dcsimg

1/4 inch drive skill wrench

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author

I have to say, this has to be one of the best tools I have purchased, and for the price. I paid 20$ dollars at a liquidation center
    I bought it about 5 years ago, used it daily for assemblies at the shop.
    It is nice small, not very powerful, but saves quite some time in the time for small assemblies.
    It is 7.2 volt lithium, and 200 rpm
    Bolt capacity is 3/8 and screw capacity is 1/4. Manual torque is 400 inch lbs
    I’m sure I followed those specs lol
    It was one of my best tools for the price I bought. Still working. And it is made by Skill / Bosch

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I have always thought something like that would be handy. I may look into the Makita version next time they have a bare tool promotion.

it does not appear that Bosch has a true cordless ratchet similar to that.

@kurt@welkerhomes.com no I wish that Bosch would make it in the 12 volt platform. I know that Milwaukee makes them. Some of my colleagues have the Milwaukee 1/4 drive and 38 drive. They like them a lot.

cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have one very similar to this one and they are great for getting into tight areas and lots of torque to boot .

it does not appear that Bosch has a true cordless ratchet similar to that.

And I don’t think I have come across anything like it that is NAINA.

@Boschmanbrian
    do you know if you can replace the battery if it dies on you?

Looks like a really handy tool!!

John S

staker
    Pro

Great review, I will have tool look into one for myself. I have an air on that never gets used as it’s a pain to start the compresser and run airline.

@supimeister, yes you can replace the batteries. I have done that for a couple of my work mates. It’s not fun, you have to open up the unit, lots of small parts. Then replace the 2 3.7 volt batteries, we get the spare from old laptop batteries, not as strong in the running time, but it works. That’s why I’m liking the Milwaukee on the 12 volt platform. I’m hoping Bosch will think of adding something like it to their lineup.

@staker thanks, I had no intention of this to be a review. I will try to make a official review soon, on something that I find that has not been done. But thanks again.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hmmm…Well that’s a cute little thing, Not much power though at 33ft lbs of torque. Of course it is only 1/4″ drive so I can see where it would have some uses, Thanks for the pics

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

I have a pair of those and really like them as well. For assembly they are great.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

@supimeister, yes you can replace the batteries. I have done that for a couple of my work mates. It’s not fun, you have to open up the unit, lots of small parts. Then replace the 2 3.7 volt batteries, we get the spare from old laptop batteries, not as strong in the running time, but it works. That’s why I’m liking the Milwaukee on the 12 volt platform. I’m hoping Bosch will think of adding something like it to their lineup.

Nice, good deal for $20

I’m also looking at the M12 stuff but haven’t bought one yet.

Are the batteries you use 18650? I was watching a youtube video where a guy was replacing the batteries from a Bosch(Skil in US) Ixo and it used 18650’s

Been researching on the net to use some 18650’s to fix some old cordless stuff which use NiCads to at least get more use from them.

crotalusco
    Pro
    west bend, wi

ya for $20 thats a great buy

Hard to go wrong for 20 bucks.

It is a time saver if you are doing a lot of assembly. I picked up the Milwaukee M12 version for that reason. It worked well and saved me from some very sore wrists on a large assembly project. (It’s no fun to get older.)

TonyG
    Pro
    Colorado Springs, CO

Now that would come in very handy. I was just thinking about something that small after I seen the post about the Milwaukee angle impact. I was wondering why somebody hasn’t came out with one that size!

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Now that would come in very handy. I was just thinking about something that small after I seen the post about the Milwaukee angle impact. I was wondering why somebody hasn’t came out with one that size!

I like mine. They don’t have super power but for assembly or electrician work where you do not need a lot of torque it could come in handy.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.281 seconds