dcsimg

18v Cordless – What tool to buy next?

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 204 total)
  • Author
    theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I know it’s amazing Bill, I hope one day Bosch starts expanding its line,

That would be nice a dual 18V battery cordless miter saw would be awesome.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC
    (and also the World's Fastest Poster)

Anonymous
    Inactive

The next 18v cordless tool that I hope to obtain is Milwaukee’s SDS-Max Fuel brushless 1-9/16″ rotary hammer, due out any day. I do love my corded Bosch 1-5/8″ one, but it’d be so nice to be able to drive ground rods without having to drag a cord out, assuming that it’ll have the grunt for such.

I’m going for the half inch socket impact wrench. Waiting for it to be added to the list. Fingers crossed Jim gets the go ahead.

what is the model number of the half inch socket? if that does get added to the list, i may have to get that next

Is “IWBH182” what you were looking for? Would this have enough power to handle changing the lug nuts on a car?

I’m going for the half inch socket impact wrench. Waiting for it to be added to the list. Fingers crossed Jim gets the go ahead.

what is the model number of the half inch socket? if that does get added to the list, i may have to get that next

Is “IWBH182” what you were looking for? Would this have enough power to handle changing the lug nuts on a car?

I think it’s this one,

IWHT180-01
    18 V High Torque Impact Wrench with Friction Ring

Jpg-woodworking
    Pro
    Tallahassee, FL

great job ripping plywood with a 40t Diablo blade.

A 40T blade on a cordless saw? That’s not going to help your battery life!

I rip and crosscut 1/2″ soft ply for built-ins, closets, etc. I really don’t notice it slowing the saw down at all and the quality of cut is great. For cutting 2x material or doing sheathing, etc, the 24t blade goes on.

Doobie

Wow, that’s awesome Kevin, what model number, is it the bare tool, the high impact, with the friction ring?
    Thanks for asking for it :)

It’s the IWT180B ring fit bare tool model.

https://www.boschtools.com/us/en/boschtools-ocs/impact-wrenches-iwht180b-06019b1j11–39935-p/

There was a fair bit of analysis in this post in this thread and a few posts in that thread afterwards.

http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/what-are-you-saving-up-for-version-9/page/21/#post-463005

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It’s a toss up between the 18voltx2 sliding miter saw or the blower.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

The next 18v cordless tool that I hope to obtain is Milwaukee’s SDS-Max Fuel brushless 1-9/16″ rotary hammer, due out any day. I do love my corded Bosch 1-5/8″ one, but it’d be so nice to be able to drive ground rods without having to drag a cord out, assuming that it’ll have the grunt for such.

Woa!! Hadn’t heard of that one. A cordless sds max!!?? Sounds like a battery eater. I guess with one of their 9ah batts it would do well.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

Member since March 26, 2014.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Woa!! Hadn’t heard of that one. A cordless sds max!!?? Sounds like a battery eater. I guess with one of their 9ah batts it would do well.

Here’s a clip of Rob Robillard demoing it at last summer’s symposium.

Here’s a clip of Rob Robillard demoing it at last summer’s symposium.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28uLcqJO4kk

Thanks for the link @Sparky603! That guy is a beast!! I hope you get one too…so we can all live vicariously through your review.

Andrew

A Working Pro since 1995!

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

great job ripping plywood with a 40t Diablo blade.

A 40T blade on a cordless saw? That’s not going to help your battery life!

I rip and crosscut 1/2″ soft ply for built-ins, closets, etc. I really don’t notice it slowing the saw down at all and the quality of cut is great. For cutting 2x material or doing sheathing, etc, the 24t blade goes on.

1/2″.. Okay, that makes more sense. I typically use an 18t on my Makita cordless…mostly dimensional stuff. I’d probably default to my track saw for built ins.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

Just looked on the Bosch website, they have several cordless SDS max rotary hammers, some 36 volt and some 18.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Just looked on the Bosch website, they have several cordless SDS max rotary hammers, some 36 volt and some 18.

You sure those weren’t SDS-Plus, as opposed to Max?

I hope you get one too…so we can all live vicariously through your review.

Maybe you already are, and just don’t know it. 🙂

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I don’t know if that a cordless tool I’d want. For some things cords are good.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

kswiss
    Pro
    edmonton, AB

I’m really wanting another cordless bandsaw. I’m finding myself using my sawzall where I would really prefer to be using a bandsaw.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I’m really wanting another cordless bandsaw. I’m finding myself using my sawzall where I would really prefer to be using a bandsaw.

@kswiss
    I guess this would work good if the item you are cutting is more in the open. The sawzall will work for the tight areas best.

For me, I think a 18V circular saw.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What is the advantage of the bandsaw over the sawsall?

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

brianpeters
    Pro
    Murray, KY

You sure those weren’t SDS-Plus, as opposed to SDS-MAX?

Yes you are correct, my bad.

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

What is the advantage of the bandsaw over the sawsall?

Straighter cuts Bill.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Straighter cuts Bill.

I can use straighter cuts that’s for sure. LOL

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 204 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
queries. 0.659 seconds