dcsimg

18 gauge nailer recommendations

This topic contains 65 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  DirtyWhiteBoy 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)
  • Author

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I’m gonna stay from the PC nailer,

Dirty

A Working Pro since 1988!

Member since January 26, 2013.

Seven-Delta-FortyOne
    Pro
    The Emerald Triangle, Northern California

Well, if they’re going to ruin Porter-Cable, Stanley, and now Bostitch, I guess Milwaukee expanding into new areas is our only hope. 😮

I had no idea they were turning Bostitch into a DIY brand. 😮

Delta

Goin' Down In Flames........

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Well, if they’re going to ruin Porter-Cable, Stanley, and now Bostitch, I guess Milwaukee expanding into new areas is our only hope. 😮

I had no idea they were turning Bostitch into a DIY brand. 😮

Delta

There are to many diy/home owner brands out there. It’s to bad porter cable isn’t what it used to be. They used to make awesome tools.

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I recently picked up a Hitachi 18g brad nailer. I haven’t used extensively yet, but so far I’m pleased.

Attachments:

Clev08
    Pro

Our senco nailers have always performed well for us, so I would recommend them as long as Stanley/B&D hasn’t bought them out yet lol

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

on an 18ga gun I havent seen many that dont work. I have a craftsman that is 25+ years old and almost never oiled and a senco. I would put senco and grex at the top of the list for default buying. But in truth i am betting you would be ok with anything for occasional use

BeardedCarpenter
    Pro
    Winsted, CT

I’m not so sure on that Chad. Walmart has a Bostitch line of tools. Look just like the PC stuff.

Wow, I didn’t know that. All I have seen of Bostitch around here is a couple small air compressors and some levels at Lowe’s. Th levels actually seemed to be pretty nice. Hopefully they don’t kill Bostitch too…I have never had many Bostitch tools but they have been around a long time, would hate to see them turned into garbage like PC.

I don’t really understand the place of the Bostitch line. With the exception of the air nailers, it seems that just about everything labeled Bostitch is clearly just a Stanley/Dewalt/PC painted dark yellow.

woodman_412

I’ve had a PC nailer for years and it’s still going strong and never had an issue with it. My dad has a Makita that is pretty nice too that he likes. I think if I was going to replace my PC I might try the Makita.

Dan

danpattison.com

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve had a PC nailer for years and it’s still going strong and never had an issue with it. My dad has a Makita that is pretty nice too that he likes. I think if I was going to replace my PC I might try the Makita.

If I recall, the 18ga Makita gets pretty good reviews. The rest of the line seems to have little available as far as reviews go.

I don’t really understand the place of the Bostitch line. With the exception of the air nailers, it seems that just about everything labeled Bostitch is clearly just a Stanley/Dewalt/PC painted dark yellow.

I don’t understand why there are 4 companies still in existence ( or more that I’m not aware of…). Many of their offerings compete with their other companies, which I don’t understand. IMO, the should drop 1 or 2 companies and focus on the others.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

woodman_412

If I recall, the 18ga Makita gets pretty good reviews. The rest of the line seems to have little available as far as reviews go.

Yeah I think you’re right Jon. I seem to remember researching the Makita for my dad before he bought it since he asked me which gun was the best to get. I haven’t tried his yet but I’d like to sometime just to see how I like it compared to the PC.

Dan

danpattison.com

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

my stair guy has teh makita. it came with his compressor.. he says its pretty average actually. mind you his primary gun is a OMER which is a $300 gun

heres a tip, dont fart in a space suit

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I recently picked up a Hitachi 18g brad nailer. I haven’t used extensively yet, but so far I’m pleased.

That’s a solid gun.. I have uses it hard and put it away wet… She keeps on going! I did drop it off the top of a 12foot ladder and now it needs a new mag.

Dirty

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

do you have the one in the photo i posted up? or do you have the pneumatic models?

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

I seem to remember researching the Makita for my dad before he bought it since he asked me which gun was the best to get.

I have the Makita 18ga. gun and I use it for a backup The Hitachi can’t be beat. What I don’t like about Makita is it will not rapid fire.

Dirty

woodman_412

do you have the one in the photo i posted up? or do you have the pneumatic models?

I have one of the older pneumatic models. My oldest PC brad nailer is 18 years old and is built the most solid. It only takes brads up to 1-3/8″ long so it doesn’t get used that much.

Dan

danpattison.com

Clev08
    Pro

my stair guy has teh makita. it came with his compressor.. he says its pretty average actually. mind you his primary gun is a OMER which is a $300 gun

Wow, $300, that cordless territory lol. I’ll have to look it up!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

What I don’t like about Makita is it will not rapid fire.

Strange that it would not have that capability as one of the chief reason for the gun is the rapid fire option.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

RonW
    Pro
    Holladay, Tn

I have the Makita 18ga. gun and I use it for a backup The Hitachi can’t be beat. What I don’t like about Makita is it will not rapid fire.

The little Hitachi’s are hard to beat. Relatively cheap and hold up well.

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

roninohio
    Pro
    New Franklin, OH

Has anyone used the Freeman brand nail guns? I see a real good price on one but don’t know anything about them.

Warren6810
    Pro
    Akron, OH

Has anyone used the Freeman brand nail guns? I see a real good price on one but don’t know anything about them.

I don’t know about that particular gun, but overall I have heard good stuff about Freeman. I am still slumming with a Husky and a generic, but I rarely use them, so for me it isn’t an issue. I have previously used/owned Paslode and Porter Cable.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 66 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.394 seconds