dcsimg

18V Vacuum

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Do you guys use 18V cordless vacuums? If so what are your thoughts?

I never have…they did not seem like they had very strong suction from what I remember when I tried one at a store…maybe I am wrong.

Orange County, CA

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

I know one person that uses the Milwaukee 18V vacuum and he told me that it is a real time saver for quick and small jobs like cutting in an outlet or switch. It has a pretty good amount of power for a portable vac. I am curious if Bosch is considering getting into this game?

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

Jason, I have the Dewalt that is hin the middle. I really like it for small cleanup jobs and little repairs. It will take a HEPA filter if you need it to also.

If bosch had an 18v vacuum I might grab it. It would be great for quick little cleanups to take along with you with your 18v stuff.

I would be first in line to grab one if they found a way to fit it in an l-boxx 4 or something 😛 haha (that is – make it linkable with the lboxxes…)

I know their larger vacs that are coming out will be able to have lboxxes stack on top of them.

John S

Anonymous
    Inactive

I had a 12v one once, I’d like to say it sucked, But unfortunately it didn’t, So it did. I hope the new 18v one’s are better.

redwood
    Pro

I have a Dewalt like the top one. It was fine for little stuff, but the Festool midi isn’t much larger and does a much better job. Only downside is that I need a cord.

Mark E.

Pioneer, CA

Working Pro 1972 - 2015
    Member since Jan 22, 2013
    www.creative-redwood-designs.com

The CT mini or Midi are compact vac with 137cfm and HEPA, but like Mark said, they are not cordless.

Orange County, CA

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Great idea to have it LBoxx stackable John. It looks like it works like a blower too.

Tools in action reviewed the Milwaukee vacuum:

Oh wow I didn’t realize the CT mini and midi are that small. That is really, really good to know. I am not sure I’d want to pay the price for them as cordless models 😛

John S

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Man $500 for a vacuum that small is a tough pill to swallow.

Yes…the mini is pretty small, but capable.

Orange County, CA

Cost is like anything…if it provides value and ROI then it is worth it in my opinion.

Orange County, CA

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Great point Scot, I think once I get one of these square vacs into my lineup my tune will change.

How do you feel about the CT 26E seems like it would be the way for me to start getting into Festool.

Jason, I have both of the DeWalt models. The larger one I use around my lathe to pick up the mess made there. The smaller one is useful when you are doing little jobs around the house like hanging something – picks up the sawdust or drywall dust just fine. It is also a good car vac.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

Lon is the smaller DeWalt vacuum more powerful than a really good dust buster?

I have never used a really good dust buster. I like that the hose comes out of the handle on the smaller one and works well in tight spots. Overall my feeling is that yes, it is more powerful than the dust buster.

The CT26 is an all around good vac. That is what I ave along with a CT22. I would also take a look at the Bosch vacs as they seem very capable too.

Orange County, CA

So Bosch has vacuums? I have not seen any before.

MKE_Voltage
    Saint Francis, WI

The bosch vacuum does look tempting and its about the same price as the Festool.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 63 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.396 seconds