dcsimg

1st unofficial top 10 sheep holders

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 157 total)
  • Author

I have not had time to post here much over the last few years – work and life have gotten in the way. I was surprised to see my name in the top 4 above – but I do remember when this forum was new and there was lots of content and fun dialogue. I still see some of the original members and read posts from time-to-time. It would be great to see this forum get back to what it used to be. I think forums in general are going by the wayside – there is decline in content in many of the forums I am a member of. Other social media platforms are taking share – like Instagram and You Tube. Just my opinion.

Orange County, CA

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

I have not had time to post here much over the last few years – work and life have gotten in the way. I was surprised to see my name in the top 4 above – but I do remember when this forum was new and there was lots of content and fun dialogue. I still see some of the original members and read posts from time-to-time. It would be great to see this forum get back to what it used to be. I think forums in general are going by the wayside – there is decline in content in many of the forums I am a member of. Other social media platforms are taking share – like Instagram and You Tube. Just my opinion.

I know Instagram has alot of members. You win alot free stuff on IG and you don’t post any content. Just like and share with friends and you are enter into a contest.

Greg
    Do More of What Makes You Happy

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I know Instagram has alot of members. You win alot free stuff on IG and you don’t post any content. Just like and share with friends and you are enter into a contest.

Uhhh, Greg, sorry, but I think the idea of IG is to post content. I could be mistaken, but content is the idea. If you are just along for the ride expecting to win freebies for nothing, you are doing it wrong. Actually this forum is based on content, too. If you are not posting content, you have no business here.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

Well, in truth, a lot of this needed to be said. It’s all been brought up before, but unfortunately, nothing changes.

Because that’s the way Bosch wants it. Think about it. If they wanted it different it would change. It is Bosch’s site. The fact that it is still open and Bosch still supports us is a testament their commitment to us. Instead of complaining why not post some of that great content you are all talking about missing.

For those that don’t know Bosch has another site Bosch Pro Insiders (BPI) (by invitation only). BPI is now the site where they post information on new tools coming out, tool surveys, and corporate information. That info used to be on here but they moved it to Bosch Pro Insiders.

Bosch also has a third site, Bosch Tool Testers (again by invitation only) in which they post which tools are available for testing and if anyone is interested. They have a survey on the Bosch Pro Insiders site and they are giving away 5 memberships to the Tool Tester site as a one of the prizes for answering the survey.

Bosch does a lot; BTP is but one piece in the marketing puzzle.

It’s still a content based site. Read the rules, if you are not posting content you are not following the rules. 10 posts in 15 minutes every day is not content.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Uhhh, Greg, sorry, but I think the idea of IG is to post content. I could be mistaken, but content is the idea. If you are just along for the ride expecting to win freebies for nothing, you are doing it wrong. Actually this forum is based on content, too. If you are not posting content, you have no business here.

Your right Peter IG is post content. What I was meaning if you follow some company or business they have a contest. If you like and share there post and you have chance to win a prize.
    Honestly Peter I didn’t know you were the Content Police. I feel I add a fair bit content to this forum. I have start several thread over the few years I have been here. I also share Brittany email which I could have kept myself.
    Sorry you feel I am here for a free ride.

Greg

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

You win alot free stuff on IG and you don’t post any content.

If you like and share there post and you have chance to win a prize.

Right, so that’s why you are on IG?

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

You win alot free stuff on IG and you don’t post any content.

If you like and share there post and you have chance to win a prize.

Right, so that’s why you are on IG?

No this is not why I am IG. Yes I have enter some contest on IG. I have never won anything from IG. Honestly I am not a big fan of it. I don’t follow very many people on IG. I am sure you would know that as you did follow me. I also use IG communicate to people. I just talked to Jack Forsberg today. I talk to Jack now again.
    I am not on BTP for just the free tools either. I feel I have met some nice people on here from all over. I also thought you were one of those nice people Peter. I tell you one thing right now. If Bosch took the tool prizes away I would still be here. I enjoy the time I spend on here. I feel I have learnt alot from being a member of this forum. I also feel I have contributed to this forum as much as I can. Workshop time has been very limited over the last few years for me.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

10 posts in 15 minutes every day is not content.

Oh really?? Are you sure of that?? That’s why good guys leave and never come back,, People rag on them and they are gone.. Guys that posted very good content. So what If I want to make a bunch of post and leave them in tabs and bomb the place with all at once?? Content is content. I like carpet bombing,,maybe I’ll start doing it again just because it’s funn.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Oh really?? Are you sure of that?? That’s why good guys leave and never come back,, People rag on them and they are gone.. Guys that posted very good content. So what If I want to make a bunch of post and leave them in tabs and bomb the place with all at once?? Content is content. I like carpet bombing,,maybe I’ll start doing it again just because it’s funn.

Thanks for making me laugh Dirty! Nice way to end the night.

Greg

cmeyer25
    Pro
    Bellingham, WA

That’s usually how I have to do it – I get brief windows of time during the day/ week where I can post to the threads I follow, and if I’m lucky take a look at other things people are posting. But I usually post to a few threads all in a row.

Charlie

Instagram

Doobie

I can’t think of anything that makes myself want to U-turn my mouse more when it comes to perusing social media than bickering between members. Terse discussions are a big turn off for many readers. Just sayin’.

GTokley
    Pro
    Belleville, ON

Terse

I do something similar. While I am at work I read some of posts. But I hardly ever post anything. Usually I post or comment on threads when I have free time after I come home from work or before I go to work. I seem to have more time on the weekends.

I can’t think of anything that makes myself want to U-turn my mouse more when it comes to perusing social media than bickering between members. Terse discussions are a big turn off for many readers. Just sayin’.

Your right Kevin it is not good for the forum to see bickering going on between members.

I would like apologize to the members of BTP. How I handled myself after reading certain comments yesterday.

Greg

I haven’t posted on this thread because I felt like I was one of those drive by posters
    Plenty of the comments make sense , and some not so much
    I think it’s basically common sense ,
    I usually find the time in the morning , I start responding to the threads that I subscribed to and get an email alert
    I often post what I believe can help or decent context
    I’m definitely not a full-time construction trade person
    Regardless I am still in the trades aircraft maintenance and production
    I work with tools and equipment all day usually more than 5 days a week

I do think that we should try for the most part to at least spend the time and read the actual post and respond accordingly
    Plenty of time I lurk in other threads and don’t respond just to get points , I could easily just ask a silly question and receive my points

That being said , it’s the nature of the beast that most are here because of Bosch being so generous about offering us power tools and accessories in return for our input on the tools and the use

I am also on Instagram and I see plenty of guys winning free tools and accessories
    I also see plenty of other people who are envious that some of the people post about working with the tools and giving them an opinion ,

I picked up good tips and tricks from plenty of the members here
    I tried to share my experience and knowledge about what I do and try to give advice when I can , I also try to offer small items if I can to help out other members

I can relate to the frustration from other members when we see people just going on about other things than what the topic is supposed to be
    I’ve done it myself , but I try not to let it go for to long

I believe we should be able to respond and respect each other , at the end of the day
    We know why the majority of the people are here for

Sorry that’s my 2cents

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Please quote the “bickering” I missed it??

Warren6810
    Akron, OH

I guess there are some that think and type faster than me. 10 in 15 minutes just doesn’t leave room for a lot of coherent thought. My all time favorite thread abuse is the weather thread. Not sure how that one withstood the purge a while back, but how does someones weather 1000 miles away, add any value to the forum?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

but how does someones weather 1000 miles away, add any value to the forum?

I can not disagree with you there. If it’s not Severe Weather what’s the point.. not sure how it wasn’t purged.

Doobie

Please quote the “bickering” I missed it??

I’m using the term bickering loosely. Better than maybe using other terms. I was simply reading along and felt that’s generally the tone it was starting to take.

My all time favorite thread abuse is the weather thread. Not sure how that one withstood the purge a while back, but how does someones weather 1000 miles away, add any value to the forum?

I’ve felt the same way myself. Yet, when the weather thread has been discussed in the past as being a useless thread, some defended it fairly vigourously. Jim himself seemed to be OK with it also.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

and felt

Lol,,, Feelings, nothing more than feelings
    Trying to forget my feelings of love
    Teardrops rolling down on my face
    Trying to forget my feelings of love lol,,,

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

My “feeling” about “weather” 🤣🤣🤣

I can see clearly now the rain is gone

I can see all obstacles in my way

Here is that rainbow I’ve been praying for

It’s gonna be a bright (bright)
    Bright (bright) sun-shining day

Look all around, there’s nothing but blue skies

Look straight ahead, there’s nothing but blue skies

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@dirtywhiteboy @miamicuse @warren6810 You guys just marked the end of the weather thread. I am really looking forward to seeing who will have low enough self-esteem to post there now.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 157 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.411 seconds