dcsimg

#2 TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 982 total)
  • Author
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Makita offers a variety of powerful and lightweight cordless solutions for increasing productivity when applying caulking, construction adhesives and more.

https://mailchi.mp/makitausa/cordless-caulking-power?e=080687da09

I’ve been on the fence with the 18voltcaulk-glue gun for a long time.. Every time I need one I still don’t have it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Makita offers a variety of powerful and lightweight cordless solutions for increasing productivity when applying caulking, construction adhesives and more.

I’ve been on the fence with the 18voltcaulk-glue gun for a long time.. Every time I need one I still don’t have it.

I have a 15+ years old Ridgid caulk gun. Handles both small and large tubes. Don’t use it often, but man, when you’ve got tubes and tubes to lay down, it is the bomb! One of the main reasons I kept my Ridgid 18V battery platform alive to this day.

But today, it was my Makita 18V concrete vibrator in use. Made a funky pier for a new lamp post stand set up that much easier. It’s become one of my favorite tools.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have the Makita 18 V caulk gun. I originally bought it when we were building a SIP house and had hundreds of feet of bead to lay down. We went through 4 or 6 cases of sausage packs on that job. It was so handy that when I found a good deal on the conversion to handle Quart tubes, I added that. We use it a lot for acoustical sealant and subfloor adhesive. I do not have the 11 oz. attachment, we don’t use them a lot other than on sidings and there we need a more controlled bead than we can get from the powered guns. I am sold on them for the quart tubes and sausage packs however.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have the Makita 18 V caulk gun. I originally bought it when we were building a SIP house and had hundreds of feet of bead to lay down. We went through 4 or 6 cases of sausage packs on that job. It was so handy that when I found a good deal on the conversion to handle Quart tubes, I added that. We use it a lot for acoustical sealant and subfloor adhesive. I do not have the 11 oz. attachment, we don’t use them a lot other than on sidings and there we need a more controlled bead than we can get from the powered guns. I am sold on them for the quart tubes and sausage packs however.

I had no idea there was a conversion kit. So you have one motor and 2 different holders for the tubes?

Dirty

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Problem is it never goes on sale like some of their other tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I had no idea there was a conversion kit. So you have one motor and 2 different holders for the tubes?

yes, I bought it as the sausage pac gun and then found a kit for about $50 to be able to use it with the quart tubes. It is nice to be able to switch back and forth and not have two complete tools.

Thanks Bill sent this out to the leadhand of the maintenance guys , he said they were going to order a few of them , they use Makita tools in that department.

CB
    Pro

Makita Lawn Mower Takes Home 1st-Place for Battery-Powered Mowers

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/outdoor-equipment/makita-cordless-lawn-mower-review-xml03pt1/47903/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dewalts_12v_brushless_line_lights_up_the_competition_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-08-19

It’s definitely a nice looking lawnmower , the only thing that I would have liked to see is a 21 inch
    Great to be able to use the same batteries as the power tools though.

An OMT of mine seems to have grown legs and walked off the job.

In shopping for a replacement, I turned to Makita’s website, to see what would work with the 16 LXT batteries that I already have floating around. (Or at least think I have… some of those could have walked off the job too.)

From time to time, I check out the press releases to see what’s new, and found this:

18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 21” Self-Propelled Lawn Mower (XML08): Self-propelled with a full 21” cutting diameter

18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 21” Lawn Mower (XML07): A full 21” cutting diameter

18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 18” Self-Propelled Lawn Mower (XML06): Self-propelled with a full 18” cutting diameter

I don’t have need for a lawn more, but I was reminded of this thread, and of the disappointment that some had expressed at Makita not having a 21″ cutting capacity, as well as the discussion thereafter postulating as to why.

Initially, I returned to this thread to say that “I guess I was wrong”… referencing my math at the tremendous amount of additional power required to extend the blade just 3 more inches.

But then I read the description of the new products more carefully. Makita’s 3 new lawnmowers are FOUR (4) battery machines. Therefore, they carry twice the current capacity of the 2 battery steel deck 18″ mower introduced earlier this year. So I guess I was right after all.

What can be potentially confusing is that if one were to purchase the 18″ steel deck mower introduced earlier this summer in kit form, one would receive 4 batteries. But that earlier 18″ mower only uses 2 batteries at a time.

On the other hand, Makita’s three newest mowers announced today, two of which 21″ models, and two of which are self propelled, utilize 4 batteries at once… which overcomes the previous short fall in available battery power that likely limited the earlier released 2 battery model to just 18″.

Since some folks on this thread pined for 21″ mowers, it seemed like this news would be of some general interest here.

In the meantime, I sort of pine for the Bosch Starlock blade system in an OMT, but will settle for a Makita, due to the battery commitment already made, even though Bosch’s Core18volt battery system already offers the higher energy density 21700 cells that Makita will not deliver until their new XGT battery platform comes to North America, which is about a year away for the USA, and not likely ever to arrive in my tool truck.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Makita Lawn Mower Takes Home 1st-Place for Battery-Powered Mowers

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/outdoor-equipment/makita-cordless-lawn-mower-review-xml03pt1/47903/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dewalts_12v_brushless_line_lights_up_the_competition_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-08-19

It’s definitely a nice looking lawnmower , the only thing that I would have liked to see is a 21 inch
    Great to be able to use the same batteries as the power tools though.

An OMT of mine seems to have grown legs and walked off the job.

In shopping for a replacement, I turned to Makita’s website, to see what would work with the 16 LXT batteries that I already have floating around. (Or at least think I have… some of those could have walked off the job too.)

From time to time, I check out the press releases to see what’s new, and found this:

18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 21” <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>Self-Propelled Lawn Mower (XML08): Self-propelled with a <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>full 21” cutting diameter

18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 21” Lawn Mower (XML07): A <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>full 21” cutting diameter

18V X2 LXT (36V) Brushless 18” <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>Self-Propelled Lawn Mower (XML06): Self-propelled with a full 18” cutting diameter

I don’t have need for a lawn more, but I was reminded of this thread, and of the disappointment that some had expressed at Makita not having a 21″ cutting capacity, as well as the discussion thereafter postulating as to why.

Initially, I returned to this thread to say that “I guess I was wrong”… referencing my math at the tremendous amount of additional power required to extend the blade just 3 more inches.

But then I read the description of the new products more carefully. Makita’s 3 new lawnmowers are <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>FOUR (4) battery machines. Therefore, they carry twice the current capacity of the 2 battery steel deck 18″ mower introduced earlier this year. So I guess I was right after all.

What can be potentially confusing is that if one were to purchase the 18″ steel deck mower introduced earlier this summer in kit form, one would receive 4 batteries. But that earlier 18″ mower only uses 2 batteries at a time.

On the other hand, Makita’s three newest mowers announced today, two of which 21″ models, and two of which are self propelled, <strong class=”d4pbbc-bold”>utilize 4 batteries at once… which overcomes the previous short fall in available battery power that likely limited the earlier released 2 battery model to just 18″.

Since some folks on this thread pined for 21″ mowers, it seemed like this news would be of some general interest here.

In the meantime, I sort of pine for the Bosch Starlock blade system in an OMT, but will settle for a Makita, due to the battery commitment already made, even though Bosch’s Core18volt battery system already offers the higher energy density 21700 cells that Makita will not deliver until their new XGT battery platform comes to North America, which is about a year away for the USA, and not likely ever to arrive in my tool truck.

To bad about your omt walking off the job lol ,
    So they are putting out more mowers , that’s going to be great for some people.

Thanks for the update.
    Good luck on your new omt

Doobie

In the meantime, I sort of pine for the Bosch Starlock blade system in an OMT, but will settle for a Makita,……

I’m really liking that Starlock system. It’s the easiest so far for blade accessory changes. Used mine a few days ago with the hook blade to deal with some shingle cutting. Man was that easy.

Doobie

I bought the Makita dual 18V (36V) Power Shaft and two of the attachmemt accesories this past summer, but never even unpacked them until today. The tiller attachment is still boxed, likely til next year, but today I assembled the main unit with the sidewalk edger and took her out for a spin!

Man, this thing works great. I did about 250 feet of edging out front today and some of it was overgrown from the last time I did it 3 years ago or so with my very old Black & Decker Edge Hog which is electric and had its issues with jamming up with soil and grass if the soil was too moist.

In using this kind or tool, both the B&D and my new Makita edge trimmers recommend the soil be moist. The B&D though, it was a tricky endeavor finding that sweet spot in soil moisture whereby it didn’t just simply just kept on getting all crudded up if the soil was too moist. It just rained the last 2 days here good and heavy and I know the B&D wouldn’t have been able to handle it, but the Makita just flew thru this although where I was hogging into up to 3 inches of cut near the end of it all, it did overheat on rabbit speed and shut down, so I just left it to cool for 10 minutes and it was fine moving forward from then on to finish the job. The shoulders along my driveway are pretty high in some areas.

The physical diffs between the B&D and the Makita are markedly different. The B&D has an itsy bitsy travel wheel, and the blade is more like a weird circ saw blade of no great kerf thickness. It’s body and blade shroud cover are plastic and while you can flip it open to uncrud it, it’s a PITA nonetheless and often you are doing this multiple times during a job.

The Makita has a pretty big open really solid metal housing shroud that should never get crudded during use and the blade is significantly more robust. It’s whole head is much larger and you can really move with it.

The B&D is a much slower process and is prone to all sorts of directional corrections while edging along. This Makita edge trimmer was originally designed for the gas powered Power Shaft, but it does work on the cordless Power Shaft also although not all retailers recognize that. (Model in Canada EE400MP. USA edge trimmer attachment may have a different model number,)

I know @CB, @Miamicuse, @DirtyWhiteBoy @kurtwelkershomes and maybe also @Gtokley might be interested and are Makita 18V owners that may want to get this.

Future attachment acessories for the power shaft under consideration to get are the long reach chain saw and the rubber flapped power sweep.

Link to B&D Edge Hog.

https://www.blackanddecker.com/products/lawn-and-garden/lawn/lawn-edgers/12-amp-2in1-landscape-edger-and-trencher/le750

Can’t believe they still make it. I bought mine close to 20 years ago and it has a full blade guard versus the newer design with an open cover and the wheels seem bigger too. But being corded, it’s a deterent to use never mind the aforementioned other usage issues I mentioned. The blade and capability look no diff than my antique rendition of it.

Here’s the link to the Makita edge trimmer. Looks like it is the same model number in the US as Canada. Most Makita stuff isn’t up here.

https://www.makitatools.com/products/details/EE400MP

I took all the clumps of what were dirt and packed them around my lamp post install which still needed some back filling. Most of the crap otherwise was just blown away using my Makita blower and what was still stuck ended up getting the end of an old straw broom to dislodge.

Quite happy with the nice trim look of my driveway and sidewalks.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Makita Vs Metabo HPT Impact Driver

https://www.protoolreviews.com/buying-guides/makita-vs-metabo-hpt-impact-driver-ptr-thursday-throwdown/50308/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=the_best_new_tools_from_gie_2019_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-10-28

That Hitachi looks nice , I am waiting for the Bosch new circular saw to come out , but I’ve seen yesterday that a few places here have the Hitachi at a reasonable price , plus giving a 36 volt battery and charger , very tempting.

Doobie

Just went and ordered the SW400MP Power Sweep, the EY401MP Pole Chain Saw Attachment along with its extender shaft LE400MP Extension Shaft for my Makita Split Power Shaft system.

I used the Stihl version of the power sweeper this summer, and I really liked it and can see using this lots.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I bought the Makita dual 18V (36V) Power Shaft and two of the attachmemt accesories this past summer, but never even unpacked them until today. The tiller attachment is still boxed, likely til next year, but today I assembled the main unit with the sidewalk edger and took her out for a spin!

Man, this thing works great. I did about 250 feet of edging out front today and some of it was overgrown from the last time I did it 3 years ago or so with my very old Black & Decker Edge Hog which is electric and had its issues with jamming up with soil and grass if the soil was too moist.

In using this kind or tool, both the B&D and my new Makita edge trimmers recommend the soil be moist. The B&D though, it was a tricky endeavor finding that sweet spot in soil moisture whereby it didn’t just simply just kept on getting all crudded up if the soil was too moist. It just rained the last 2 days here good and heavy and I know the B&D wouldn’t have been able to handle it, but the Makita just flew thru this although where I was hogging into up to 3 inches of cut near the end of it all, it did overheat on rabbit speed and shut down, so I just left it to cool for 10 minutes and it was fine moving forward from then on to finish the job. The shoulders along my driveway are pretty high in some areas.

The physical diffs between the B&D and the Makita are markedly different. The B&D has an itsy bitsy travel wheel, and the blade is more like a weird circ saw blade of no great kerf thickness. It’s body and blade shroud cover are plastic and while you can flip it open to uncrud it, it’s a PITA nonetheless and often you are doing this multiple times during a job.

The Makita has a pretty big open really solid metal housing shroud that should never get crudded during use and the blade is significantly more robust. It’s whole head is much larger and you can really move with it.

The B&D is a much slower process and is prone to all sorts of directional corrections while edging along. This Makita edge trimmer was originally designed for the gas powered Power Shaft, but it does work on the cordless Power Shaft also although not all retailers recognize that. (Model in Canada EE400MP. USA edge trimmer attachment may have a different model number,)

I know @cb, @miamicuse, @dirtywhiteboy @kurtwelkershomes and maybe also @gtokley might be interested and are Makita 18V owners that may want to get this.

Future attachment acessories for the power shaft under consideration to get are the long reach chain saw and the rubber flapped power sweep.

Link to B&D Edge Hog.

https://www.blackanddecker.com/products/lawn-and-garden/lawn/lawn-edgers/12-amp-2in1-landscape-edger-and-trencher/le750

Can’t believe they still make it. I bought mine close to 20 years ago and it has a full blade guard versus the newer design with an open cover and the wheels seem bigger too. But being corded, it’s a deterent to use never mind the aforementioned other usage issues I mentioned. The blade and capability look no diff than my antique rendition of it.

Here’s the link to the Makita edge trimmer. Looks like it is the same model number in the US as Canada. Most Makita stuff isn’t up here.

I took all the clumps of what were dirt and packed them around my lamp post install which still needed some back filling. Most of the crap otherwise was just blown away using my Makita blower and what was still stuck ended up getting the end of an old straw broom to dislodge.

Thanks Kevin for thinking of me. I would like to have Makita Power shaft. I really don’t have alot use for one right. Plus I don’t have the extra cash to spend right now.

Just went and ordered the SW400MP Power Sweep, the EY401MP Pole Chain Saw Attachment along with its extender shaft LE400MP Extension Shaft for my Makita Split Power Shaft system.

I used the Stihl version of the power sweeper this summer, and I really liked it and can see using this lots.

Congrats on your new purchase.

On the weekend I ordered a Makita DGD801Z 18V LXT 1/4″ Die Grinder.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

Doobie

On the weekend I ordered a Makita DGD801Z 18V LXT 1/4″ Die Grinder.

What do you have planned for it? Was it a good deal, and where did you get it? I’ve been pondering getting one for a long time. Sure beats a dinky Dremel.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Makita Vs Metabo HPT Impact Driver

https://www.protoolreviews.com/buying-guides/makita-vs-metabo-hpt-impact-driver-ptr-thursday-throwdown/50308/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=the_best_new_tools_from_gie_2019_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-10-28

That’s a nice review and I agree with the review. I do have and use on a daily basis both of those impacts.

Dirty

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I know @cb, @miamicuse, @dirtywhiteboy @kurtwelkershomes and maybe also @gtokley might be interested and are Makita 18V owners that may want to get this.

Link to B&D Edge Hog.

I found a 10% off so I will probably pull the trigger on this today or tomorrow. thanks for the review.

Doobie

I found a 10% off so I will probably pull the trigger on this today or tomorrow. thanks for the review.

No prob Kurt.

Just got a call from the online retailer that the pole extension for the chain saw won’t be available til next spring according to Makita Canada. No biggee, I’ll just wait til then to get it.

Doobie

……TRUNCATED

Let us know what you think Kurt once you get it and use it. Did you already have the main Power Shaft Unit? Is your’s the gas version?

Viewing 20 posts - 821 through 840 (of 982 total)
  • The topic ‘#2 TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS’ is closed to new replies.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.717 seconds