dcsimg

2.0 ah or 4.0 ah batteries for 18v drill and impact?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

Go for one of the 6 ah batteries you’ll be able to run it all day

I go all day on the 4.0ah a lot of the times.

I throw the 4.0 on my Bosch Brushless impact for driving Tapcons and it’s perfect for the day. I can’t really say how many I’m driving as it varies. The other guys using the non brushless Dewalt impacts on site are constantly charging their 1.5Ah batteries. They are more worried about getting the other battery on the charger so they don’t get stuck without power. I don’t really have to worry about that.

I guess some guys that cry about the weight might like the smaller lighter batteries??? IDK

You actually see people cry over the weight of the battery ? 🙂 I think they have their place just like the rest of them .

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

On my impactor, if I use the thin batteries the belt hook sticks out past the battery and it falls over if I set it down. I prefer the bigger 4.0 anyway, besides lasting longer seems to pack more punch.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

my drill and impactor are equipped with the 4.0s for; like everyone mentioned a bit more power instead of running a smaller battery like a 2.0ah or 1.5ah.
    my current 2.0s are for emergency backup; when the 4.0s are running out of juice and the tools needs to keep going. Or even for running the radio.

I have never seen a sale on Bosch’s 4.0 Batteries.
    Just 2x 3.0ah @Lowes for $30 less than the regular price.

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

This week I’m gonna buy some batteries since I got couple deck jobs for the summer I can always use extra battery Im planing 4 6.0 and 2 4.0 wireless battery alone with wireless charger also was looking at the hightorque impactor 1/2 drive for next weeks tool purchase I may need to bolt some big nuts so high torque impact can become handy I have the idh182 but it has its limitations on big nuts

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

@ozturkebrahem
    did you find a good deal on those 6.0 batteries or are you gonna buy them for the regular price? I would not complain to have one or two of those bigger batteries myself.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

I find good deal on ebay it’s new batteries 4 of them is 220$ 6.0 and 2 wireless ones are 115$

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’m always bidding on some kind of tool on ebay at all times I’m trying to get the high torque impact with 2 batteries 4.0 around 215$ will see in next couple of days

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

I find good deal on ebay it’s new batteries 4 of them is 220$ 6.0 and 2 wireless ones are 115$

wow that sounds good.
    I have to start looking there too
    thanks for the hint

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I really like the 4.0 batteries and am trying to sell off the older 3.0ah batteries.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Anonymous
    Inactive

My 18v tools I buy for their power, and only own 4.0ah or higher for them. My 12v stuff I own for their compactness, and while I own plenty of 4.0’s for them, use 2.0’s 95% of the time.

I have a preference for putting 2.0 batteries on the drills as I haven’t found that they get that much more power than the 4.0s. The IDH182 seems to really enjoy 2.0 batteries, especially at max power. Otherwise the 1st and 2nd settings don’t seem to change in power output even if I put the 4.0 pack on so I keep the IDH182 on the 4.0.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

My 18v tools I buy for their power, and only own 4.0ah or higher for them. My 12v stuff I own for their compactness, and while I own plenty of 4.0’s for them, use 2.0’s 95% of the time.

Pretty much the way I think too. Only use the 18V stuff if i need the extra power. 95% of the time I am using the 12V Bosch line.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I used to like the 2.0 batteries because they charge faster. Now that I have a charger that will charge 3 batteries simultaneously it’s not really an issue for me.

View post on imgur.com

I used to like the 2.0 batteries because they charge faster. Now that I have a charger that will charge 3 batteries simultaneously it’s not really an issue for me.

<figure class=”oe-video-container”>
    <iframe allowfullscreen=”true” mozallowfullscreen=”true” webkitallowfullscreen=”true” class=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub imgur-embed-iframe-pub-jGcseTb-true-300″ scrolling=”no” src=”http://imgur.com/jGcseTb/embed?ref=http%3A%2F%2Fbethepro.com%2Fforums%2Ftopic%2F2-0-ah-or-4-0-ah-batteries-for-18v-drill-and-impact%2Fpage%2F2%2F&w=300&#8243; id=”imgur-embed-iframe-pub-jGcseTb” style=”height: 500px; width: 300px; margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px;”></iframe>
    <script async=”” src=”//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js” charset=”utf-8″></script>
    </figure>

That’s a nice set up,

I like just using the 4.0 Ah battery, I’m used to having a big and heavy battery from my ni-cad battery packs,

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Pretty much the way I think too. Only use the 18V stuff if i need the extra power. 95% of the time I am using the 12V Bosch line.

I would be in the same boat If I would have a 12V tool 😀
    But my shopping spree begins in May for the 12v line.
    I work mainly just around the house and in my shop and for instance last time when I changed out outlets and switches it would be nice to have a tiny compact 12v drill/driver with a 2.0 battery to keep it lightweight.

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

For the 12V line I prefer the 2.0Ah battery, it keeps the tool light and compact.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Anonymous
    Inactive

For the 12V line I prefer the 2.0Ah battery, it keeps the tool light and compact.

Yeah, sticking a 4.0 in one kind of defeats the whole idea. Sure, if 12v is all you have then 4.0 batteries will come in useful for the extended runtime, but as a pro, I wouldn’t go without a full set of both 12v and 18v.

Anonymous
    Inactive

the L-Boxx 3 starter kit has caught my eye, but it comes with one 2.0 ah battery and one 4.0 ah.

I would say pick up the L box 3 starter kit with the two sized batteries, this way you get another charger incase you need it, plus you get another 4 ah for long-standing runtime.

I’ve never heard of an Lbox ‘3’ starter kit, Just the Lbox ‘1’…What do you get in the 3?

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

the L-Boxx 3 starter kit has caught my eye, but it comes with one 2.0 ah battery and one 4.0 ah.

I would say pick up the L box 3 starter kit with the two sized batteries, this way you get another charger incase you need it, plus you get another 4 ah for long-standing runtime.

I’ve never heard of an Lbox ‘3’ starter kit, Just the Lbox ‘1’…What do you get in the 3?

There is a 12v kit with an L-Boxx 1, two 2.0 ah batteries, and a charger for $70, it’s a great deal.

For 18v kits there is the kit with an L-Boxx 2, two 2.0 ah batteries and a charger, as well as a kit with an L-Boxx 3, one 2.0 ah battery, one 4.0 ah battery and a charger.

I do wish they made kits with a pair of the 4.0 ah batteries, but it wouldn’t be much cheaper than purchasing the parts individually.

One thing to note is that all of the starter kits come with the slower 60 minute chargers, not the newer 30 minute chargers. I assume it’s a way to get rid of their excess inventory, but it’s annoying when you think you are getting the fast chargers that come in the combo kits.

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA
    Dabbs wrote:

Model #: SKC181-303L
    Kit includes: 2 batteries (1 at 2.0-Ah and 1 at 4.0-Ah), 1 charger, and 1 L-Boxx 3
    Price: 149USD

Instagram
    Palm Springs, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.670 seconds