench (783203-8),
    Interlocking Case, X-Large (197213-3),
    Interlocking Case, Medium (197211-7)

So, the kit in the States includes not just one, but TWO Teal Tanos Systainer boxes… an X large #4 for the saw, and a Medium #2 for the charger, since the charger doesn’t fit in the X-Large case with the saw…

It can be confusing stateside how many batteries come with the XPS01PTJ kit, because the questions on Amazon discuss 2 extra batteries and a 55″ track included (for a total of four 5 ah batteries, plus the track, plust the entire contents of the boxed kit as listed above), but those extra two batteries and the track was last years promotion, at about $459 USD.

I’m not sure that $349 USD deal included a track or not. I’m quite sure it didn’t include 4 batteries, only the original two in the box. But the box is pre packed from Makita with both Tanos Systainers together…

There is a photo of the track on the box, but obviously the track doesn’t fit inside the box.

The retailer opined that Makita is blowing out this saw (XPS01Z) and the kits with it, since Makita already released the version 2 replacement (XPS02Z) plunge cut tracked saw that has AWS (Automatic Wireless System) Bluetooth control of various dust extractors/vacuums.

Doobie

Went to the Makita Canada head office and service center to pick up a power supply wall outlet transformer for my refurbed Makita BT radio I acquired last week. $24 + tax.

I have 20 lbs of old transformers I’ve kept over the years in a bin in my basement. You’d think one of them would have been compatible, but nope, no such luck.

Went to the Makita Canada head office and service center to pick up a power supply wall outlet transformer for my refurbed Makita BT radio I acquired last week. $24 + tax.

I have 20 lbs of old transformers I’ve kept over the years in a bin in my basement. You’d think one of them would have been compatible, but nope, no such luck.

I hear ya. That’s another thing similar to batteries and different manufacturers. Why can’t it just be a standard in the industry but nooo how would they make any money 🤔

Doobie

I’m not sure that $349 USD deal included a track or not.

It doesn’t if you go by the multiple descriptions of it on the Amazon site for that kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Makita-XPS01PTJ-Lithium-Ion-Brushless-Cordless/dp/B01IVTAO8Y

Just seems odd they would have the kit comprise two storage boxes. I’d rather have the two track clamps instead of a second box myself even though the ones I’m gonna get are not quick style ratcheting track clamps.

$349 US dollars, or about $476 Canadian dollars as of today’s exchange rate. Includes the following:

That $349 price is obviously an excellent price from whichever retailer offers it at down there even compared to what Amazon US wants for it ($499 USD). But here in Canada, our prices on things rarely just get bumped by the exchange rate differential even if that kit was offered here. The price diff in Canadian dollars for us can get as high as 50%. There’s more to it here than just the exchange rate with how things get priced here.

The retailer opined that Makita is blowing out this saw (XPS01Z) and the kits with it, since Makita already released the version 2 replacement (XPS02Z) plunge cut tracked saw that has AWS (Automatic Wireless System) Bluetooth control of various dust extractors/vacuums.

I was aware of the newer version of this saw and have no need for the BT version of it.

One thing I just noticed that I was verbally misquoted from Tegs this morning though, the batteries in the ad are 4.0 and not 5.0 batteries. No biggee. Honest mistake.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

One of the largest authorized Makita dealers down here has been blowing out that cordless plunge cut track saw kit as well…

That’s the kit I got I was on a bigger blow out @ 200$ from HD. I sold the batteries and charger and the saw cost me 65$ I call it a Dobbie deal

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

That’s the kit I got I was on a bigger blow out @ 200$ from HD. I sold the batteries and charger and the saw cost me 65$ I call it a Dobbie deal

I recall you scoring that a while back. Super sweet deal. 👍

Somebody, likely the retailer, lost money on that. Was that Slims? On my track saw deal the fellow told me he might make $30 on it and that didn’t factor in the additional shipping cost adding it to my order for the Bosch high torque impact wrench.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

That’s the kit I got

Super sweet deal Dirty. Nice saw for only $65.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I need to find that track saw deal for a second one. I have extra tracks and it would be handy to have a cordless

CB
    Pro

Kurt the deal I found was in California, and it ended 24 December (It was called the 12 Days of Christmas sale).

However, Makita currently has what they are describing as a “Driving Innovation” road show tour (about 10 loaded truck and trailers fanning out across the USA simultaneously) that began last summer and will extend into this spring.

I was working and missed the tour when they rode through my neck of the woods, but a friend went and was impressed with how many batteries Makita was handing out for free like Halloween candy with purchases. This was early on in the tour, but who knows… a good deal might still be had.

The tour is coming back my way in mid January, but I will miss it again unless I get rained out of work that day. I didn’t care last time, because I didn’t have any LXT 18v tools (which is what this tour is focused on). Now I do. I’d like to go just to get hands on time with tools that I might consider replacing my corded tools with, nevermind the discounts or freebies.

You can see when the Makita Driving Innovation tour is heading your way again by entering your zip code into this interactive map:

https://www.makitatools.com/drivinginnovation/search

Doobie

Just arriving this morning is my new Makita plunge cut track saw and short rail with twist clamps.

Won’t likely be using it for a while, but it was something I had been scouting a good deal on for quite some time.

Nice thing was that I ended up with 5.0 Ah batteries rather than the 4.0s in the add. The fellow at Tegs was right about the 5.0s after all even though the ad clearly says they are supposed to be 4.0 batteries. Maybe he just made a mistake. My gain either way.

I really didn’t care much initially about getting the rail clamps, but having just received them the threading is much coarser twist than I expected and they won’t be so arduous to use tighteneing down as I expected compared to my Festool quick lever lock down rail clamps.

I actually rarely ever use lock down clamps with my tracks. They mostly get used on my Festool MFT or for other oddball purposes in my builds. Usually, tracks stay put pretty well on their own in my experience for the vast majority of applications with their rubber strips on their bottoms keeping them in place on the stock being cut.

@Doobie congrats Kevin. Looks like they did a nice job shipping , no damages to the track?

Looks like it’s going to be a very nice addition.

Doobie

doobie congrats Kevin. Looks like they did a nice job shipping , no damages to the track?

The track was extremely well packed as well as the bigger box with all the other stuff. It was all wrapped in black plastic too.

CB
    Pro

Did they ship you the second smaller MakPac to store the dual port charger? I didn’t see it in your photos.

Doobie

Did they ship you the second smaller MakPac to store the dual port charger? I didn’t see it in your photos.

No. This deal does not include it. In fact, it didn’t even list the MakPac for the saw, but I did get one, which I’m glad I did for it with its proper insert so it sits properly. I really don’t need the second smaller MakPac anyways.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 886 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.365 seconds