dcsimg

1/4" collet for bosch plunge router?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

I just bought a bosch plunge router at a garage sale, well, my son picked it up for me, it came in the plastic suitcase type box with the fixed and plunge bases, but no accessories, does bosch make a 1/4″ collet for this router? I have a selection of 1/4″ bits i would like to use with this machine, or do i need to buy 1/2″ bits?

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

What’s the model of the router?

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

madman_us
    Pro
    Palm Springs, CA

hey @gomoto69, let us know what router you got…picture and model number will help a lot to get you the right answer

"If you're going to do something, do it right the first time"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Instagram
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm Springs, CA

That said, they are pretty easy to get a hold of for most models, and only for a few bucks on Amazon usually.

Just need to model to be sure to get the right one

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

If it takes 1/2″ collet I am 99% certain you can get a 1/4″ one

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

I have picked up collets for PC routers on ebay.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

Most definitely…but the collets likely aren’t interchangeable from one model to the next.

ereplacemenparts.com will probably have the collet in stock.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

I picked up a Freud router on a clearance and it only had a 1/2″ Collet. I lookde for a 1/4″ and ended up passing on it because it was about 1/2 of what I paid for the router.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Being in Canada, your best bet is either ebay or ereplacements. Or hey give bosch Canada a call and see where they would suggest the best place to get it. If you could email atlas machinery, they are probably the easiest solution.

IF you can’t find the exact collet for your router, you can always use a reducer as well.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, i believe the model # is 1617evs, that’s the only numbers i can see anyway other than serial #’s. Worst comes to worst i’ll just buy a few 1/2″ bits i guess.i didn’t know a reducer was available reflector, does that slip into the collet i have? The router is nearly new, he said he only used it for 2 projects, but who knows, it looks like a good machine tho, looking forward to using it

RonW
    Holladay, Tn

Here is one of many using a google search. https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-2610008122-Collet-Chuck-4-Inch/dp/B00NQUI440

Ron

A Working Pro since 1994!

Member since March 26, 2014.

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Here is one of many using a google search. https://www.amazon.com/Bosch-2610008122-Collet-Chuck-4-Inch/dp/B00NQUI440

Unfortunately alot of the companies that sell on amazon.com site won’t ship products to Canada. He will have to find one already in Canada

Doobie

Unfortunately alot of the companies that sell on amazon.com site won’t ship products to Canada. He will have to find one already in Canada

And those types of things can be infuriating. You get nailed for ‘brokerage charges’ that can in some cases exceed the cost of the product. I’ve not been so unlucky, but I’ve heard of it many times.

The hard part, is you don’t know at times til even after you’ve received your delivery and you get a letter in the mail from the courier a couple of weeks later informing you what BS charges you now owe on the item. It’s a hit and miss with all this, so I tend to tread with caution when ordering direct from US sources.

Always try to ask as a Canadian whether they can ship USPS from them in the US. They have a reciprocal arrangement with our Canada Post and the charge is typically $5 if any on most things we’d order.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN
    58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

@gomoto69,
    Check with your local KMS Tools. They should be able to help you out.

@jponto07
    ereplacementparts will not ship to a Canadian Address. I found that out a few months ago when I located a replacement blade guard for my bandsaw.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

Thanks for the links, i will check with KMS, as i have a store about an hour away, and if not i’ll try online. I’ve been stung by the u.s. brokerage fees, avoid any thing shipped to canada via u.p.s., they will charge fees, so far i’ve never had an issue using usps. Thanks for the help

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

@gooto69 If you have no luck and need someone to “broker” the sale for you with a US address, I am happy to do so. Free of charge. 🙂 You can just paypal me the amount for shipping to Canada. Message me if that ends up being the best option pricewise for you. Too bad your sale didn’t come with one. Usually quality routers come with the two different size collets, but it musta got lost somewhere down the line.

gomoto69
    Pro
    salmon arm, bc

Thanks MrFid, that’s a generous offer. I think i’ll go back and see the fella the router came from, like i said, my son picked it up for me while i was up north at work. The case has several empty spots for various accesories, he may have them lying around his shop, can’t hurt to ask!

smallerstick
    Pro
    North Bay, ON

@jponto07,
    ereplacementparts will not ship to a Canadian Address. I found that out a few months ago when I located a replacement blade guard for my bandsaw.

Good to know @58Chev. I have browsed their site a few times but have never pulled the trigger. To be honest, I haven’t found anything yet that I can’t source here in Canada.

BE the change you want to see.
    Even if you can’t Be The Pro… Be The Poster you’d want to read.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.448 seconds