dcsimg

1st unofficial top 10 sheep holders

Viewing 17 posts - 141 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • Author

Well, sorry for unleashing all this everyone. But to my original intent, here’s a list I put together of the top ten pig farmers as of 9/23/19:

10) @kurtwelkerhomes-com 161,781
    9) @doobie 173,277
    8) @boschmanbrian 216,175
    7) @wbembrid 235,200
    6) @sorpa 255,000
    5) @miamicuse 295,275
    4) @jponto07 361,223
    3) @sprokitz 373,345
    2) @dirtywhiteboy 461,250

And leading the pack, way, way out in front …

1) @madman_us 632,025

Way to go everyone! That higher half of the people on here have more points than I’ve ever had the patience to save up to, and I am super impressed!

These are just the people I could easily find with only a small amount of effort, so I apologize if I missed anyone!

Don’t be sorry Charlie , you definitely didn’t do anything wrong as far as I’m concerned
    If I get my latest redemption I should be off the list

Doobie

OK, I took some time away since I lasted posted and read back, and while I still feel there was some negativity developing, it’s maybe me who has been getting edgy the last while and my more casual persona is on a bit of a hiatus.

In trying to quell what I felt was some negativity, in attempting to do that, I myself ended up adding to it. My apologies to all for my escalating this without actually looking to do such.

I’m going thru some struggles this summer with not being able to undertake the jobs I had intended to do due to an injury at the end of June kiboshing most meaningful work I could undertake this season, and have really been out of sorts as a result. Even wifey has noticed this of me.

Tomorrow, I’m gonna slog 50 or so bags of crete for an overdue pad pour, so come Thursday, I might be right back to being a cripple again for months even though I have wifey and my son helping me. I just know it’s gonna be me doin’ the real heavy lifting/sloggin’ needed and I’m scared as heck it’s gonna put me back in a useless state for what is left of the summer build season.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

@dirtywhiteboy @miamicuse @warren6810 You guys just marked the end of the weather thread. I am really looking forward to seeing who will have low enough self-esteem to post there now.

No it will never die, it’s like a Zombie apocalypse that just keeps coming,,

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

Bro, this ain’t the Dr Phil Show. 😆

It’s (supposed to be) a Professional Builders forum.

I kind of started this $#!TShow, by calling out the glut of worthless posts here, and I’m not sorry.

I don’t really care, it’s not my forum, and I have no vested interest in it.

But the fact remains, because of the point system, the forum gets a proportionally high number of worthless posts.

I spend most of my forum time at Contractor Talk, and it has an Off-Topic section. But it doesn’t get 95% of the posts. 😮 There is also no impetus to post random worthless $#!t, because the best you can hope for is is a $20 HD gift card after 5 years of posting. 😮 😆

When I signed up here, I did the same thing I try to do across the pond, which is post relevant, helpful information.

But what I see from most of the members here, is a bunch of worthless posts, and some from DIY’ers who have no clue what they’re talking about.

The forum is dying because 1, it’s over run with worthless content, and 2, it doesn’t have enough true professionals posting regularly, to keep quality content.

I’m not attacking anyone personally, nor attacking anything. I’m merely stating facts. But this is a Contractors forum, not the Cry Room at a beauty pageant. 😆

Goin' Down In Flames........

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Well, sorry for unleashing all this everyone. But to my original intent, here’s a list I put together of the top ten pig farmers as of 9/23/19:

10) @kurtwelkerhomes-com 161,781
    9) @doobie 173,277
    8) @boschmanbrian 216,175
    7) @wbembrid 235,200
    6) @sorpa 255,000
    5) @miamicuse 295,275
    4) @jponto07 361,223
    3) @sprokitz 373,345
    2) @dirtywhiteboy 461,250

And leading the pack, way, way out in front …

1) @madman_us 632,025

Way to go everyone! That higher half of the people on here have more points than I’ve ever had the patience to save up to, and I am super impressed!

These are just the people I could easily find with only a small amount of effort, so I apologize if I missed anyone!

Not bad at all! I’m number #6 !!!
    Never had any redemption since I’m here. Quite a few years.
    Does it mean that I’m patient or I have all the tools that I need ?!? Those are existential questions. 😀

@Sorpa hey Sorin , you never made a redemption ? That’s a long time.
    Those are good questions
    What will you be aiming for , gotta be something you would like off the list ,

Doobie

I’m not attacking anyone personally, ….. this is a Contractors forum, not the Cry Room at a beauty pageant

No obviously nobody personally. 😑

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The forum is dying because 1, it’s over run with worthless content, and 2, it doesn’t have enough true professionals posting regularly, to keep quality content.

Agreed, and just a reminder, this is from the “rules of the forum” posted on a sticky on the topics list.

7) No Points Gaming. Through the generosity of the site’s Sponsors, the site rewards its members with tools and work gear for points earned from posting and supplying content to the site. Any attempt by a member to “game the system” or get rewards points for posts that add little or no value to the discussion will be subject to disciplinary action including being banned from the forum.
    Examples of this include:
    1. Excessive posting that adds little or no value to the discussion.
    2. Excessive posts of less than 25 words or less.
    3. Excessive posting in forum threads that have been inactive for 6 months or more.
    NOTE: These are guidelines, if the site administrator or moderators feels that a member has crossed the line, they will be notified by private message to alert them to the behavior that triggered their concern. The inherent peer council review that is built into the site catches most, if not all offenders.

Why do I keep seeing dozens on “good job”, “me too”, “that’s nice”, “that’s interesting, thanks” kinds of posts?

Oh, and if anyone wants to take offence at this post, you’re probably part of the problem.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Guys, I said this all almost a year ago in the rewards redemption post. I think you are right to bring it up or one day it will be all gone. We all need to do better as has been referenced here again. Quality posts about real topics are the best answer.

Sorry to say but if the end is here, we have on one to blame but ourselves. Bosch put out a great site with incredible rewards opportunities only to have everyone complain about the time it takes to get them or to get a response to an email. Tens of thousands of points have been racked up by members complaining about the site, I would shut it down if I were them.

This site is supposed to be about Content, Construction and woodworking content, not complaints. Take your wining somewhere else.

I post very little anymore, maybe a half dozen posts a week, because there is so little real content to reply to. Stick to the topics and the focus of the site and we would not be worrying about points or redemption’s.

We used to have great discussions about tools and projects, but not it is all about “poor me” I have not heard back on a request. The value of a site like this to Bosch, is applicable content and visibility. All the wining and complaining that has come lately diminishes the value of the site and therefore the value to our sponsor.

There is no place else on the web that has the reward opportunities like this site, and in my opinion, those opportunities have been taken advantage of by many.

If you want the site to be taken seriously, stop posting crap like “it is cold today” and create and post relevant information of new and interesting projects that people are genuinely interested in.

If you are making your 10 posts a day, everyday, to max out your posts and points, you are probably part of the problem.

To quote Arnold Schwarzenegger from “Kindergarten Cop” “STOP WHINING!”

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Agreed, and just a reminder, this is from the “rules of the forum” posted on a sticky on the topics list.

7) No Points Gaming. Through the generosity of the site’s Sponsors, the site rewards its members with tools and work gear for points earned from posting and supplying content to the site. Any attempt by a member to “game the system” or get rewards points for posts that add little or no value to the discussion will be subject to disciplinary action including being banned from the forum.
    3. Excessive posting in forum threads that have been inactive for 6 months or more.
    NOTE: These are guidelines, if the site administrator or moderators feels that a member has crossed the line, they will be notified by private message to alert them to the behavior that triggered their concern. The inherent peer council review that is built into the site catches most, if not all offenders.

Why do I keep seeing dozens on “good job”, “me too”, “that’s nice”, “that’s interesting, thanks” kinds of posts?

Oh, and if anyone wants to take offence at this post, you’re probably part of the problem.

Your on quite roll theses days!

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

You noticed that, did you, Greg?

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yes I find it quite interesting!

Greg

🤔🙄 don’t worry everyone no points taken for this post

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

Yes I find quite interesting!

Peter was sarcastic, if I’m not mistaken.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Yes I find quite interesting!

Peter was sarcastic, if I’m not mistaken.

That is why I found it interesting.

Greg

redwood
    Pro

And that banter is exactly what is frowned upon by those who set this forum up and many of us that no longer want to frequent this site because of it. Please stop.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

What banter are you talking about, those lecturing on how to post or those commenting on the lecture? Or both??
    Oh what about your weather post.. let those with out post sin cast the first stone LMAO!!!!

Viewing 17 posts - 141 through 157 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.696 seconds