dcsimg

Facebook success

This topic contains 21 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by Avatar of Tom ProTom 1 month ago.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    parenos
    Honesdale, PA

i was just talking to my neighbor, who is a salesman for a local log home company. they ship kits all over the country and internationally. He told me that they just changed their facebook page, and have seen an increase of 100,000 hits on their website, and an increase in phone calls by 200 percent. I have a webpage, just basic info. but no facebook, I dont have a personal page either, I have always felt like it was a time eater. Has anyone had success with facebook to increase leads in their trade?

jkirk
    halifax, nova scotia

i know quite a few contractors that have facebook pages. reason being its basically free and so many people use it now. with all the things you can show off on it why not

putting down subfloor with glue and screws, so i called dr smith and the robot too!
    woodman_412

I have a facebook page for my business as well as a website. I find the facebook page works well for keeping people up to date with what’s going on and any special offers or promotions. I’ve had people find me and contact me through the facebook page too. As far as I’m concerned the more places you can get yourself out there on the web the better…especially if some of them are free. I don’t usually bother much with my personal facebook page as that does tend to be a time eater as Brian said.

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

how many hours a week do you spend on your website and facebook page?

cranbrook2
    Participant
    Belgrave, Ontario , Canada

I have a facebook group and like Dan said it is a great way to keep people updated on your work . I have almost 800 members and I sell a fair bit through facebook . Every bit of free advertising helps .

http://www.facebook.com/groups/112698715866/

LtsDave
    Participant

Great topic Brian, did he share what worked for them?

woodman_412

I don’t spend much time on a weekly basis for my website and facebook page. Usually the updates will come after I finish a project and get the new photos added. A project update will usually take a couple hours between the time to take the photos and the time to send them off to my webmaster. Once the photos are posted to the website I update the facebook page to let everyone know to check them out.

Brian,

I have a remodeling business a website business and all of the social media pages. I’ve written a bunch of articles on using social media and other tricks to market your busines.

I can tell you that many, not all, of my clients follow my favebook page or at least friend my personal page. It’s a great way to get “facetime” with them when your not at their home working.

Give it a try – friend me first!

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Dave,
    They have some marketing company update it, when I see him next I will ask him how they did it.

Rob,
    Thats if I can figure out how to use facebook. I am the only 30 year old that I know that does not facebook, text, tweet ect. So this may take some time to get this together.

Brian,

I’ll help you if you’d like. Let me now

Brian,

I’ll help you if you’d like. Let me now

parenos
    Honesdale, PA

Thanks Rob. What program do you use when you edit your video’s?

I-Movie – on a MAC computer

I-Movie – on a MAC computer

manuelalbertodelfado@yahoo.com
    Participant
    Fresno, ca

yes it is a success. former instructors have or have facebook pages.everybody is getting on there

great news!

Participant
    Fresno, ca

Does anyone else use linkedin
    Business cards?

woodman_412

I have a Linkedin profile but I haven’t found that it has done me any good. I’ve found Facebook has done more good for me than Linkedin.

I have a big box of business cards printed up and give them away any chance I get. I’ve also left some cards in the business card racks at some of my suppliers or local hardware stores.

supimeister

how often do your facebook leads lead to real jobs dan?

John S
    Participant
    Fresno, ca

I agree. Business cards are far more effective
    than linkedin

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 22 total)

You must login or register for the Pro Forum to reply to this topic.

queries. 1.006 seconds