dcsimg

Rockwell versacut

This topic contains 24 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chris utopia78 5 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author

I was just wondering if anyone has or used this tool?thinking about getting one,I’m a tool freak.I have not heard any pros or cons. Thanks.

Hi Bob – its a DIY tool. I mentioned it on my site http://www.aconcordcarpenter.com/2011/03/rockwell-versacut-saw.html

If you have a circular saw, and a multi-tool I don’t see the need for it

~ Rob at http://www.ConcordCarpenter.com

Thanks Robert,I have both.

Thanks going to that site. I’ve also have both
    Got to check it out

Profile photo of William
    Skillman
    Pro
    New York, NY

Doing a bump to see if any one owns one and if so do the like it .

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Pro
    Bloomington, IN

Not for me. I have a Dremel attachment that allows me to make cuts just like the Versa Cut…I’m thinking never gets used.

Edit:

It’s a RotoZip not a Dremel, my mistake.

Jon P.
    Profile photo of Chris
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Interesting tool that seems to be inexpensive also. Wonder how well this actually works?

Profile photo of James
    jstare
    Pro

Yeah it would be nice if someone had one and could give a good review of it, by the sounds of it though if you have a couple other tools then it makes this redundant.

Profile photo of John. L
    cranbrook2
    Pro
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have been wondering about them too .They look pretty handy .They even cut through nails .

I believe there is another thread on this out there with comments by an owner about one.

Profile photo of Dave
    staker
    Pro

I am more interested in this saw

Finecut Power Handsaw
    1640VS

I have the saw. I bought it to cut Hardi siding. It comes with a vac attachment and it worked well at taking away the dust. It is under powered for the application I was using it for so I stopped using it. It would just take too long to cut through the Hardi siding.

I have not used it since or on any other material. One thing I remember really not liking was the need to push down to expose the blade to cutting depth. I am not sure if that could have been bypassed as I only used it for a couple hours till I ditched it.

Profile photo of Ethan
    EthanB
    Pro
    South Kingstown, RI

For the extremely rare occasions when this would be better than a circular saw, really only for being able to run a cut closer to an obstruction in my mind, there are better tools. Multitools have already been mentioned.

It’s not a cheap tool, you can buy a decent circ. saw for the same price, and another $80 for the miter saw attachment sounds crazy to me.

It looks like a DIY gimmick.

Profile photo of Jon
    jponto07
    Pro
    Bloomington, IN

I was in Menards yesterday listening to a couple of guys talking about this tool. It was clear that neither had used a real circular saw before, because they were considering this tool Because it has Less Power than a 7 1/4″ saw….who does that!?!? Make Tim “The Tool Man” Taylor proud…ugh ugh ugh!

Jon P.
    Profile photo of William
    Skillman
    Pro
    New York, NY

I have the saw. I bought it to cut Hardi siding. It comes with a vac attachment and it worked well at taking away the dust. It is under powered for the application I was using it for so I stopped using it. It would just take too long to cut through the Hardi siding.

I have not used it since or on any other material. One thing I remember really not liking was the need to push down to expose the blade to cutting depth. I am not sure if that could have been bypassed as I only used it for a couple hours till I ditched it.

That would seem like the best application for it . Bigger motor sounds like must for the saw .

Profile photo of James
    jstare
    Pro

For the extremely rare occasions when this would be better than a circular saw, really only for being able to run a cut closer to an obstruction in my mind, there are better tools. Multitools have already been mentioned.

It’s not a cheap tool, you can buy a decent circ. saw for the same price, and another $80 for the miter saw attachment sounds crazy to me.

Most tools like this are a gimmick aimed at people who don’t use their tools for a living. They are for the homeowner who doesn’t understand the proper method for doing things.

Profile photo of Chris
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Saw a tool exactly like this on an infomercial last night. Makes me think twice about it now.

Also wouldn’t you have to buy their blades for the tool in the future?

• This reply was modified 1 week ago by Profile photo of Chris Chris.
    Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    HonoluluHawaii, 449,864

It’s like a micro plunge saw right?

Profile photo of Chris
    utopia78
    Pro
    Toronto, ON

Are you saying that there are generic blades you can buy for this unit?

Profile photo of Dirty
    DirtyWhiteBoy
    Pro
    HonoluluHawaii, 449,864

Are you saying that there are generic blades you can buy for this unit?

No I didn’t say anything about the blades. How big is the blade?? I think it’s maybe the same size as my small worm drive?

Attachments:
    1. IMG_2162

IMG_2162.jpg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.130 seconds