dcsimg

18V Hacksaw

This topic contains 34 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Miamicuse 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)
  • Author

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I feel for smaller branches a recip saw would be safer then chainsaw. Plus a recip is much lighter to handle then chainsaw.

I use my recip saw with a pruning blade all the time to trim trees and bushes, light and fast.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

I put a request in for this saw this week. I can’t wait to try it. I also have pruning blade for it.

Congrats Greg , I always thought about picking this up. But so far I’ve been able to get most work done with the regular 18 volt recip
    Would be nice to have a compact one.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The saw blade guard for the Bosch compact saw does not pivot. It’s fixed.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am hoping this compact recip will suit my needs. I too have a chainsaw & pole saw. I feel for smaller branches a recip saw would be safer then chainsaw. Plus a recip is much lighter to handle then chainsaw. Most times I just need to trim a few branches. So makes sense to use the recip saw.

I see. For me if I prune a branch, the branch that fall would be kind of the size of a small Christmas tree, and we have to fit all that into the yard waste cart for collection.

So it may take 2 minutes to cut down the branch, but on the ground, I have to break the branch down into smaller, shorter pieces to fit inside the cart. That process may take 10 minutes. With a chainsaw I can do it in 2 minutes because I only need to touch these branches for a split second to cut them all into pieces. With a recip saw I need to kneel down and actually cut them through one at a time. But with only a single branch or two the cordless saw will work.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

I put a request in for this saw this week. I can’t wait to try it. I also have pruning blade for it.

Congrats Greg , I always thought about picking this up. But so far I’ve been able to get most work done with the regular 18 volt recip
    Would be nice to have a compact one.

Thanks Brian. I thought I would give a try. It might be nice to a have a compact recip saw.

The saw blade guard for the Bosch compact saw does not pivot. It’s fixed.

I knew that I saw it on one of reviews.

I am hoping this compact recip will suit my needs. I too have a chainsaw & pole saw. I feel for smaller branches a recip saw would be safer then chainsaw. Plus a recip is much lighter to handle then chainsaw. Most times I just need to trim a few branches. So makes sense to use the recip saw.

I see. For me if I prune a branch, the branch that fall would be kind of the size of a small Christmas tree, and we have to fit all that into the yard waste cart for collection.

So it may take 2 minutes to cut down the branch, but on the ground, I have to break the branch down into smaller, shorter pieces to fit inside the cart. That process may take 10 minutes. With a chainsaw I can do it in 2 minutes because I only need to touch these branches for a split second to cut them all into pieces. With a recip saw I need to kneel down and actually cut them through one at a time. But with only a single branch or two the cordless saw will work.

I just need to cut so the branches are easier to handle and can fit in the back of my truck. So I can take it too the dump.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I used it (with a 6.3ah core battery) to cut some PT 2X4s side by side with the Milwaukee FUEL 18V compact saw (with a 5ah battery) and the Milwaukee did better faster (most likely due to it bring brushless).

I can’t believe it has a brushed motor on it.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Bosch has been slow to bring brushless motors to their tools.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

Yeah. I think they are finally getting to that now
    Guess that they just want to make sure that they have the power in battery packs to back them up.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

I am not sure they are slow in that regard. I read somewhere (may be here LOL) most of the newer editions of these tools outside of NA are indeed brushless and have been around for a few years, they are just NAINA.

The grinder I bought a few weeks ago the Bosch GWS18V-45 is also brushed, but they have a GWS18V-45CN which is brushless but at twice the price and is connect ready. I don’t want to pay extra for connect ready, but would pay extra for a paddle switch, however I can’t find the paddle switch edition in NA.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

Greg

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@gtokley Another nice video Thank you for posting.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Boschmanbrian
    Pro
    Montreal , QC, Canada

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/PD1860XvirA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Okay Greg you are going to have to stop posting videos on Bosch tools and accessories haha making me spend more money 😁

It looks like a nice little saw.

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/PD1860XvirA?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allow=”accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture” allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Okay Greg you are going to have to stop posting videos on Bosch tools and accessories haha making me spend more money 😁

It looks like a nice little saw.

Sorry Brian. LOL!! I thought it was a decent review!
    I got my 18V Compact recip saw today. It seems like a good saw. I am sure it will do what I need it to do.

Greg

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I am not sure they are slow in that regard. I read somewhere (may be here LOL) most of the newer editions of these tools outside of NA are indeed brushless and have been around for a few years, they are just NAINA.

The grinder I bought a few weeks ago the Bosch GWS18V-45 is also brushed, but they have a GWS18V-45CN which is brushless but at twice the price and is connect ready. I don’t want to pay extra for connect ready, but would pay extra for a paddle switch, however I can’t find the paddle switch edition in NA.

Bosch could be trying to sell off all the old brushed tools before they let the brushless tool out. Once they are out bosch will be stuck with the remaining brushed tools.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Miamicuse
    Pro
    Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Bosch could be trying to sell off all the old brushed tools before they let the brushless tool out. Once they are out bosch will be stuck with the remaining brushed tools.

That’s possible of course, but then again, let’s say they delay for six months or a year to roll out new generation tools to clear out old inventory, how many users are buying the older tools? How many users ended up buying a brushless Makita or Milwakee or DeWalt or whatever instead because the perception that Bosch is running behind? If they want to clear out old inventory they have to do it real quick like over the holidays with a blow out price, or give them away like a Freak contest LOL.

Viewing 15 posts - 21 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.866 seconds