dcsimg

#2 TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 892 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I’m really liking that Starlock system.

The Starlock is a whole lo easier than the old system. Blade changes are now a snap.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I bought the Makita dual 18V (36V) Power Shaft and two of the attachmemt accesories this past summer, but never even unpacked them until today. The tiller attachment is still boxed, likely til next year, but today I assembled the main unit with the sidewalk edger and took her out for a spin!

Man, this thing works great. I did about 250 feet of edging out front today and some of it was overgrown from the last time I did it 3 years ago or so with my very old Black & Decker Edge Hog which is electric and had its issues with jamming up with soil and grass if the soil was too moist.

……TRUNCATED

Quite happy with the nice trim look of my driveway and sidewalks.

I found a 10% off so I will probably pull the trigger on this today or tomorrow. thanks for the review.

Let us know what you think Kurt once you get it and use it. Did you already have the main Power Shaft Unit? Is your’s the gas version?

I will be getting the 36 v power unit and the string trimmer head. I saw they had 2 options, one with a fixed shaft and one with the split shaft. I figured to go with the split just to have more options down the road. I mam sick of gas units not working after a year or two. The promo I found was 10% off and t extra batteries so that does not seem to bad. It will give me a huge stack of batteries. It sounds like you have the unit with the detachable head also.

Doobie

I bought the Makita dual 18V (36V) Power Shaft and two of the attachmemt accesories this past summer, but never even unpacked them until today. The tiller attachment is still boxed, likely til next year, but today I assembled the main unit with the sidewalk edger and took her out for a spin!

Man, this thing works great. I did about 250 feet of edging out front today and some of it was overgrown from the last time I did it 3 years ago or so with my very old Black & Decker Edge Hog which is electric and had its issues with jamming up with soil and grass if the soil was too moist.

……TRUNCATED

Quite happy with the nice trim look of my driveway and sidewalks.

I found a 10% off so I will probably pull the trigger on this today or tomorrow. thanks for the review.

Let us know what you think Kurt once you get it and use it. Did you already have the main Power Shaft Unit? Is your’s the gas version?

I will be getting the 36 v power unit and the string trimmer head. I saw they had 2 options, one with a fixed shaft and one with the split shaft. I figured to go with the split just to have more options down the road. I mam sick of gas units not working after a year or two. The promo I found was 10% off and t extra batteries so that does not seem to bad. It will give me a huge stack of batteries. It sounds like you have the unit with the detachable head also.

I already had the 13in weeder all-in-one unit, but wanted the power shaft for the other accessories I could use. The weed whacker is by far the best trimmer I’ve ever owned.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

On the weekend I ordered a Makita DGD801Z 18V LXT 1/4″ Die Grinder.

What do you have planned for it? Was it a good deal, and where did you get it? I’ve been pondering getting one for a long time. Sure beats a dinky Dremel.

I am basically replacing my pneumatic one. I don’t much as my bigger air compressor is too small too use it.
    I felt it was a good deal. I got from the Big A with $20 off coupon.

Greg

CB
    Pro

I bought the Makita dual 18V (36V) Power Shaft…

I know @cb (et al) might be interested and are Makita 18V owners that may want to get this.

I already have 2 of those same power heads, with 3 attachments. I’ve had them for about 8 months now. I opened them the day they arrived and put ’em right to work.

I don’t futz around interchanging attachments… I just grab and go, stop and drop. The advantage of the power head system to me was that I could buy a four stroke gasoline power head if needed for more power.

Thus far, the Makita LXT x2 36v batteries have had enough power to do the job, quieter, safer, and more reliably than my previous experience with petrol powered OPE.

Yes, there may be some day when I might spring for more attachments, and that is another distinct advantage of the interchangeable power head system.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Doobie

Makita DGD801Z

What $20 off coupon?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Makita DGD801Z

What $20 off coupon?

It was $20 coupon you click when buying the the tool.

Greg

Doobie

Makita DGD801Z

What $20 off coupon?

I don’t see one. But maybe I already used mine up ages ago and it won’t let me use more than once.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Makita DGD801Z

What $20 off coupon?

I don’t see one. But maybe I already used mine up ages ago and it won’t let me use more than once.

I don’t see one now either. I am not sure how it works. I know I got $20 coupon when I bought it.

Greg

Doobie

Received my pole chain saw and power sweeper attachments today for my Makita power shaft. I might order the bristled power sweeper too at some point.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Makita XRM09B Job Site Radio Knows Its Limits and Rain Isn’t One of Them

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/radios/makita-xrm09b-cordless-bluetooth-job-site-radio/50469/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=hustlers_gie_2019_showcase_plus_our_latest_giveaway_and_more&utm_term=2019-10-31

Looks like a nice little compact radio , I wonder if bosch will be coming out with another style eventually. I mean I love the two of them I have ,

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Makita Vs Metabo HPT Impact Driver

https://www.protoolreviews.com/buying-guides/makita-vs-metabo-hpt-impact-driver-ptr-thursday-throwdown/50308/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=the_best_new_tools_from_gie_2019_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-10-28

That’s a nice review and I agree with the review. I do have and use on a daily basis both of those impacts.

Gee I see another one of my post got edited,,

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

https://www.protoolreviews.com/buying-guides/makita-vs-metabo-hpt-impact-driver-ptr-thursday-throwdown/50308/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=the_best_new_tools_from_gie_2019_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-10-28

That’s a nice review and I agree with the review. I do have and use on a daily basis both of those impacts.

I haven’t been on much this week, so I got to ask. Why are posts being edited? Power trip maybe?

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

I thought so also. Did you do it 🤔☺️

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Received my pole chain saw and power sweeper attachments today for my Makita power shaft. I might order the bristled power sweeper too at some point.

Is the pole saw telescopic? Also how long will it reach?

Greg

Doobie

No, the pole saw is not telescopic nor is the extender attachment I ordered also but wouldn’t be available til spring thru the retailer I tried to order it from. I may in fact need that extension sooner and simply order it thru another retailer that does still have it in stock. I’m not sure how much longer it would add in reach, but it looks like at least about 3 feet more or so.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

No, the pole saw is not telescopic nor is the extender attachment I ordered also but wouldn’t be available til spring thru the retailer I tried to order it from. I may in fact need that extension sooner and simply order it thru another retailer that does still have it in stock. I’m not sure how much longer it would add in reach, but it looks like at least about 3 feet more or so.

I did not know this. That is too bad you didn’t get extender attachment. I know electric pole saw reaches just over 8ft.

Greg

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Looks to me an interesting pole saw to use. Would be interested to see how it performs when you do get to use it, particularly whether the powershaft body with the pole saw fully extended with the attachment is still easy to handle, or does it require you to move a bit closer to the front side of the saw to keep a better balance, especially if you are on a ladder trying to reach a higher branch. Also how easy is it to remove/attach the extender piece if you are standing on a crotch of a tree trying to lengthen or shorten the saw holding three pieces at the same time.

I see the advantage of the powershaft system with multiple heads speak to it’s versatility and “stickness” on progressively being able to get more functionalities on your investment on the shaft and battery platform.

Yet I also see the convenience of pole saws that seems to have been optimized as a chainsaw in terms of telescoping poles, mid mounted motor to help with balance, and on some of the electric model, the ability to switch between a pole saw and a regular chainsaw by designing them in a modular fashion allowing the middle pole to be completely eliminated.

Hope all these plusses can merge together in one place one brand soon.

But then again, if a chainsaw drone is available while I control the saw 30′ high using my cell phone while drinking coffee indoors, why would one need a pole at all?

Doobie

I did not know this. That is too bad you didn’t get extender attachment. I know electric pole saw reaches just over 8ft.

The inner drive shafts are basically fixed rods. I can’t see how they could make one that would be telescopic and it not be much more expensive or simply prone to premature failure.

Viewing 20 posts - 841 through 860 (of 892 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.606 seconds