dcsimg

12 inch Disc sander

This topic contains 24 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  r-ice 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Sorpa
    Pro
    Pierrefonds, Qc

well I picked up this one from another woodworker in Toronto. It was home built but it works.

I also have this higher powered one with vfd controls and 3 removable magnetic plates to change between grits.

Nice set up!
    Making knives?

GTokley
    Pro
    Madoc, ON

well I picked up this one from another woodworker in Toronto. It was home built but it works.

I also have this higher powered one with vfd controls and 3 removable magnetic plates to change between grits.

</blockquote

Wow you have sweet set up there. I like the idea of changing the grits. I see you have a belt grinder.

I thought about making disc sander. Just never have the time to do it.

Greg

instagram.com/gregtokley/

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Nice set up!
    Making knives?

yah I have a heat treating kiln as well to help me heat treat but I love my sanding set up as I’ve used them for both metal and wood. The Sanders are quite powerful and if anyone is looking for one, you should get one, way better power than the ridgid oscillating sander and the other disc and belt combos.

This thing is a beast! Its built with a lot of cast iron & heavy duty parts, and as such it weighs a ton! I would definitely not classify it as a portable tool in any respect. Performance wise, it’s amazing. The motor spools up like some I’ve heard in big factories & runs very smooth. I haven’t checked the wheel for trueness, but its good enough for my uses.

Nancy Brown

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

This thing is a beast! Its built with a lot of cast iron & heavy duty parts, and as such it weighs a ton! I would definitely not classify it as a portable tool in any respect. Performance wise, it’s amazing. The motor spools up like some I’ve heard in big factories & runs very smooth. I haven’t checked the wheel for trueness, but its good enough for my uses.

are you talking about my disc sanders? as neither one of them have any cast iron parts to it.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.296 seconds