dcsimg

favorite glue

This topic contains 168 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of jordan asgoodasdead 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 169 total)
  • Author
    supimeister

anybody here have a favorite glue they use? specifically for multi-purpose… or if you have a certain glue you love for specific applications….

John S
    jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

typically i use lepages wood glue for my trim.. for small returns i use mitre pro 2 part adhesive and for structural work i use pl premium or lumber loc

putting down subfloor with glue and screws, so i called dr smith and the robot too!
    woodman_412

My favorite wood glue is the Lee Valley 2002 glue. Miter Bond is my favorite 2 part adhesive for an instant bond on mitres. PL Premium is my favorite construction adhesive.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

gorilla wood glue.

supimeister

anybody here like titebond?

John S
    woodman_412

Yeah I forgot about Titebond. I use Titebond 3 for making cutting boards and butcher block tops as well as any exterior projects. It’s a great glue.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Titebond is my second glue of choice.

Nyx
    Participant
    Pittsburgh, PA

used elmers carpentry glue, switched to titebond.

woodman_412

I prefer the Lee Valley 2002 glue over the Titebond for general applications. It has a higher solids content and a little bit more open time.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Is lee valley big in Canada, I have never heard of it before this forum

woodman_412

Yeah Lee Valley is one of the major places in Canada to get quality woodworking tools and supplies. They also ship to the US and have an office in Ogdensburg, NY. I worked at the Halifax store when I was in college.

http://www.leevalley.com

Nyx
    Participant
    Pittsburgh, PA

Sounds to me like the equivalent of Rockler Fine Woodworking in the US. Rockler is great for specialty woodworking stuff from exotic woods to hardware and everything in between.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Nick have you ever ordered wood from Rockler?

Nyx
    Participant
    Pittsburgh, PA

No because fortunately they have a store 30min from me.

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

im the same for lee valley,, but their only 8 minutes from me.. the only thing i might order through them is a new tool belt.. they now carry a limited selectoin of occidental toolbelts that can only be ordered, they dont stock them

putting down subfloor with glue and screws, so i called dr smith and the robot too!
    BobSmononcle
    Participant

Titebond original for lots of stuff. I got a bunch of free bottles of Gorilla Wood glue (type II PVA, not that polyurethane cr@p) and like it pretty well, too. Only complaint is the nozzle gets clogged quite easily. Also use Elmer’s white PVA for things that I need a long closed time.

Big fan or Rockler and Lee Valley. Rockler is about 18 minutes away, but I do also order from them when I need to get stuff in. Woodcraft moved just around the corner from Rockler, but the new WC owner is running the place into the ground. Lee Valley a couple of times a year as they have some high quality and unique stuff.

Another good place is Woodworker’s Hardware (http://www.wwhardware.com)

supimeister

i like the woodcraft by me, but that is because it is closer than the rockler and there is no lee valley near me :(

John S
    woodman_412

If you’re looking for anything from Lee Valley John, glue or otherwise they have free shipping on right now. I usually try and wait until they have the free shipping deals on to put my orders in, saves a bit of money.

BobSmononcle
    Participant

Titebond Original for routine things. Elmer’s white for chair repair.

I got a bunch of free bottles or Gorilla Wood Glue ( the white PVA type II stuff, not the brown polyurethane that is just plain terrible). I like it.

Epoxy liquid or paste when needed. CA glue when needed, for non-stress stuff.

supimeister

Where are you guys getting all this free glue from? haha

Dan – I will definitely watch the free shipping deals in the future. That is a huge thing to take advantage of! Or, I can always ask the wifey for an early birthday gift :) haha

John S
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 169 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 0.818 seconds