dcsimg

2.0 ah or 4.0 ah batteries for 18v drill and impact?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    KenW
    Pro

the L-Boxx 3 starter kit has caught my eye, but it comes with one 2.0 ah battery and one 4.0 ah.

I would say pick up the L box 3 starter kit with the two sized batteries, this way you get another charger incase you need it, plus you get another 4 ah for long-standing runtime.

I’ve never heard of an Lbox ‘3’ starter kit, Just the Lbox ‘1’…What do you get in the 3?

I had never heard of this option either. Lowes has it for $150. Not a bad price for a 2.0 & 4.0 battery, charger and L-Boxx 3.

Dabbs wrote:

I’ve never heard of an Lbox ‘3’ starter kit, Just the Lbox ‘1’…What do you get in the 3?

Model #: SKC181-303L
    Kit includes: 2 batteries (1 at 2.0-Ah and 1 at 4.0-Ah), 1 charger, and 1 L-Boxx 3
    Price: 149USD

Thanks Alex, I remember seeing it someplace, but couldn’t remember,

KenW
    Pro

I have the brushless impact hammer drill kit which came with two 2.0 batteries. I’ve not found anything the impact couldn’t do with the 2.0 battery. Would love to compare it with a 4.0 someday but don’t know if I’ll upgrade to one anytime soon.

Anonymous
    Inactive

@madman_us even better deal I got today 4 6.0 ah battery for 150$ and 2 wireless 4.0 ah for 69$ I feel like I just robbed a place

Anonymous
    Inactive

I love these even though I have like 18 battery these 6.0 ah are game changer

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

grats man…thats a amazing deal you got there. thats only $34 per 6ah battery (excluding shipping)

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I keep seeing those lots on eBay and thinking there has to be something wrong with those because they are so cheap.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I keep seeing those lots on eBay and thinking there has to be something wrong with those because they are so cheap.

A quick look shows that that seller has over 80 negatives on just the past month’s feedbacks, which is at least 10% of the total feedbacks he received in that period. Run!

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Yeah that’s the stuff that worries me I see some that they sell in the package. I saw a 6ah still in the package for like around 70 I would be more likely inclined to get one like that instead.

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

I have the brushless impact hammer drill kit which came with two 2.0 batteries. I’ve not found anything the impact couldn’t do with the 2.0 battery. Would love to compare it with a 4.0 someday but don’t know if I’ll upgrade to one anytime soon.

I used my impact and did a quick comparison with the 2.0 and 4.0 ah batteries this afternoon. I was tightening up some of the 6″ HeadLok bolts that I used to install the handrail posts on a set of stairs. Through a 4×4, through a solid 2×12 stringer and into a notched 2×12 stringer.

One of the bolts was hitting a stair tread screw or something in the wood and wouldn’t tighten any more with a 2.0 ah battery. I grabbed a 4.0 ah battery and it did manage to put another half turn on it, but the impacts were noticeably louder, faster, and more violent.

I don’t know that the larger batteries make a useful difference in power, but it would appear that they give the impact more guts.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I don’t know that the larger batteries make a useful difference in power, but it would appear that they give the impact more guts.

More amps are a measure of flow rate. Increasing the amps is like increasing the diameter of a pipe for more flow rate.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I didn’t think it would make any difference besides how long it lasts. I guess I should’ve paid more attention in school during science class when they were talking about amps and watts and stuff.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Don’t worry guys I’ll keep you guys updated when I get them I’m ebayking on these and @sparky603 I don’t know where do you see negative feedbacks but it’s ebay money back guarantee both sellers are legit and money doesn’t even leave my account as I used paypal pay after delivery so it’s legit count on that I’m ebay king with over 700 transaction and I never ever have any problem ever

Anonymous
    Inactive

@austin they never go less then 50 bucks each on bulk and cheapiest one is 65$ even authorized dealer have it on sale for 85$ so they drop down you can buy cheap stuff on ebay cuz warehouses sends them out and when you buy a bulk seller gets really cheap it’s all comman sense I buy a deal for 360 box of 1 5/8 sheetrock screw for 1.10 each 20 strips of screw for autofeedgun home depot sells it for over 35$ but I had to drive 50 miles away to pick it up from warehouse so it’s all about finding deals and I find that on ebay also was a 2 day sale for 40 pallet

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Yeah when I need some batteries I will probably get that deal then if you dont find any problems with them. Right now though my 4 4ah suffice me just fine

Anonymous
    Inactive

@Austin problem is that deal is gone now I’m always bidding on multiple items I got 2 4.0 wireless for 69 dollar and sgh182 with wireless battery charger 162$ I buy from that seller for 2 2.0 ah battery for 40 bucks so he sends the items no problem on that but they are deals only happens once in awhile gotta look for it at all times I even buy my car on ebay 🙂

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

I look on ebay for deals every day. I probably have bid against you on some things ha. @ozturkebrahem

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

More amps are a measure of flow rate. Increasing the amps is like increasing the diameter of a pipe for more flow rate.

True, but at some point the max power of the motor itself becomes the limiting factor, and more amps won’t help. A race car may make more power with a higher flow fuel pump if the motor is capable of burning the increased fuel. Eventually though a larger pump will deliver more fuel than the motor can burn and horsepower will not continue to increase.

We may see a power increase going from 2.0 ah to 4.0 ah batteries on an impact, but that doesn’t mean it will become even more powerful with 6.0 ah or 9.0 ah batteries. The higher capacity batteries will allow more powerful cordless tools to be created though.

utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

I really am looking forward to trying the 6.0Ah battery. Is that offered in wireless charging also? Being the same weight as the 4.0, I would like to skip getting any more 4.0’s. Congrats on your new Bosch goodies.

A Working Pro since 2004

Anonymous
    Inactive

@sparky603 I don’t know where do you see negative feedbacks

I searched for “4 Bosch 6.0 Amp”, from the title in the pic you posted. Found an auction ended March 5, with the same pic and winning bid. That seller, storehouseauctions, shows 80 negative feedbacks left just in the last month. If I have the seller wrong, sorry about that.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.586 seconds