dcsimg

18V Vacuum

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • Author

I detroyed a Fein vac as well without using a bag — fine dust got in the motor and bearings and it died in a relatively short time after. Had I used a bag I think it would have been OK. Live and learn…

Orange County, CA

Do you think you would need to use a bag still even if you used some sort of dust cyclone separator with it?

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I would still use a bag even with a dust cyclone. The cyclone will allow a lot of fine particles past that the bag would capture and keep out of the filter. The bags for my ct22 are about $10 but the HEPA filters are about $60. For saw dust, a heppa would last through a lot of bags and the bags would also go a long way with a cyclone. Without a bag, you would plug a filter faster than you would fill a bag. Without a filter you will contaminate the unit making the HEPA portion of the unit worthless.

Our filters last a few bags but we are typically sucking up concrete and drywall dust, which is much finer than sawdust and gets through the bag easier.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I don’t know if I would want a vac that needs a bag? Then again I hate to clean that darn filter on my Rigid.

I don’t know if I would want a vac that needs a bag? Then again I hate to clean that darn filter on my Rigid.

I am not a big fan of cleaning the filter either… especially when a lot of dog hair got stuck from my neighbor’s german shepherd. Not super fun…

John S

redwood
    Pro

From my experience, using the bag is much better then emptying the vac and cleaning the filter.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

Yes…the mini is pretty small, but capable.

I like the small units with good suction!

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

The bosch vacuum does look tempting and its about the same price as the Festool.

And the airsweep will ‘catch up’ to festool when it has the ability to latch l-boxxes… which exists in the UK but not here yet :\

Why not

Dirty

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I have been lugging my big ole’ ridgid shop vac around upstairs and downstairs in the last day doing some cleanup in the house rather than the shop, and all I could think to myself was ‘I wish I had a festool or cordless vac’

Either Bosch needs to save the day and get a vac out there or I might need to convince the wife on the festool :)

This is exalty why I bought my 18volt unit. After dragging a ridgid up and down stairs of a new home just to suck up the dust from cab. pulls and handles and the such. That dam big ridgid banging up the walls sucked!!

Dirty

Attachments:
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

From my experience, using the bag is much better then emptying the vac and cleaning the filter.

That makes sense, I guess my home vacuum has a bag and its a breeze to empty. Are the bags expensive or are they pretty reasonable?

jdw1865
    Pro
    Dewey, OK

One set of fumble fingers with a bagless vac and you are right back to cleaning the same mess all over again. Don’t ask me how I know. I have ways. 🙂

This is exalty why I bought my 18volt unit. After dragging a ridgid up and down stairs of a new home just to suck up the dust from cab. pulls and handles and the such. That dam big ridgid banging up the walls sucked!!

maybe we can convince Bosch to get going on an 18v vac, if they haven’t already! I know Bosch tends to be a little bit slower sometimes in adapting to new products in the market, etc… but surely there is something in the works!

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Oh Jerry, I have also been there and I never have a good place to put the dirty filter lid while I dump the bin.

The Milwaukee vac seems to have pretty suction power.

Based on the other Bosch tools we been exposed to on this forum I would venture an 18v vacuum from them would really suck (pun intended). This is maybe an item where the 36v would make a big difference. The Milwaukee shown above is pretty impressive too. It definitely shows me more than the DeWalt units I already have.

WoodDoc
    Pro

Darn drywall dust…the nemesis of all vaccums. Such a pain changing filter for it specifically.

PI_WoodworkerParticipant

The key to good performance seems to rest on keeping the air filter clean. Cleaning the air filter is its own mess.

Darn drywall dust…the nemesis of all vaccums. Such a pain changing filter for it specifically.

If you deal with it enough, consider getting a festool planex + vac…

Based on the other Bosch tools we been exposed to on this forum I would venture an 18v vacuum from them would really suck (pun intended).

I am glad Moze finally grabbed the NAINA one and it looks like it is a keeper!

John S

mattryyc
    Pro
    Calgary, Alberta

If you deal with it enough, consider getting a festool planex + vac…

And just to add, the regular Festool vacs can still deal with a good bit before they get clogged up. I would be interested to know if the autoclean in the new Bosch vacs makes it more suitable for drywall.

The autoclean on the bosch has had some complaints about it not clearing dust from the filter. This is what i have heard and not tested my self though. My CT36AC clears the dust very well but if used with the blast gate clears it to the point its as good as a new filter being in there. You can use your hand instead of a blast gate but thats just hassle each time.

If you dont do the blast gate clean cycle then the vac still works well to get collect the dust but after the blast gate clean there’s a pretty massive difference.

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

My CT36AC clears the dust very well but if used with the blast gate clears it to the point its as good as a new filter being in there

So this BlastGate works very good. I never heard of this blast gate and need to do some research on it.

Dirty

I don’t know if any of you know about this, but there is an 18v cordless makita model being offered in Canada but I don’t think in the US… Check it out Makita users:
    http://www.atlas-machinery.com/products/Makita-DCL500Z

John S

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.514 seconds