dcsimg

1 Step for … flooring

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • Author

Anyone else used 1Step underflooring in basements? I have to say I’m very impressed at first use, our client was a little hesitant at the cost first but we won him over showing him the added benefits of the material in his new basement project.

1Step

Project started

Near complete

Floored …

https://www.dmx1step.com/

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

kurt@welkerhomes.com
    Owatonna, MN - Minnesota

That looks like a good product. We have never tried it. The finished product looks great

r-ice
    Pro
    Durham region, ON

Interesting product,i haven’t had first hand use of it. I’ll have to read up on it and since you are within a couple hour drive, I should be able to get a hold of the 1 step should I need .

That looks like a good product. We have never tried it. The finished product looks great

It does look great; this might sound weird, but could you describe both how it sounds and feels when you walk on it?

Will

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

Delta-FL or Platten are the only procudts I have used.

Platten is a fraction of the cost of any other underlayment flooring product out there.

“If you don’t pass on the knowledge you have to others, it Dies with you”
    — Glenn Botting

It does look great; this might sound weird, but could you describe both how it sounds and feels when you walk on it?

Surprisingly quiet and soft … so much so that our client remarked on the product when he stepped in from the garage stairs … “it goes down a little when I stand on it” he said … I replied … good, that’s what it’s meant to do.

Our client also has a pool table to install down in the basement but I researched that too and found it’s pool table safe.

Carpenter and Joiner

Joiner ... a person who constructs the wooden components of a building, such as stairs, doors, and door and window frames.

Carpenter ... cutting, shaping and installation of building materials during the construction of buildings, ships, timber bridges, concrete formwork.

1970 ... to present.

Delta-FL

We looked at Delta FL but 1-Step seemed to come out on top in many aspects …

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

MrFid
    Pro
    Sudbury, MA

Looks like a nice product. Did you get it from a distributor? I haven’t seen it around, but then I don’t work a lot with flooring distributors.

Austin
    Pro
    Covington, KY

Looks a lot nicer than the stuff I just put down. Are all the lengths the same. I can’t tell.

Looks like a nice product. Did you get it from a distributor? I haven’t seen it around, but then I don’t work a lot with flooring distributors.

Rona was our guys but now they are part of Lowes.

Looks a lot nicer than the stuff I just put down. Are all the lengths the same. I can’t tell.

It’s the underlay material we are talking about.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

Doobie

Delta-FL or Platten are the only procudts I have used.

Platten is a fraction of the cost of any other underlayment flooring product out there.

I used Platon as well. Can give off a clanky sound.

I saw the one Journeyman shows at HD just two days ago in passing. It is softer and less hard plastic than the Platon product. I just touched it briefly, but it felt like a super compressed foam like material if that makes sense.

jponto07
    Bloomington, IN

I’ve never used it…but it looks a bit like Schluter Ditra. I’ve used that for tile underlayment a couple of times.

Jon P.
    Timber Carpentry & Construction
    https://www.facebook.com/timbercarpentry/
    Instagram

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

We looked at Delta FL but 1-Step seemed to come out on top in many aspects

Looks like a good product but at the time I did my basement I had two choices Delta-FL or Dri-Core. I do get some click but only at a couple of the edges/ends. None what soever in the center of my floor. (700 sq ft) Been down for about 8 years now and never an issue with the laminate I put down.

I have seen the DMX-1 product at my local HD.

@journeyman
    Here is the thread I started. http://bethepro.com/forums/topic/keeping-my-basement-floor-warm-dry/

— Glenn Botting

Delta-FL

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/QaplXLQTzkM?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque&#8221; frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Looks like a good product, it’s saying it is a dense foam underlying, I assume it would not absorb any moisture, I always like these products with the air flow little egg shapes, great for letting the air and concrete breath.

Nice job on the basement floor by the way, I like the color,

Delta-FL

<figure class=”oe-video-container”><iframe width=”770″ height=”433″ src=”https://www.youtube.com/embed/QaplXLQTzkM?feature=oembed&wmode=opaque” frameborder=”0″ allowfullscreen=””></iframe></figure>

Looks like a good product, it’s saying it is a dense foam underlying, I assume it would not absorb any moisture, I always like these products with the air flow little egg shapes, great for letting the air and concrete breath.

Nice job on the basement floor by the way, I like the color,

The HO picked the laminate out, in fact they bought it at a warehouse place I recommened. It was called Earl Grey (like the tea)

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

I might use this stuff for my basement

DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    Honolulu,, Hi.

It looks like a good product JM I’m wondering how much hight it adds to the flood so when the wood hit say tile?? The transition strip?? Will it still work?

theamcguy
    Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

Mervyn the results came out looking great.

Automotive Pro
    Fayetteville, NC

It looks like a good product JM I’m wondering how much hight it adds to the flood so when the wood hit say tile?? The transition strip?? Will it still work?

Together with 12mm laminate flooring altogether raises the floor 1 inch. Transition strips more than likely adds another 1/4 at doorways etc.

Carpenter and Joiner

1970 ... to present.

58Chev
    Pro
    Etobicoke, ON

I might use this stuff for my basement

One of the best upgrades to any basement. I’d recommend it to anyone who wants to finish their basement.

— Glenn Botting

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
© Robert Bosch Tool Corporation 2014, all rights reserved.
queries. 0.433 seconds