dcsimg

1st unofficial top 10 sheep holders

This topic contains 156 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 157 total)
  • Author

Doobie

and felt

Lol,,, Feelings, nothing more than feelings
    Trying to forget my feelings of love
    Teardrops rolling down on my face
    Trying to forget my feelings of love lol,,,

Not sure what you mean with that. Or is it time for Kumbaya and a group hug? ☺

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Ok so some guys complaining about the weather thread , but keep posting in that one or the music one seriously what’s the difference ,
    Plus numerous posts about other things in specific threads that just go on and on about nothing related to that particular thread , 🤔
    I think we all need to ZIP it and lay off this thread before we really sink the ship
    Sorry maybe I should have posted that in the rant thread

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Ok so some guys complaining about the weather thread , but keep posting in that one or the music one seriously what’s the difference ,
    Plus numerous posts about other things in specific threads that just go on and on about nothing related to that particular thread , 🤔
    I think we all need to ZIP it and lay off this thread before we really sink the ship
    Sorry maybe I should have posted that in the rant thread

Good point Brian.
    Not sure where this is good content.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

Doobie

Now I see personal attacks. This is not healthy forum discusion guys. Let’s state opinions of forum issues. Not target each other.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

The weather thread is a points grab thread…period. Lets just kill it ourselves. It serves no purpose.

We don’t have a mod to do the deed so, with respect, lets just agree to abandon it.

If anyone is able to demonstrate the value of that thread on this forum, I will be happy to accept your arguments.

This is not a personal attack on anyone, just a reasoned appeal to do some self-policing of the forum.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

The weather thread is a points grab thread…period. Lets just kill it ourselves. It serves no purpose.

We don’t have a mod to do the deed so, with respect, lets just agree to abandon it.

If anyone is able to demonstrate the value of that thread on this forum, I will be happy to accept your arguments.

This is not a personal attack on anyone, just a reasoned appeal to do some self-policing of the forum.

I believe you have a great point Peter , I’ll gladly stop posting in the weather thread , I think it’s justifiable for certain instances like when some members were getting hit by storms or hurricanes , I see that as an exception

Doobie

Peter, on any other forum, that would have constitued a personal attack. Sounds like you didn’t mean it that way, but in reading it as 3rd party and former mod (not here on BTP), yep, you would have been warned or been in a 3 day ban. Not lookin’ to escalate this by sayin’ that, this thread is already hot as a habenero, just my non-antagonizingly opinion on it. FWIW. With no active mods here, we need to keep our decorum ourselves whether we know it or not in what we post.

No argument there. Thing is, even Jim OK’d it, along with a host of other pointless or semi-pointless threads. A few years ago Jim deleted a bunch of threads that were seemingly useless or just too many to have around for points grabbing. Recall the Foodie thread (since restored by Chad after many lamentations by members to bring it back, but no longer being abused now since thank goodness as I think sharing genuine food related posts trangress any intended forum directive for interest), the Movie thread, or the What did you watch on TV thread. There were others, can’t recall them. Most got nixed as a prelude to the points and prize values getting changed in September a few years ago. Nixing them wasn’t enough basically to curb points grabbing and Jim had to do the big points change that September.

I recall Jim once said on an open thread along this issue of what he considered acceptable amounts of frivolous postings by members, 25-30% of posts in a day that were useless posts were acceptable. With no real guidance on such since he left, I’ve myself always looked to strive at or below that criteria. Occasionally, I’ve not met that target myself, but that’s because I’m a letch with thinking stupid thoughts of how I might not get a tool I desperately want for free that I may not reach in time. Nowadays for me it’s different in the last two years or so. There’s nothing I NEED here.

Come on, as I said in the ‘what are you saving up for’ thread, a 9in grinder as I memtioned is maybe my next target. Yes, I could use it, but I don’t absolutely need one. I’m here nowadays for the BTP community. To help keep it keep going and still derive info from other members and share everyting I can that is pertinent to adding valued content to this forum that has given so much in the last five years or so to me. I’ve learned so much here, and even with the depleted ranks now, I still derive purposeful info here on BTP.

Hey guys, let’s state opinions. Let’s stay away from judging individual members. Frankly, from what I see so far, I somewhat wish this thread was deleted for some of the content I’m seeing. Let’s keep it topical and not personal.

@cmeyer25 this is not your fault Charlie. I know you felt bad re-booting this old thread and seeing it morph into something you didn’t intend. Don’t fret. These things happen. Members sometimes need to vent and rant on such issues. We all just need to keep such civil. It’s adhoc it’s happened in this ancient thread.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Peter, on any other forum, that would have constitued a personal attack. Sounds like you didn’t mean it that way, but in reading it as 3rd party and former mod (not here on BTP), yep, you would have been warned or been in a 3 day ban. Not lookin’ to escalate this by sayin’ that,

That’s why we are all across the street. That would have been nothing. Carry on S Stick.
    This is the internet and thick skin is needed.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Doobie

Peter, on any other forum, that would have constitued a personal attack. Sounds like you didn’t mean it that way, but in reading it as 3rd party and former mod (not here on BTP), yep, you would have been warned or been in a 3 day ban. Not lookin’ to escalate this by sayin’ that,

That’s why we are all across the street. That would have been nothing. Carry on S Stick.
    This is the internet and thick skin is needed.

That’s not in the spirit Dirty.

You offer outstanding quality contributions Randy. Why perpertuate antogonism. This is not commensurate of the man I met at the Rose when I was there meeting you my friend despite my debilitated/sickly state.

Did you know I could barely walk once I left. I was sick as a dog still trying to meet up with you. I almost killed myself getting to the Rose and just going down those crappy stairs leaving aftereards from the Rose and once I got outside I couldn’t move for a good ten minutes. Don’t think you understood this, but I was quite sick at the time.

I made a major effort that nite to come and and meet you, which was our last nite in Hawaii to see you. I had been sick as a dog in bed in my room for 4 days. But I wanted to connect with you nonetheless.

I made that effort walking over to the Rose in a precarious state and further canvassed to find you in that crowded place for almost an hour til we connected finally. We funned good drinkin beers and Jacks. But now you’re somehow my anthetis. Get real. What have I really done to tick you off.

Can we all go back to basics and fellowship on this Randy?. I’ve got little patience for nonsense. There’s no need for this imo.
    Go F with someome else please. I’m borderline leaving this forum for good. Tired of antagonisms.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It seems like you have a hard time with facts.
    I can’t see that Stick targeted anyone and I see no foul anywhere. I said what I thought and you come with the bickering stuff.
    I’m not bickering just stating facts as I see them.

Dirty

Doobie

It seems like you have a hard time with facts.
    I can’t see that Stick targeted anyone and I see no foul anywhere. I said what I thought and you come with the bickering stuff.
    I’m not bickering just stating facts as I see them.

@dirtywhiteboy @miamicuse @warren6810 You guys just marked the end of the weather thread. I am really looking forward to seeing who will have low enough self-esteem to post there now.

If this is not a personal attack, I don’t know what is.

You know what, I’m getting really weary of all this nonsense. Feel like it’s sucking myself into a hole. And I don’t like that feeling.

I’m starting not to care much when reading such forum commentaries to stick around here much longer. Getting angry frankly.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Even though I am relatively new posting here compared to some of you this is how I see it.

The forum is not being actively moderated, except for obvious spam. It’s pretty clear to me, whatever “content” Bosch had hope to build with this forum, the type of members they had hope to attract, and the brand name recognition they want to penetrate into the DIYer or Prosumer markets, for whatever reason, this is no longer working for Bosch. So basically they sunset this site and leave it on auto pilot and moved on. Doing the minimum it needs to do in terms of moderation, site maintenance and tool redemption. May be they know if they pull the plug 100% it will generate some negativity amongst the remaining members.

In any forum there are useful informative posts, and there are posts that does not add “core value”, or qualified to be added to a knowledge base if one existed, but some posts are going to be more fluff in nature but still serve to enhance chemistry amongst active members or the push a thread forward.

I too agree the weather thread is of limited usefulness seeing that no one ever quoted anyone else and carry on any real discussion. In that sense it seems everyone just go there to the bottom of the thread and add something then move on to something else.

I have also moderated other forums and basically here are some observations I would toss out for others to consider.

* One person’s content is another person’s garbage.
    * Bosch is no longer dictating what “content” they want or is valuable to them. It’s up to the members here to dictate what they want out of this.
    * There is a difference between attacking a post versus attacking a poster.

My 2 cents.

Doobie

I too agree the weather thread is of limited usefulness seeing that no one ever quoted anyone else and carry on any real discussion. In that sense it seems everyone just go there to the bottom of the thread and add something then move on to something else.

Ya think. I don’t think anybody reads it at all.

Once in a while I’ll say something in the weather thread that SHOULD get a reaction as a lark….it never does. NOBODY READS IT!!!!

Doobie

Think right now I’m leaving, Hate this kinda shit!

EDIT: Sorry, I just get frustrated when I read these kinds of angst amongts members. It’s quite distasteful to me.

EDIT #2 : There’s a wave of negativity here that is permeating that one sees on occasion on any forum. Here. on this type of forum it should actually never happen by virtue of its design with its points reward system but nonetheless is happening here regardless. This drives people away imo. I’m questioning my own participation here at this juncture. Just hate this kinda non-objective slant and basic signs of schlop thrown slung towards others. Big turn off for me.

Doobie

Even though I am relatively new posting here compared to some of you this is how I see it.

The forum is not being actively moderated, except for obvious spam. It’s pretty clear to me, whatever “content” Bosch had hope to build with this forum, the type of members they had hope to attract, and the brand name recognition they want to penetrate into the DIYer or Prosumer markets, for whatever reason, this is no longer working for Bosch. So basically they sunset this site and leave it on auto pilot and moved on. Doing the minimum it needs to do in terms of moderation, site maintenance and tool redemption. May be they know if they pull the plug 100% it will generate some negativity amongst the remaining members.

You nailed it Sami!

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

There’s a wave of negativity here that is permeating

I don’t see it,, quote it so I can see it too.

Dirty

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Ya think. I don’t think anybody reads it at all.

Once in a while I’ll say something in the weather thread that SHOULD get a reaction as a lark….it never does. NOBODY READS IT!!!!

I wouldn’t say that. I always read the weather thread. I did read your posts. I know some people didn’t like. I always found interesting.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

* One person’s content is another person’s garbage.
    * Bosch is no longer dictating what “content” they want or is valuable to them. It’s up to the members here to dictate what they want out of this.
    * There is a difference between attacking a post versus attacking a poster.

My 2 cents.

Very well said!

smallerstick wrote:
    @dirtywhiteboy @miamicuse @warren6810 You guys just marked the end of the weather thread. I am really looking forward to seeing who will have low enough self-esteem to post there now.

If this is not a personal attack, I don’t know what is.

I don’t see who he is attacking?? Not me. He is just stating facts as he sees them. Who is he attacking??
    All in all I thought the post was funny.

Dirty

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

Well, sorry for unleashing all this everyone. But to my original intent, here’s a list I put together of the top ten pig farmers as of 9/23/19:

10) @kurtwelkerhomes-com 161,781
    9) @doobie 173,277
    8) @boschmanbrian 216,175
    7) @wbembrid 235,200
    6) @sorpa 255,000
    5) @miamicuse 295,275
    4) @jponto07 361,223
    3) @sprokitz 373,345
    2) @dirtywhiteboy 461,250

And leading the pack, way, way out in front …

1) @madman_us 632,025

Way to go everyone! That higher half of the people on here have more points than I’ve ever had the patience to save up to, and I am super impressed!

These are just the people I could easily find with only a small amount of effort, so I apologize if I missed anyone!

Charlie

Instagram

Well, sorry for unleashing all this everyone. But to my original intent, here’s a list I put together of the top ten pig farmers as of 9/23/19:

10) @kurtwelkerhomes-com 161,781
    9) @doobie 173,277
    8) @boschmanbrian 216,175
    7) @wbembrid 235,200
    6) @sorpa 255,000
    5) @miamicuse 295,275
    4) @jponto07 361,223
    3) @sprokitz 373,345
    2) @dirtywhiteboy 461,250

And leading the pack, way, way out in front …

1) @madman_us 632,025

Way to go everyone! That higher half of the people on here have more points than I’ve ever had the patience to save up to, and I am super impressed!

These are just the people I could easily find with only a small amount of effort, so I apologize if I missed anyone!

Wow, I made the list 🙂

Will

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 157 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.733 seconds