dcsimg

#2 TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 892 total)
  • Author
    Doobie

The Best part is that the noise level is huge difference from gas

That’s what I do miss from a battery model, they are relatively noiseless.

Not sure if this will work I’m trying to attach a video

Guess it didn’t work

What kind of video?

Ah just a little clip of me cutting my lawyer with the Ego mower , nothing you can’t see on YouTube.

I dunno, not a lot of lawyer mower chop up videos I know of. You must really hate your lawyer.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

CB wrote:
    Boschmanbrian wrote:
    theamcguy wrote:
    Makita Lawn Mower Takes Home 1st-Place for Battery-Powered Mowers

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/outdoor-equipment/makita-cordless-lawn-mower-review-xml03pt1/47903/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=dewalts_12v_brushless_line_lights_up_the_competition_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-08-19

It’s definitely a nice looking lawnmower , the only thing that I would have liked to see is a 21 inch
    Great to be able to use the same batteries as the power tools though.

To go from an 18″ blade to a 21″ blade is only about a 16% increase in length, that yet requires about 85% more power to turn at the same rpm. (21/18 = 1.1666667 to the 4th power = 1.85 times the power required to turn the blade). And that is just in still air.

Now to calculate the resistance presented by that much more grass that is in the cutting swath of the longer blade is a basic πr^2 comparison. Since the radius is squared, there again is another exponential increase in resistance presented by the larger area of grass for an incremental increase in blade diameter.

When stopping for a moment to consider the fact that Makita WON the lawnmower comparison battle linked above against 24 different lawnmore models tested, some with 25″ decks, nevermind 21″, some running 80 volts, nevermind 40 volts, some sporting two blades… and Makita’s little 18″, 18Vx2 mower eclipsed them all… that says something very interesting about Makita.

What it says to me is that Makita’s tool design locus isn’t about marketing one upmanship to sell tools. It isn’t about claiming the highest voltage or the biggest deck. Size doesn’t matter… it’s how you use it… or how the tool is actually used.

True useability is not resolved by a single, or a simple metric. Rather than focusing on matching simpler to market claims, Makita focuses on actual in use performance. I’ve noticed this with several different tools.

One must admit… it took a lot of courage to stick with 18 volt batteries while other tool makers, especially in the emerging OPE market, claim 40v, 56v, and 80v battery packs. A new consumer, considering battery powered OPE for the first time, is naturally going to assume that more voltage means better performance… or a larger cutting swath means less time.

But it isn’t less time if it takes an additional battery swap, versus walking across the lawn one more time. The difference between 9 passes versus 10 passes is less cumbersome than having to stop and change batteries.

I prefer engineering that focuses on actual use, not on single metric claims that sucker people in to buy the product. When you think about it, the latter is all that is really necessary to meet quarterly sales quotas. But the former is needed to become a tool brand of choice for the long haul.

That’s one of the reasons I opted for Ego , even though they aren’t making power tools that I can swap out batteries ,
    I can easily cut my lawn twice on a single charge it’s actually 2 and three quarters , but when I purchase the string trimmer and hedger with extra batteries , I will probably be able to go for a month without charging my batteries ,
    Even though it’s not a Makita or Bosch , I’m extremely happy with the purchase ,

I would really like to get battery powered lawn mower. Just not right now. If I did got one would it would be Makita. As I already have the Makita weedeater & blower. The smaller size mower isn’t deal breaker for me. My lawn is small anyways. We are planning on moving in a year or so. So my size of lawn might change. I just might need riding lawnmower.

Greg

Doobie

If my gas mower died tomorrow I’d consider getting a Makita now. At least the 18 inch. I have a 21 inch mower with a SS deck and a Honda motor on it, and it’s trouble free. It replaced a Toro cordless mower I bought when we moved into our house 19 years ago.

The Toro didn’t have what seems prevalent now with removable batteries you could just maybe use also on other tools or equipment like companies like Makita offer. The Toro I had had a liquid 28V battery built into it IIRC that would last 3 years or so. The first battery on the Toro pooched out just a month or two before the 3 year warranty expired and I got it replaced at no charge under warranty.

Later on in its life, in and around the 7 year mark, that free replacement from the first time the battery died was gonna run me $300 to replace, so I bought a gas instead at Costco which is my present mower that also has variable speed drive and those huge rear wheels. It’s still a pleasure to use and I don’t change the oil and air filter like I really should. In fact, I think I shamefully went almost 5 years before giving it its first oil and filter change, yet it runs beautifully and still starts on the first pull.

Guess it didn’t work

What kind of video?

Ah just a little clip of me cutting my lawyer with the Ego mower , nothing you can’t see on YouTube.

I dunno, not a lot of lawyer mower chop up videos I know of. You must really hate your lawyer.

Yeah a real jerk 😂🤣 😂😂😂 darn typo lol obviously it’s supposed to be lawn

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

MAKITA 18-volt X2 [36V] 12 Inch Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound XSl06PT

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”MAKITA 18-volt X2 [36V] 12 Inch Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound XSl06PT” width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/7PioBoTGkQo?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

That looks like a good saw
    Those liNear bearings definitely make for a smooth sliding saw
    Nice set up with the cordless Bluetooth vac. Thanks for the video Bill

Doobie

Guess it didn’t work

What kind of video?

Yeah a real jerk …..darn typo lol obviously it’s supposed to be lawn

Lol! 😂

CB
    Pro

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe title=”MAKITA 18-volt X2 [36V] 12 Inch Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound XSl06PT” src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/7PioBoTGkQo?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=”” width=”770″ height=”433″ frameborder=”0″></iframe></figure>

Rob Robillard has come a long way since the days when he was an active member of BeThePro forums.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am holding out for AI garden tools. I want to control my mower with my phone while I sip a mint julep. I want a flying chainsaw to cut branches 30′ high, and yes, to slice a lawyer or two across their waists.

Doobie

I am holding out for AI garden tools. I want to control my mower with my phone while I sip a mint julep. I want a flying chainsaw to cut branches 30′ high, and yes, to slice a lawyer or two across their waists.

I had that happen when I took some peyote once. Subsequent efforts never manifested as such.

😉

I had that happen when I took some peyote once. Subsequent efforts never manifested as such.

😉

LoL maybe I was onto something interesting here.

CB
    Pro

Makita is getting there… AI vacuum:

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

I’ve seen that before , I wonder how much it can pick up , does it sense when it’s full and return to the base , does it have a base.
    I wonder if it’s going to get jammed up with little pieces of wood from pallets.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I’ve seen that before , I wonder how much it can pick up , does it sense when it’s full and return to the base , does it have a base.
    I wonder if it’s going to get jammed up with little pieces of wood from pallets.

I don’t think this type of vacuum would last long where I work. Do too the sugar dust and chucks of wood from pallets. I am also sure somebody would also run over it.

Greg

Doobie

Wait til the best vac companies start coming out with these style of vacs for either types. That’s why I’m stayin’ on the sidelines still.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Makita’s Flagship Cordless Miter Saw Gets a Size Upgrade

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/saws-cordless/makita-cordless-12-inch-miter-saw-options-are-here/45564/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=makita_cordless_miter_saw_bulks_up_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-09-02

Geeze incredible what they can achieve with cordless today , I’ve been seeing good things about this saw.
    Looks like a good design.

I don’t know about this one, but some of them return to the charging station when they get low. Now if they could program one to empty itself at a certain location that would be cool. Also have an extra battery at the charge location and the ability to swap them itself, the thing could go on forever, or until it breaks.

My You Tube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA5AretE3xPoVDV61AxUdUA

I don't do a fast job. I don't do a slow job. I do a half fast job.

Doobie

Makita’s Flagship Cordless Miter Saw Gets a Size Upgrade

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/saws-cordless/makita-cordless-12-inch-miter-saw-options-are-here/45564/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=makita_cordless_miter_saw_bulks_up_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-09-02

It says a lot that they state it is their fvorite even compared to corded miter saws. Lots of great features.

Now, if they can only start making these bigger saws with 20 lbs less weight. That’s probably the next evolution in miter saws.

I don’t know about this one, but some of them return to the charging station when they get low. Now if they could program one to empty itself at a certain location that would be cool. Also have an extra battery at the charge location and the ability to swap them itself, the thing could go on forever, or until it breaks.

Yeah this one I believe uses two of 18 volt batteries
    I believe those rumba ones have internal batteries
    That would be a great idea to have it be able to dump the content once it’s full.

Viewing 20 posts - 741 through 760 (of 892 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 2.229 seconds