dcsimg

18 gauge nailer recommendations

This topic contains 73 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  kurt@welkerhomes.com 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)
  • Author

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

Has anyone used the Freeman brand nail guns? I see a real good price on one but don’t know anything about them.

some freeman nailer look like the HDX nailer (HomeDepot brand)
    But so far I never seen freeman nailer in the stores

Attachments:

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I was eating dinner and missed the deal on the nail guns. lol
    I think I will go with the Hitachi. I haven’t heard anything bad from them. We have a couple at work and they have been doing well so far.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

They look identical. Need to find a hdx 15ga gun and compare that. If they are I cant imagine they being very good, but hey every once and a while cheap tools will surprise you.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

I don’t think the Freeman guns are so cheap. I just saw a good deal and haven’t heard anyone talk about them. There office is in Georgia.

Has anyone used the Freeman brand nail guns? I see a real good price on one but don’t know anything about them.

some freeman nailer look like the HDX nailer (HomeDepot brand)
    But so far I never seen freeman nailer in the stores

Freeman nailers are selling at my local Lowes . There flooring nailer is on display .

Always willing to learn .

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

On a side note I just ordered a new Magazine part and it was a lot cheaper on Amazon than E-replacements. It was 12$ cheaper on the big A.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

So doing a quick peek in some old threads I tried to get information on 18 gauge nailer.

About 6 months ago my trusty old Porter Cable finally broke I replaced it with a Bostitch smart point.

I wasn’t real happy with it and I was talkin to the dealer I bought it from a my complaint was that I can’t see the nail placement location on the small parts of my casing work.
    He said all the guys who do cabinet building or serious trim work tend to buy the Senko but it cost more.

I said I didn’t care return the Bostitch and purchased the senco.
    https://www.amazon.com/Senco-SLP20XP-8-Inch-Gauge-Nailer/dp/B000QUZCC0.

Now it’s a nice gone my problem is it leaves marks on all the work. I have an indentation where the nose is as well as where the nail penetrates. Not Cool.

Anybody have anything different since this is an old thread?

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

So doing a quick peek in some old threads I tried to get information on 18 gauge nailer.

About 6 months ago my trusty old Porter Cable finally broke I replaced it with a Bostitch smart point.

I wasn’t real happy with it and I was talkin to the dealer I bought it from a my complaint was that I can’t see the nail placement location on the small parts of my casing work.
    He said all the guys who do cabinet building or serious trim work tend to buy the Senko but it cost more.

I said I didn’t care return the Bostitch and purchased the senco.
    https://www.amazon.com/Senco-SLP20XP-8-Inch-Gauge-Nailer/dp/B000QUZCC0.

Now it’s a nice gone my problem is it leaves marks on all the work. I have an indentation where the nose is as well as where the nail penetrates. Not Cool.

Anybody have anything different since this is an old thread?

I thought there was a “non-marring” tip on the nose of the new Senco? My old Senco Accuset 18 ga has one.

There are only two ways to do things; the right way and again.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Not on this tool, it dents soft wood which it most of my work Very annoying. Not cool. In fact I would have been better off with the smart tip Bostitch but the salesman said they sucked to repair

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

For a air gun I really like the Hitachi and for the 18volt battery gun I still like the Hitachi as well. I will pick one up the next time they are on sale.

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Does it have positive placement? Or a protective nose

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

Does it have positive placement? Or a protective nose

I have the Hitachi 18g and like it. It has a protected safety tip. Also like the little Hitachi 23g pinner. It has a protected tip.
    Pics are off the web. not mine.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

TopNotch
    Pro
    elmwood park, NJ

Thanks for posting Ron.

it was never a problem for years with the gun I had I thought I was upgrading to a nice new gun I’m so disappointed.

The gun is powerful but the tip in crown molding or things and softwood leaving a mark is not good.

Working Pro since 1993

Tom M

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Pro
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

we have used the Hitachi for a while. Not to much problems. I do know the Bostich comes with rubber tips for the tip so that when you are nailing soft material it will not mar. you can buy additional tips also. I have not seen the rubber tips for any other guns. Myself, my next 18 Ga will be the Makita 18 V. I am sick of dragging hoses all over. That and a 18V mitersaw. It will also come in handy for a lot of window replacements we do. moving a compressor around as we go.

Viewing 14 posts - 61 through 74 (of 74 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.389 seconds