dcsimg

#2 TEAL TIME,,Lastest MAKITA TOOLS

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 892 total)
  • Author

@CB yeah I can see why you opted out of the stapler at that price.
    I only have two an old arrow hand squeeze and the typical Stanley hammer stapler
    I don’t do nearly as much as you probably do to justify buying a cordless model.
    I’m sure they have a huge improvement in all aspects of the tools. Especially in accuracy compared to the hammer style

Doobie

When is Makita gonna stop?

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/drills-drivers-cordless/makita-18v-cordless-mixer-xtu02/46397/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cordless_makita_mixer_drops_the_weight_plus_our_latest_giveaway_and_more&utm_term=2019-08-01

It just keeps coming. I think they must have hired Santa’s elves during Santa’s off-season.

Yup , one of the nice features is the battery cover , great idea to keep it clean and dry.

Doobie

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/drills-drivers-cordless/makita-18v-cordless-mixer-xtu02/46397/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cordless_makita_mixer_drops_the_weight_plus_our_latest_giveaway_and_more&utm_term=2019-08-01

It just keeps coming. I think they must have hired Santa’s elves during Santa’s off-season.

Yup , one of the nice features is the battery cover , great idea to keep it clean and dry.

My concrete vibrator I have of theirs is set up that way also and so is my powered wheelbarrow/carrier.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

My concrete vibrator I have of theirs is set up that way also and so is my powered wheelbarrow/carrier.

I remember seeing it on the wheel barrel
    I think it’s a great idea
    Keeping the battery and slot clean.

Doobie

@gtokley

Hey Greg, I stopped by the Makita service center today and picked up the line to refill our trimmers. Apparently, it’s a newer style that is a twist type line and is supposed to be even stronger than their regular line which I thought was pretty good to begin with that came pre-loaded with the trimmer. Not sure if you can see the twist in the line in the pic below. It retails for $20, but you could probably find it cheaper out there thru authorized retailers. The guy gave me a 15% discount.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@gtokley

Hey Greg, I stopped by the Makita service center today and picked up the line to refill our trimmers. Apparently, it’s a newer style that is a twist type line and is supposed to be even stronger than their regular line which I thought was pretty good to begin with that came pre-loaded with the trimmer. Not sure if you can see the twist in the line in the pic below. It retails for $20, but you could probably find it cheaper out there thru authorized retailers. The guy gave me a 15% discount.

I can see the twist in the line. That is pretty interesting that it is stronger. I am not sure if there is any authorized retailers near me. I will have too check. Thanks for letting me know.

Greg

Doobie

@gtokley

I can see the twist in the line. That is pretty interesting that it is stronger. I am not sure if there is any authorized retailers near me. I will have too check. Thanks for letting me know.

You could probably find them online somewhere also, or just ask an authorized retailer to order them in. Most places are good for that, but watch what they may want to charge for them.

CB
    Pro

That tool was already posted about on the BTP forums some three months ago, back in May.

Of late the only time I haul out the red half inch hole shooter magnum is when I’m mixing thinset, mortar, mud, or paint.

Looks like Makita has got a cordless app for that line of duty too…

1/2″ chuck, high torque, low speed… pretty much like my 30 year old Milwaukee Magnum Hole Shooter… only without a cord.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

Doobie

Was over at Princess Auto yesterday and saw they had some more Makita jobsite radios for sale. These are refurbed US radios that PA buys from the US and import for sale to their chain of stores here in Canada along with a whole bunch of other Makita refurbed USA models of tools and such and they are NOT covered under warranty here in Canada per what Makita has told me. The warranty issue doesn’t bother me.

Nonetheless, these are nice radios. What I like is the nice fold away carry handle, that they have 5 station presets you can set up which is really all I need, their AM/FM reception which is better imo than the Bosch radios, the water resistancy rating against rain, and how much lighter they are to haul around than my big Bosch PB360s and still have decent sound.

While this one came with a 12V power pack to plug in the wall which my first one I bought that has BT didn’t which cost me $25 at the Makita service center near me I had to buy, I’m on the fence whether I will keep it or not. It was $80 taxes in, and it’s not so much that it doesn’t have BT like my first one does that I also bought as a USA model from PA earlier this year, but it’s white. Not sure I want it in white strange to say.

I don’t even really care that it is not a BT model. It also doesn’t have a fold away/tuck to the side antenna. Just a straight vertical screw on antenna that is easily removable that has it’s own little storage compartment in the inner casing of the body where one has the battery and can also store the 12V transformer in as well.

I dunno, still pondering this one. I still want a 2nd Makita radio of this type as wifey and I have been using my existing one a lot set up in the kitchen, but I’m just on the fence on this older model. Gonna compare it for sound quality against my older one later today. Everybody is still sleeping in the house right now.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@gtokley

You could probably find them online somewhere also, or just ask an authorized retailer to order them in. Most places are good for that, but watch what they may want to charge for them.

I will check online also. I will have see what my best option is for the best price.

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

NC temps in the low 90s but really cloudy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Track and Circular Saws Collide with the New Makita Circular Saw

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/saws-cordless/makita-xsh08-18v-x2-brushless-circular-saw/45460/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=track_ready_circular_saw_combines_best_of_both_worlds_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-08-05

Smart idea having it use the existing Makita rails.
    I like the cast base on a circular saw compared to the stamped steel

the Makita rrear handle circular saw I just got does ont have the rail connection. I wonder if a replacement shoe will be available to allow it to work with the rails.

Track and Circular Saws Collide with the New Makita Circular Saw

https://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/saws-cordless/makita-xsh08-18v-x2-brushless-circular-saw/45460/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=track_ready_circular_saw_combines_best_of_both_worlds_plus_the_latest_news_and_reviews_for_pros&utm_term=2019-08-05

Smart idea having it use the existing Makita rails.
    I like the cast base on a circular saw compared to the stamped steel

the Makita rrear handle circular saw I just got does ont have the rail connection. I wonder if a replacement shoe will be available to allow it to work with the rails.

I wonder , or is it something to do with the placement of the handle way back that could possibly move the tracks slightly to throw off the cuts. I don’t know I’ve never used the Makita rear handle . Just a typical wormdrive saws.
    If it’s not a problem , that would be great if they did make an update on the base.

Doobie

@gtokley

I will check online also. I will have see what my best option is for the best price.

Hey Greg – @Gtokley

OK, just so you know, the SKU number on the product I bought at the Makita service center is out there obviously, but according to Mississauga Hardware when I asked them whether they carried it, they said they could order it for me, but that that SKU number has been discontinued (197472-9) and has been replaced with SKU number T-03551.

I paid $20 for mine at the service center in Whitby last week, but MH says they would only charge $10.99 for it. I had them order one for me and they will add it to my next order with them which will probably be soon.

Being unsure whether it is in fact the same line with a new SKU #, I just called Makita Canada and asked them if both SKUs are in fact the same item, which they confirmed it is.

I just checked their website at MH and they do not list either of those SKUs, so you either have to text from their site to get them to order one for you, or call them as well.

Just thought you might want to know.

CB
    Pro

I tried to buy the XSH08 (blade right track compatible circular saw) over a month ago, and Makita did not even have a sample to show on their Driving Innovation Tour company truck.

The previous iteration of this saw is the XSH07, which like all other previous iterations of 36v blade right sidewinders discussed below, does not have a track compatible base. But the 07 does have AWS (Automatic Wireless Start for operation of dust control simultaneous with saw trigger).

The previous iteration of the XSH07 is the XSH06, which is actually exactly like the XSH07, but lacks AWS.

The previous iteration of the XSH06 is the XSH01, which was Makita’s first 18Vx2 36v 7.25″ blade right sidewinder, that was updated by the XSH06. The 01 has a longer lever to pull back the blade guard. It was revised to a shorter lever in the 06 in order to better clear the dust shoot in the upper rear of the blade shroud. Battery placement and balance were tweaked in the 06 over the 01.

As said before, the 07 added AWS to the 06… which begs the question… why didn’t Makita keep the AWS in the newest 08? That’s like robbing Peter to pay Paul. It’s great that the 08 is track compatible, but why thrift out AWS at the same time?

I still have to use a corded blade right sidewinder, as I have no cordless version of that tool, which is useful for beveling sheets from a particular direction while keeping the good side facing down during the cut to minimize tooth tear out.

The more I use the rear handle blade left, and indeed, the more I use Makita tools in general, the more I want to “switch over” the rest of my tools onto this platform.

I don’t have an AWS dust collector, but by golly, if there is only a few dollars difference between the AWS version of a saw and the non AWS version, I’d just as soon get the AWS version, in case I ever do decide it might be worthwhile to give AWS a try where dust control is important.

I wonder if there will eventually be an “XSH09” model that will have both the track compatible base, and AWS? The lack of AWS on the new 08 seems like such an oversite, especially if the 08 is expected to serve as an adequate replacement for a track saw, all of which have dust collection.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can't Be The Pro... Be the Poster you'd want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

@gtokley

Hey Greg – @gtokley

OK, just so you know, the SKU number on the product I bought at the Makita service center is out there obviously, but according to Mississauga Hardware when I asked them whether they carried it, they said they could order it for me, but that that SKU number has been discontinued (197472-9) and has been replaced with SKU number T-03551.

I paid $20 for mine at the service center in Whitby last week, but MH says they would only charge $10.99 for it. I had them order one for me and they will add it to my next order with them which will probably be soon.

Being unsure whether it is in fact the same line with a new SKU #, I just called Makita Canada and asked them if both SKUs are in fact the same item, which they confirmed it is.

I just checked their website at MH and they do not list either of those SKUs, so you either have to text from their site to get them to order one for you, or call them as well.

Just thought you might want to know.

Wow that is a good deal Kevin! I will have look into thanks. Thanks for SKU number.

Greg

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 892 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 1.201 seconds