dcsimg

18V Vacuum

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

the smaller Dewalt is much better than a good dustbuster if there issuch a thing.

redwood
    Pro

Does anyone consider the dust buster a actual vacuum?

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

The bosch vacuum does look tempting and its about the same price as the Festool.

And the airsweep will ‘catch up’ to festool when it has the ability to latch l-boxxes… which exists in the UK but not here yet :\

John S

jim_hunt17
    Pro
    Milwaukee, WI

Ive always looked at the portable battery powered vacuums. I cut out a lot of drywall for work and hate trying to clean up the mess afterwards. I have never been able to justify spending the money. Would not mind seeing if Bosch got into this game.

Jim H.
    Milwaukee, WI

The main difference between the Bosch and Festool is the CFM are lower on Bosch. The anti-static hoses are cheaper with Bosch, though and the pulsating clean is a nice feature (which Festool also has on one of its vacs). They are all quiet and built well.

Orange County, CA

Anonymous
    Inactive

Dustbuster? LOL. I’ll bet we’ve all tried those. They belong in that play tool kit Dan bought for his daughter. All they do is make noise LOL.

I was thinking the same thing…those things never worked, but had great adds on TV.

Orange County, CA

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

but they were popular, Chevy even designed the lumina mini van after them.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I have a really good dust buster but they are not cut out for drywall work. The filter is basically a thin single ply membrane that wont stop hair.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Wow, Maybe they got better, I had mine over 20 years ago. It was a joke. I have a little Eureka hand held one now, Although it’s not cordless but it does have a little 6″ rotating brush and has really good suction.

I never liked them and gave up on using them. Now I just rely on my shop vacs or household vac with the nozzle and extension tubes…way better suction. The idea and concept was good, just not designed to have enough suction in my opinion.

Orange County, CA

hgonzalez7
    Pro
    San Antonio, Texas

If bosch had an 18v vacuum I might grab it. It would be great for quick little cleanups to take along with you with your 18v stuff.

I would be first in line to grab one if they found a way to fit it in an l-boxx 4 or something :P haha (that is – make it linkable with the lboxxes…)

I’d be in line for a Bosch 18V vac too. I could really use a smaller cordless unit to tidy up after small jobs.

Bert

I have been lugging my big ole’ ridgid shop vac around upstairs and downstairs in the last day doing some cleanup in the house rather than the shop, and all I could think to myself was ‘I wish I had a festool or cordless vac’

Either Bosch needs to save the day and get a vac out there or I might need to convince the wife on the festool 🙂

John S

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

John, while the Rigid is much larger than the Festool, I would bet that weight wise, it is probably lighter. I have the CT 22 and it is much heaver than my 15 gallon Rigid

That is good to know. I need to look at the lbs and/or get my hands on a festool vac to see what you mean, but I assumed wrongly on the weight…. But the weight of the ridgid isn’t the issue as much as how cumbersome it is with the hose and accessories giving it a rather large footprint. I feel like I have to hold it away from my body like a stinky diaper or something ha

John S

The key to good performance seems to rest on keeping the air filter clean. Cleaning the air filter is its own mess. Is there a vac out there with an easy to clean filter that doesn’t make a mess?

The Bosch and Festool versions work well from my experience with Festool and what I have read about Bosch. With Festool I always use the bag and the HEPA filters have lasted me a long time… a couple of years, in fact. One of the Bosch units has pulse feature to clean the filter and the dust falls right into the bag so I think it works well if you do not use bags. Personally I like the bags as it is cleaner and easier to deal with the mess so I just spend extra for them. If using in a business I would just add the cost of replacements to the materials list.

Orange County, CA

I have seen a Hilti with a pulse feature which is pretty slick… but it was a little bit too loud. Sounded like there was a monster trying to get out of the vac every 3 seconds haha

John S

redwood
    Pro

I’ve never needed you change the filter yet in my Festool midi. I don’t think that there has even been hardly a speck of dust in the vacuum, that is not retained by the bag.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

I’ve never needed you change the filter yet in my Festool midi. I don’t think that there has even been hardly a speck of dust in the vacuum, that is not retained by the bag.

Exactly…that is why I use the bags religiously. If you do not, then the Hepa gets destroyed in short order and you really are not saving any money in the long run — probably will cost you more. The new polyester vac bags Festool makes are great. I also use the long-life bag in my 22 and that has worked well for lots and lots of refills.

Orange County, CA

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.568 seconds